• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Gets New Direct-Feed Screenshots From Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the videos that I've seen, the only thing I don't like is the triangle prompt popping up whenever you're near an enemy. I'd like the contextual melee to be like TLOU. No prompts, it's up to the player to decide if they want to use melee or not.

Just amazing how screengrabs can get a thread going to over 1600 posts.

Kudos R&D

God help the internet when DF do an analysis of the tech being implemented.

Simply astounding visuals and i can not wait to play the game, Which isnt open world either for a change of pace from the norm this gen.

With Driveclub and now The Order and Bloodborne soon, It's looking extremely good for Playstation i must say, Just proves my decision to switch from the 360 to ps4 is justified.

Mifune

Mehmber
From the videos that I've seen, the only thing I don't like is the triangle prompt popping up whenever you're near an enemy. I'd like the contextual melee to be like TLOU. No prompts, it's up to the player to decide if they want to use melee or not.

With you 100%.

Hoping the prompt can be turned off, or that it disappears as you get further into the game.

RexNovis

Banned
What aesthetic qualities? I love aesthetic of this game, i've been saying that since first trailers.

But using CA and grain filter up to eleven is not aesthetics, its cheap way to make visual noise, hell i can make this in pretty much every game with some shaders.

God, i would love to RaD to show screenshots from the same locations without grain filter and CA. I wonder what would You prefer then.

I dub this the KKRT00 Rhapsody

RAD do you hate IQ?
Sends shivers down my spine
Chromatic Aberration all the time
Goodbye depth of field
Film grain's got to go
Sometimes I wish the bars weren't there at all

I see a little bits of grain on the screen
Travesty Travesty will you turn it off please

Cinematic game
Anyone can see
Cinematic games just arent for me
Cinematic gaaaaames

With you 100%.

Hoping the prompt can be turned off, or that it disappears as you get further into the game.

It just feels like the game is holding your hand at those points. I'm hoping that was there just for demo purposes. Hopefully someone who has the game can clarify if this is the case or not.

benzy

It just feels like the game is holding your hand at those points. I'm hoping that was there just for demo purposes. Hopefully someone who has the game can clarify if this is the case or not.

Yeah, me and Viveks were asking the community manager if we could turn off the contextual prompts. No answer though. :( Hopefully RAD will patch in the option to hide them if not.

Mory Dunz

Nothing but a grind, with the occasional goodies, then you die.

3/10. Would not live again.

Edit: Dammit, was supposed to edit above comment and add this one. My bad.

But the playtime is incredible, makes Xenoblade look like Ground Zeroes.

And don't even get me started on the FPS.

Ok, I'll stop with this joke. :)

Skux

Twist: The game world takes place in a simulation, and the black bars disappear and more colours are added when you enter the real world.

The chromatic aberration is really understated and well done in The Order. Destiny, for example, is a total CA mess, but here:

There's a red outline on her left shoulder, otherwise?

ruliweb_1886kor_ps4_10.jpg

Most interior shots are that same, like a slight red on his right hand and blue on his left thumb.
ruliweb_1886kor_ps4_21.jpg

This is probably the most. A fair amount of blue around the characters, but it's really well done for the amount of light in the scene.

ruliweb_1886kor_ps4_03.jpg

RexNovis

Banned
Holy crap I can't see any of the things you pointed out. I guess I don't have an eye for this stuff.

It's honestly barely noticeable which makes the outrage some people are displaying all the more rediculous. Mountain out of a molehill as they say in my neck of the woods

benzy

Holy crap I can't see any of the things you pointed out. I guess I don't have an eye for this stuff.

It's practically almost non-existent, much less in the high-quality footage the pics are captured from. If you want to see the effect expanded, check the obvious distortion of CA in Dying Light.

likzqb.png

derExperte

It's honestly barely noticeable which makes the outrage some people are displaying all the more rediculous. Mountain out of a molehill as they say in my neck of the woods

It's more obvious in motion, especially when overdone like in Dying Light and since more and more games have CA people are getting annoyed and notice it immediately.

RexNovis

Banned
It's more obvious in motion, especially when overdone like in Dying Light and since more and more games have CA people are getting annoyed and notice it immediately.

They've talked about how they are emulating the effect of filming and lens distortions for the game. The goal is to represent, as best they can, the look of a filmed movie. Given that CA is an effect that is often present in films filmed with non digital cameras I think it's merited here especially when the effect is hardly noticeable unless you specifically look for it. It's not RADs fault Dying Light abuses CA to the point of distorting the image as a whole.

Lol @ that post history

StealthPandemic indeed.

kyser73

The game looks like a painting in stills and in motion. I think it looks gorgeous.

I also have an official gaming crush on Isabeau.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom