• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS4 seen its biggest week for console hardware since launch in the UK

wapplew

Sale threads are funny.
One minutes we have missing 4K bluray is a mistake, slim design ugly, pro leap not big enough, days later we got no surprise, slim have better deal, more value.
All those knee jerk reactions over a week of sales report sometimes without numbers, just hilarious.

RocknRola

A bit of anecdotal evidence (mostly regarding the WD2 bundles): The store in which I bought TF2 yesterday had a big stack (at least 30 on display) of said WD2 bundles (Slim + WD2 +WD1) on friday. By Sunday, they only had regular Pro's and Slim's.

Super anecdotal and it's for a whole weekend (so 30 PS4's isn't all that much in a store that maybe got a few thousand visitors this weekend), but it may have actually been a good bundle WW, who knows.

Kayant

Hmmmm but I was told the slim needed help :p

Where most deal bundles with third party games? If so I think Sony can have seen a fair bit increase in revenue compared to last BF without accounting for sales volume increase given most sales would have been Slim which is cheaper to produce.

noobie

Banned

Kysen

£199 for a console with a game, yup not surprised its selling like hotcakes. Did PS3 even get to this pricing within 4 years?

Chris1

£199 for a console with a game, yup not surprised its selling like hotcakes. Did PS3 even get to this pricing within 4 years?
It was even 180 in a few places. Sony took bf serious in the uk. Good prices and good bundles. Not surprised there's a huge difference I didn't feel like the xbox one bundles were particularly great here. Prices were more or less the same it's been for months.

Anarion07

Friday was crazy in Germany, too.
196 Euros for the PS4 Slim.
This is not even hyperbole: Every second person/family at Media Markt had a Ps4 in hand

bigjig

I seriously doubt the Pro did much to move the needle. Pricing is a much bigger factor than power ever will be, which is why anyone hoping the Scorpio is going to magically reverse MS's fortunes is dreaming lol

OléGunner;225567187 said:
Crazy PS4 number.
Quite surprised to see XB1 down yoy compared to last Black Friday where it did 134k.

The XB1 deals were just as good as the PS4's from what I saw.

There were for some, but PS4 being sub £200 everywhere is a big deal. Xbox has been in this range for a few months.

OléGunner;225567187 said:
Crazy PS4 number.
Quite surprised to see XB1 down yoy compared to last Black Friday where it did 134k.

The XB1 deals were just as good as the PS4's from what I saw.

Looks like due to XB1 deals started before black friday.
And well, their main game all released before November already unlike last year.

Its even better than that John Lewis has PS4 Slim with U4 and FIFA for £199, including 2 year guarantee. Even GAME have several PS4 bundles with 2 games for £199.

I have been sitting on £210 worth of credit with Grainger Games waiting for a deal on the Pro, looks like Pro deals will be rare this year. I just know as soon as I buy, the free games/discounts will happen.

537.gif

There were for some, but PS4 being sub £200 everywhere is a big deal. Xbox has been in this range for a few months.

Good point yeah. This is like the first time in ages where the PS4 has been at XB1 levels of discounting.

Guess it really roped in a lot of people who've been holding out for lower pricing.

Looks like due to XB1 deals started before black friday.
And well, their main game all released before November already unlike last year.

Uh huh consumers are used to the near fire sale levels of XB1 for quite a few months.
Gears 4 doesn't seem that much of a hardware driver like Halo 5, but it'll likely have legs on the chart for a while.

$299 PS4 Pro Red Dead Redemption 2 Bundle next year book it.

Yeah, they should totally do this, either way they need to bundle this game. The timing would be solid too just like Battlefront timed with the hype of the new Star Wars movie coming out. RDR2 is going to have so much hype behind it, both due to Rockstar and the reception of the last game.

They also need to bundle Spider-Man and really take advantage of that, whenever it comes.

Like Floex said, they are potentially in quite a strong position with the Pro (and cheap Slim) out a year earlier, and many more games (first/third plus Japanese) on the way overall, even more so if they stay aggressive on price when Scorpio launches a full year later.

~2 million WW?

It's barely going to clear 50 million by the end of the month, at that rate.

I think ~60 million by March 2017 is out of reach at this point.

Huh?

so you think from 1st October, to end of November, they're only going to ship the 2 million they sold this week? i don't think i've ever seen anyone wronger.

Boke1879

IMO the PS4 is already over 50 million. If that Ubi employee is to be believed. These consoles will sell a lot over the next month.

60 million by the end of March is very doable IMO.

Behlel

Those numbers tells you how miniscule NPD for Sony... There is a world out there, losing to xbox by 5k or even 50k in US and Uk last month has barely affected Sony's positions as market leaders. These losses are mitigated by Japan and rest of the world.

Playstation is HUGE worldwide.
This is why there aren't huge deal in NA for this BF. EU and Asia are way bigger for Sony and it's where they're building their fortune.

RocknRola

Derp.

My bad, I misread and assumed it was 2 million for the whole month.

Yeah, the important bit is it being for just a single week (and 1 day to go, at the time of the tweet). That means with BF alone they probably cleared (or at least reached) the 50million mark. They still have the entirety of December to sell more consoles. They should definitely hit 60 million by March, especially if games like Horizon manage to push hardware.

Javin98

Banned
~2 million WW?

It's barely going to clear 50 million by the end of the month, at that rate.

I think ~60 million by March 2017 is out of reach at this point.
That's a weird thing to say. We know the PS4 shipped 47.4 million units by the end of September. It's pretty reasonable to assume that sold through numbers were around 45.5 million. It sold 235K in the US in October and since the US contributes roughly a third of global sales, it's safe to assume the PS4 sold 700K worldwide, raising the number to 46.2 million. With the PS4 selling 2 million in the busiest shopping week, the Pro launching earlier in the month and the weekends plus Cyber Monday sales yet to be factored in, it's not out of stretch to assume it will hit 51 million by the end of the month.

I don't think the PS4 will reach 60 million sold through by the end of March, though. Shipments, though? Definitely.

Rymuth

142k is insane for a console in one week after launch.

It basically killed all the advantage XB1 had these last months in one week.
I thought you were talking about the UHD player for a second before realizing you meant the lead gains.

Top Bottom