• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS4 seen its biggest week for console hardware since launch in the UK

I bought an Xbox on Friday, already own a ps4, but damn I was salty about how much cheaper the PS4 deals were in Ireland. €250 euro bundle with a free game thrown in. I paid €280 for the Battlefield 1 xbox bundle with Gears thrown in free. Still a good deal but €30 more expensive.

EGM1966

Feels Sony pushed harder on price/bundles than n IK vs US but that might just be perception. Good result for them in UK/Pal of course.

Next NPD threat a going to be mental either way though.

gtj1092

Feels Sony pushed harder on price/bundles than n IK vs US but that might just be perception. Good result for them in UK/Pal of course.

I think it's just perception. Sony matched MS dollar for dollar in the US. The deals were just at different retailers. In the end though it boils down to sticker price and it was $249 vs $249.

Elandyll

Banned

Unfortunately Aqua won't be able to share numbers until Jan it seems :(

GeoramA

That's pretty crazy. Didn't think it was gonna do that well, tbh. Next year should be even better with a cheaper Pro and RDR2 marketing.

Vlodril

That's a weird thing to say. We know the PS4 shipped 47.4 million units by the end of September. It's pretty reasonable to assume that sold through numbers were around 45.5 million. It sold 235K in the US in October and since the US contributes roughly a third of global sales, it's safe to assume the PS4 sold 700K worldwide, raising the number to 46.2 million. With the PS4 selling 2 million in the busiest shopping week, the Pro launching earlier in the month and the weekends plus Cyber Monday sales yet to be factored in, it's not out of stretch to assume it will hit 51 million by the end of the month.

I don't think the PS4 will reach 60 million sold through by the end of March, though. Shipments, though? Definitely.

the prediction was for shipped though no?

Javin98

Banned
the prediction was for shipped though no?
I'm confused, whose prediction? The general prediction, I believe so. But I think Orochi was talking about sold through numbers. Otherwise, the PS4 most likely cleared 50 million shipped by the end of October.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm confused, whose prediction? The general prediction, I believe so. But I think Orochi was talking about sold through numbers. Otherwise, the PS4 most likely cleared 50 million shipped by the end of October.
Sony prediction/forecast.

I believe they will be over the forecast by 500k but let's wait April/May.

There were crazy deals in the UK for PS4 on black friday on amazon - nothing really for XB1S but a few coming through now for £199 - not sure what other retailers offered

AmFreak

I think it's just perception. Sony matched MS dollar for dollar in the US. The deals were just at different retailers. In the end though it boils down to sticker price and it was $249 vs $249.
Even more, the best console deal this BF was the PS4 Uncharted Bundle + R&C and TLOU for $249.

flattie

Not surprised. I saw that UC4/Driveclub/TLoU deal go as low as £220. That is insane. This is for the 1TB console too.

There were some good XB1 deals too, but the PS4 deals were undoubtedly wider in range and better in value.

Audioboxer

Well deserved, the pro while ugly is a better built console. Mines is near silent and it's nice to have everything upscaled to 4K. I just hope devs stop being careless with pro patches and acting like it's ever so hard to bump up a games graphics without breaking everything (do u even PC bro?).

EGM1966

Yeah - the tone in NPD threads implys much more aggressive deals from MS hence I was curious. Can't wait to see the next NPD thread: whichever console comes out on top it's likely to be pretty entertaining.

Wonder what the Slim vs Pro ratio was. Pro was never pushed during BF and all the amazing deals were on the Slim.

And wasn't even close with the Xbox. The deals for MS didn't seem as good or marketed as heavily. Of course the One S has been selling great over the last few months so it's not all bad.

Shock32

That's pretty crazy. Didn't think it was gonna do that well, tbh. Next year should be even better with a cheaper Pro and RDR2 marketing.

RDR2 is going to be a juggernaut, i'll be double dipping if they make an awesome limited edition console.

Wonder what the Slim vs Pro ratio was. Pro was never pushed during BF and all the amazing deals were on the Slim.

And wasn't even close with the Xbox. The deals for MS didn't seem as good or marketed as heavily. Of course the One S has been selling great over the last few months so it's not all bad.
The US was the only place where the Pro had good deals.

Rahvar

Sweden numbers from my retail chain:

We sold Xbones for $170 with Alan Wake and Quantum Break and Xbox One S with Fifa and either Gears 4 or Forza Horizon 3 for $190.

Ps4 had the slim at $230 and Pro at $390, no games included. Ps4 still outsold the Xbox.

KOHIPEET

Nice to hear about phenomenal sales, but all I wanna hear is psvr doing well, cos that shit is the future. (vr in general)

cheesekao

We sold Xbones for $170 with Alan Wake and Quantum Break and Xbox One S with Fifa and either Gears 4 or Forza Horizon 3 for $190.

Ps4 had the slim at $230 and Pro at $390, no games included. Ps4 still outsold the Xbox.
I'm always amazed at what mindshare can do.

Coxy100

Banned
Well deserved, the pro while ugly is a better built console. Mines is near silent and it's nice to have everything upscaled to 4K. I just hope devs stop being careless with pro patches and acting like it's ever so hard to bump up a games graphics without breaking everything (do u even PC bro?).

Who says it's the Pro that sold? All I saw in the sales (UK) was the Slim... so that probably got the vast majority of sales.

As someone who grabbed a Slim last weekend, I am fairly happy with it.

What other exclusives should I nab up? Getting the UC collection before I start UC4, as well as getting Infamous Second Son. Have my eye on Bloodborne and maybe Until Dawn.

Mostly looking at PS exclusives as I'm primarily a PC gamer and I prefer my multiplats on PC.

Likewise, having NHL17 is cool cause I havent played one since maybe 09 on the PC.

I am curious about Driveclub. What kind of racer is it? I'm mostly acquainted with more recent Criterion racers.

Also I've been trying my luck on Destiny but it doesn't seem to be really clicking with me, even though I enjoy other MMO style games. Heck just this week I put in more time with The Division than any other game.
Ratchet and Clank, Gravity Rush Remastered and Infamous First Light.

Boke1879

RDR2 is going to be a juggernaut, i'll be double dipping if they make an awesome limited edition console.

Next year will be very interesting in terms of what Sony is going to do. I have a feeling they have marketing rights to Mass Effect based on the Pro reveal and the tumbler being in that new PS ad.

Sony will have Destiny 2, RDR and I think a new battlefront they can leverage.

Which one gets a Pro bundle is anyone's guess, but I do think they'll do a price drop/strong 3rd party bundle in order to compete with Scorpio

darkwing

just crazy, EU is PS4 country

Next year will be very interesting in terms of what Sony is going to do. I have a feeling they have marketing rights to Mass Effect based on the Pro reveal and the tumbler being in that new PS ad.

Which one gets a Pro bundle is anyone's guess, but I do think they'll do a price drop/strong 3rd party bundle in order to compete with Scorpio

I'm guessing all of them will. By then Sony will be ready to release the limited edition pro SKUs. You'll see double dippers just for the pro in different colors

d9b

Banned
Dat Cerny magic...
2374320-6275214182-ioi8jjn.gif

longdi

Banned
Anyone read the title as PS4 weakest sales since launch? :p

I hope the PS4 Pro did well. Imo it is the way to do iterative console. Cerny team is on a roll!

Chris1

I think Sony will lose either Destiny or Battlefront. Maybe both. They have way too much next year and AFAIK MS has literally nothing other than FIFA/Madden? With BF switching to XB1 this year I could see BFront too.

Destiny 2, Battlefront 2, CoD, RDR2, maybe a first party game, assassins creed, need for speed (this is usually ps4 right?) and potentially that suicide squad game rumoured for 2017. That's just talking about the second half of 2016.

I think Sony will lose either Destiny or Battlefront. Maybe both. They have way too much next year and AFAIK MS has literally nothing other than FIFA/Madden? With BF switching to XB1 this year I could see BFront too.

Destiny 2, Battlefront 2, CoD, RDR2, maybe a first party game, assassins creed, need for speed (this is usually ps4 right?) and potentially that suicide squad game rumoured for 2017.

I don't see it tbh.

Edit: EA would have given the marketing rights for Battlefront to MS, but there is Disney ;)

Kyoufu

Destiny 2, Battlefront 2, CoD, RDR2, maybe a first party game, assassins creed, need for speed (this is usually ps4 right?) and potentially that suicide squad game rumoured for 2017. That's just talking about the second half of 2016.

Sony has Destiny marketing rights for a long, long time.

Top Bottom