• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top down Zelda would be great. There were some cool areas in Mario 3D Land that did this to great effect with the 3D screen.

It felt almost like a teaser.

Whatever they do, I'd like them to drop the Wind Waker artstyle and try something new.

I really hope devs who put inventory or other clickable items on tablet structure it correctly.

This, although more than functional, seems like it may be hard to reach the items toward the middle of the screen. Pic hijacked from another thread.
wiiu1.jpg

A menu designed around the edges in reachable thumb distance would be better, generally speaking of course. Like this(not the design, but the placement):

ADANIEL1960

Neo Member
With the wii, a lot of the more mature games, look like we are playing a game through a camera with a lens covered in Vaseline. Was this the fault of the compression used on the textures or was this an "artisic" choice. If it was compression, are we going to have to steel ourselves for more of the same with the WiiU?

Rich!

You had to walk a huge distance only to die and walk to it again. Echoes is a very unforgiving game but it feels like an amazing accomplishment when you kill those bastards >:]

Playing on the hardest difficulty is the way to go with echoes

such a good game. brutal, but very rewarding.

BlackJace

Count me a part of Team Top-Down.

Minish Cap and LTTP were surprise hits with me, and I'd love to see a new game return to form.

An online adventure like Four Swords would be nice too.

AGITΩ

Count me a part of Team Top-Down.

Minish Cap and LTTP were surprise hits with me, and I'd love to see a new game return to form.

An online adventure like Four Swords would be nice too.

Playing 3D Dot Game Heroes did put me in the mood for another Zelda game in this style.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Expect: Zelda 3DS, Pikmin 3, NSMBMii, New Retro Studios Game, Surprise Collaboration a-la Metroid: Other M, One HD Collection.

Majora's Mask is perfect as is. Termina's an ugly, creepy place and the crappy framerate and N64 textures suit it perfectly.

3DS remake? Do not want. Maybe it's great for Ocarina's glorious arse but it feels wrong here.

Neiteio

Majora's Mask is perfect as is. Termina's an ugly, creepy place and the crappy framerate and N64 textures suit it perfectly.

3DS remake? Do not want. Maybe it's great for Ocarina's glorious arse but it feels wrong here.
NO! NO NO NO! It MUST get the special treatment! MUST! Modern-day TVs kill MM. KILL IT! They make it all blurry and unbearable to look at. We NEED a glorious MM3D! NEED IT!

Linkhero1

Green Scar pls.

I would love to see a remake and I'm hoping we see it next E3.

Anth0ny

I agree. OOT 3DS' colors are over saturated as fuck. Doesn't work with Majora's Mask at all.

I wouldn't mind a HD remake to more closely replicate the promotional art.

Penguin

Oh minor question, but in terms of downloading animation

Would you prefer Nintendo went with something like the Wii which pays homage to their history.. or something like the 3DS.. which has a better indicator of how far along your actual download is

I really hope devs who put inventory or other clickable items on tablet structure it correctly.

This, although more than functional, seems like it may be hard to reach the items toward the middle of the screen. Pic hijacked from another thread.
wiiu1.jpg

A menu designed around the edges in reachable thumb distance would be better, generally speaking of course. Like this(not the design, but the placement):

Good point. I'd be tempted to place items for selection in each corner of the screen, so they can be easily accessed without looking down. So four items up for quick selection as usual (in Zelda's case), but freeing four face buttons up.

Linkhero1

Would you prefer Nintendo went with something like the Wii which pays homage to their history.. or something like the 3DS.. which has a better indicator of how far along your actual download is

I'd like to see something clever like with the Wii, but at the same time they should give us a clear indication of how long it will take with a progressive bar. If I remember correctly Mario hits on ? blocks and gets coins. Maybe they should display the percentage through coins collected? So once Mario has collected 100 coins (100%) that means you have completed the download.

Anth0ny

Both =)

AGITΩ

Why cant they do both?
Mario on the classic donkey kong stage, the Further up he goes, the closer the download is the completion. If the download fails, he gets hit by a barrel and dies.

Progress bar/percentage on top screen, Nintendo-themed downloading animation on the telly. Make more than one, too. Zelda, Pokemon, DKC, go nuts with it.

Anth0ny

NO! NO NO NO! It MUST get the special treatment! MUST! Modern-day TVs kill MM. KILL IT! They make it all blurry and unbearable to look at. We NEED a glorious MM3D! NEED IT!

Virtual Console version looks fine.

I'd rather it get the 1080p treatment ala Banjo Kazooie XBLA.

Well now that Nintendo has OFFICIALLY abandoned all hardcore gamers.

I hope you nintards have fun!

When Nintendo wins, Wii lose.

Wii Music, Wii Sports Resort and Animal Crossing

now this is the best conference. I was waiting for when Nintendo would officially announce they hate hardcore gamers, so that people on GAF could stop pretending they liked the Wii.

WHY

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

This is an amazing thread

What a conference

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If it must be ported, I'd take one of two things: Majora's Mask 3D, as I thought the OoT 3D remake was dope. I feel, with that kind of visual increase, performance and gimmicks, it would be best suited to the 3DS. Alternatively, if it were for the Wii U I'd prefer a total overhaul/remake, including an entirely revised art direction that uses the same dark shadow shading that appeared in the official artwork.

Basically Majora's Mask HD, totally remade to look just like the concept and promotional art, taking advantage of the Wii U's hardware.

That would be awesome, but much more expensive. End of the day for cheapness I'd prefer the former idea.

Linkhero1

If it must be ported, I'd take one of two things: Majora's Mask 3D, as I thought the OoT 3D remake was dope. I feel, with that kind of visual increase, performance and gimmicks, it would be best suited to the 3DS. Alternatively, if it were for the Wii U I'd prefer a total overhaul/remake, including an entirely revised art direction that uses the same dark shadow shading that appeared in the official artwork.

Basically Majora's Mask HD, totally remade to look just like the concept and promotional art, taking advantage of the Wii U's hardware.

That would be awesome, but much more expensive. End of the day for cheapness I'd prefer the former idea.

If anything, Nintendo should make the next Zelda game based off the concept/promotional art from MM. I would love to see them do something along those lines. Thinking about it gives me warm feelings.

Edit:

euz9n.jpg

Mah God. It looks beautiful.

You're a bad influence, y'know that? You've inspired me to look-up the "Greatest meltdowns in gaming history" thread. I'll probably be up until 2am, giggling.. and I have to be at work by 7am. Mm mm mmm..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464637

This is an amazing thread

What a conference

:^l

"Oh, and before I leave there's just one more thing I'd like to show..."

Wait, nevermind. It's over.
and it's a wrap :lol
That's... it?
That was truly bad.

Not even fucking Pikmin made an appearance.
HOLY SHIT, nothing else. HAHAHAHHAA

zxguerjRx.jpg

The MM art is sinister looking because the game is mad sinister. I wouldn't want a game that looks like the MM art just 'coz- make something similarly twisted in tone first, then give it a freaky style to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom