• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect some awesome JRPGs for WiiU

Nintendo already laid down the foundation with Wii's Xenoblade

now with a strong HD system these games should be very nice eye candy too

Give it to me straight: is Xenoblade 2 a thing that is possible given the plot of the first game? Yes/no answers only, I'm only like 10 hours in

HylianTom

Banned
Reading the E3 2006 Wikipedia entry, just for grins and giggles.. here's the entry for Nintendo's part:

On Tuesday, Nintendo held their pre-E3 press conference at the Hollywood and Highland Centre. The firm announced the US launch date for the Nintendo DS Lite. Nintendo decided not to announce the price for the Wii during E3, stating they preferred to announce it closer to the console's launch in Q4 2006. The very first game for the Wii was Wii Sports, which was also the pack-in game. Upcoming games announced for the Wii included The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Red Steel, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Project H.A.M.M.E.R., and Excite Truck. Upcoming games announced for the Nintendo DS included Final Fantasy III, New Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Children of Mana, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, Yoshi's Island DS, Star Fox Command, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Disney's American Dragon: Jake Long, Attack of the Dark Dragon, Diddy Kong Racing DS and Mario Hoops 3-on-3. Upcoming games announced for the Game Boy Advance included Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VI, and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team. Upcoming games announced for the Nintendo GameCube included Super Paper Mario, DK Bongo Blast, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Baten Kaitos Origins. The first two of these were instead released on the Wii, and the third released on the Wii and the GameCube.

First: holy crap, that's a lot of games!

Secondly: does anyone see this E3 coming close?

dkeane

So anyone think the controller will have an "always on" option?
Like - I can be watching TV but the pad controller will light up and tell me if a friend comes online?

HylianTom

Banned
nintendo announces that they're going whole hog on this online thing and all wii u games will use blizzard's unique "always online" system
I know it sounds bad, but I'm glad that things like this have happened before Nintendo tackles online so that they might catch some small, teensy clue about how not to tackle the online issue.

But damn.. just when I start to accept the whole idea of online features, some bullshit like this comes along and makes me sour on the whole thing again.

AGITΩ

I expect Super Mario Parallel World

I would cream myself for F-Zero W(Double)X

So anyone think the controller will have an "always on" option?
Like - I can be watching TV but the pad controller will light up and tell me if a friend comes online?

Its not a bad option. I would like if the Disc Drive changed different color. The Wii Pulsated Blue when there was an Update or new message available. It would be cool if it did like the 3DS notification light and the Disc Drive served the same purpose.

starmud

I expect space. And cake. And cake space.

e3 cake could be best cake
9hRsH.jpg

AzaK

It's just a mock-up, but what do you think of that?

That blows my mind. I saw numerous things simultaneously when I looked at it.

1) Balls rolling down shoots
2) Cupcakes
3) Breasts with misplaced nipples
4) Eyes on top of a bug eyed alien
5) A happy smiley person
6) Two penises side by side, one without testicles

Over 1000 posts in a 24hr period. Good job guys.
It would be if we'd been talking about some new confirmed info!

jacksrb

So, let's say Nintendo has 1 1st Party game planned for the Wii U's launch. What game would you expect it to be, and what game do you unrealistically hope it would be?

I expect NSMB Mii

I hope for Wii Vs (collection of Chase Mii, Battle Mii type experiences)

HylianTom

Banned
I don't think that's something we should take pride in :p
I dunno.. I like how active this group is. That there's always something being discussed is great.

I expect NSMB Mii

I hope for Wii Vs (collection of Chase Mii, Battle Mii type experiences)
I kinda hope that those Chase-Battle-Shield games are pack-ins and playable online. My nieces/nephews would get a kick out of being able to make me feel feeble/kick my butt online, haha..

Gmail App, Maps, etc possible, or are they too close to Sony territory at this point for Nintendo to go that route?

Wii had a world map. It was used for geographical news browsing and not for directions, but there's precedence.

edit: Or did you specifically mean "Google Maps"?

Well, based on Thread 4's post#18805 and possibly #18993, we are fairly confident that Nintendo is partnering with Google on the OS side (not using Android).

AzaK

I dunno.. I like how active this group is. That there's always something being discussed is great.

I kinda hope that those Chase-Battle-Shield games are pack-ins and playable online. My nieces/nephews would get a kick out of being able to make me feel feeble/kick my butt online, haha..

I'm with you HT. I can imagine taking the Wii U to the family's at christmas and doing some battling and chasing. My family LOVE playing Wii Sports when I take it around for gatherings. Wii U doesn't feel like it will be QUITE as easy to get into for non-gamers as Wii Sports, but I can definitely see them giving it a go. Especially after a few brews.

Anth0ny

nintendo announces that they're going whole hog on this online thing and all wii u games will use blizzard's unique "always online" system

People have to understand that Super Smash Bros is a MULTIPLAYER game. I'm sorry, but if you want to play single player or vs CPUs you are in the VAST minority.

HylianTom

Banned
Gmail App, Maps, etc possible, or are they too close to Sony territory at this point for Nintendo to go that route?
Trying to figure-out.. what would we use the maps for?
I do see an email app coming, but I remain skeptical about Google/Android/etc. implementation. Actually, if we can use our Club Nintendo ids in our Wii U email addresses instead of those damn sixteen-digit numbers, I'd be more inclined to use my Wii U email for all sorts of stuff.

edit: and now I'm seeing the posts that GPW named about Google coordination. My skepticism on this is lightened a bit..

Boost Guardian was easy.

Spider Guardian though? fuck that shit
Eeeehh.. I hated both of 'em. Especially in Hard mode. They're pretty much frustration, distilled.

Trying to figure-out.. what would we use the maps for?
I do see an email app coming, but I remain skeptical about Google/Android/etc. implementation. Actually, if we can use our Club Nintendo ids in our Wii U email addresses instead of those damn sixteen-digit numbers, I'd be more inclined to use my Wii U email for all sorts of stuff.

Wii had a world map. It was used for geographical news browsing and not for directions, but there's precedence.

edit: Or did you specifically mean "Google Maps"?

Well, based on Thread 4's post#18805 and possibly #18993, we are fairly confident that Nintendo is partnering with Google on the OS side (not using Android).

Hmmm. I remember Nintendo and Google teaming up for that one odd game(Ando Kensaku), but thought it fell through since we never heard much afterward. Would be pretty cool though.

Izick

Not happening this year.

Aonuma said the next Zelda 3DS will be an original.

And it's getting announced at E3. My only 100% sure new game reveal prediction.

Curious as to what type of game it will be. OoT styled gameplay, top-down, or something else entirely?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Curious as to what type of game it will be. OoT styled gameplay, top-down, or something else entirely?

Please this. And give the option for traditional controls.

Hey, didn't Miyamoto originally envision 3D Zelda as a first person game?

Yerp. I'd like to see that come to be. At least have the option to change the view, that would be great.

If Nintendo want to experiment with such a departure from the norm for Zelda, the best bet would be a bundle alike to how LTTP/Four Swords was presented on the GBA. People will buy the game for the main attraction, and discover this awesome extra game too.

This is a fantastic idea.

Rich!

If Nintendo want to experiment with such a departure from the norm for Zelda, the best bet would be a bundle alike to how LTTP/Four Swords was presented on the GBA. People will buy the game for the main attraction, and discover this awesome extra game too.

Yerp. I'd like to see that come to be. At least have the option to change the view, that would be great.

That reminds me - I was playing on Xenoblade on the Dolphin emulator earlier, and decided to use the Free Look option (lets you set the camera to wherever you want). Set it to literally inside Shulk(main character)'s head. Result was that it turned into a genuine first-person experience.

Battles didn't work well, but actually running around the world in first person is mindblowing, especially in 1080p HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom