• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 gameplay video - "Precious Cargo"

* So he hit this guy with the sword, blood everywhere yet in the cutscene he's completely fine? if you do that slo-mo attack on horseback to a "normal" enemy you can cut him in half but since this is an "important" NPC he's fine afterwards? ....meh

To me it looked like he hit the horse and the guy just fell off.

the vegetation and trees blowing in the wind look really bad
the horse tail animation is laughable
the game seems to be another one of those, open world and linear mission types
the combat doesnt look satisfying either

:/

Denton

What the fuck is with the overuse of the word "atrocious"? Is that some kind of new fun GAF word that must be used in order to look cool?

What exactly is "atrocious" here?
What here is shockingly abominable / tasteless?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
To me it looked like he hit the horse and the guy just fell off.

Nope.

2015-04-2217_43_03-zpunf.png

cackhyena

the vegetation and trees blowing in the wind look really bad
the horse tail animation is laughable
the game seems to be another one of those, open world and linear mission types
the combat doesnt look satisfying either

:/
There was that one video a while back that had the trees flailing like they were at a rave and it was hilarious as shit. The shadows on the ground were just going nuts. The people of these lands have it rough. No respite even from the wind.

KorrZ

Few things i don't like.

* Wind sound is too overdone, it's like you're on the beach and you hear the waves

* dialogue is atrocious

* combat seems a bit wonky

* So he hit this guy with the sword, blood everywhere yet in the cutscene he's completely fine? if you do that slo-mo attack on horseback to a "normal" enemy you can cut him in half but since this is an "important" NPC he's fine afterwards? ....meh

That's pretty nitpicky. You might as well just say "It's a videogame!!!"

What the fuck is with the overuse of the word "atrocious"? Is that some kind of new fun GAF word that must be used in order to look cool?

What exactly is "atrocious" here?
What here is shockingly abominable / tasteless?

Hyperbole is the only way to get your point across on the internet.

I watched the video.

It gets even farther during combat.I understand the need to have everything visible but that's just ridiculous.

Look how tiny Geralt and the drowner look in that fight.Am I playing League of Legends or a visceral action game ?

This a disappointing aspect of the game to be quite honest.

gQeUxnc.png

The camera is adjustable, and that sort of distance is really appreciated when you are fighting multiple enemies.

HeelPower

I think the devs said you can adjust the camera.

I hope to god.This camera is really disappointing right now.

League of Legends? lol, never change GAF.

In terms of how far the camera is during fights ? Yeah its pretty damn close.

They created all these amazing details on monsters and well probably never get to see any of it because of how freaking far and above you the camera is.

gQeUxnc.png

Kyoufu

People keep pointing to 60fps. Didn't the developer come out and say it was 30fps on all 3?

30 fps on consoles, whatever fps your PC configuration can handle. The video is footage of the PC version running at 60 fps, because console versions run at 30.

Genio88

Interesting, so far i've only read great comments on gaf about this game and how it'll be the game of the year, but now after this video i'm reading lots of disappointed comments.
For me the game is still great, and i can't wait to play it, but the GOTY this year is MGSV guys

Genio88

Because that means it's PC version uploaded to the Xbox channel. Not native XBO footage.

Windows PC means Microsoft, Microsoft means Xbox so we can't blame them, joking aside that's what companies always do, i mean during Microsoft or Sony E3 conferences where do you think are running the demos they show?

Gumbie

Yeah I have a huge problem with this...they really shouldn't do this. This is fraudulent. I can easily see this deceiving a young viewer/gamer.

I agree with you, it's a pretty dirty tactic. It's one thing to be showing the PC version with all the graphical bells and whistles but still running at 30fps. Showing an entirely different frame rate than what the end product is...that's just wrong.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Windows PC means Microsoft, Microsoft means Xbox so we can't blame them, joking aside that's what companies always do, i mean during Microsoft or Sony E3 conferences where do you think are running the demos they show?

I mean. I don't care that they are doing it at all. Just clarifying that we aren't looking at XBO footage..

I hope to god.This camera is really disappointing right now.

In terms of how far the camera is during fights ? Yeah its pretty damn close.

They created all these amazing details on monsters and well probably never get to see any of it because of how freaking far and above you the camera is.

gQeUxnc.png

I like how you are comparing the most zoomed out TW3 gets with a zoomed-in screenshot of League of Legends.

Way to illustrate your point.

Chaos17

I liked the fact that you could continue the quest or just ask for gold then leave. The fight seems more fluid than before and I like that.

I like Geralt voice actor, it fits the stoic character.
That's why I could never accept him to go around and "bang" with any women he can.
That's just doesn't fit, imo.

I will play it but not day 1 because I want to play the others games first if I can manage to get hand of the combat system.

but since this is an "important" NPC he's fine afterwards? ....meh
The lack of blood or sign of injury is only an overlooked details, for a side quest character.

Out of genuine interest, are there actually other open world RPGs with optional random NPCs that look better than this?

Nope, these are probably the best.

It's just one of those things where the animation betrays the quality of the models.

Edit: The animations for the most part in TW3 are pretty serviceable, disappointing even.

The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt |OT| ... even racism!

The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt |OT| I'll give you what you deserve

The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt |OT| Discarded fetus on the prowl

Footage looks fantastic, as always. And after they cleared up the whole loot scaling thing I'm officially ready to go. Seeing console PS4 footage before the game is out would be nice though.

The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt |OT| ... even racism!

The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt |OT| I'll give you what you deserve

The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt |OT| Discarded fetus on the prowl

Footage looks fantastic, as always. And after they cleared up the whole loot scaling thing I'm officially ready to go. Seeing console PS4 footage before the game is out would be nice though.

What was the elaboration on the loot scaling? I missed it.

Skelter

Banned
This is gonna be the sickest game of the year.

Kinda funny how 2011 was Witcher 2 vs Dark Souls for me and 2015 is gonna be Witcher 3 vs Bloodborne. Who cares what's better, most likely we'll have 2 incredible games very close to each other, don't know how the fall can stack up in comparison.

Didn't make sense to me then. Doesn't make sense to me now. Both games are very different from each other.

golem

Out of genuine interest, are there actually other open world RPGs with optional random NPCs that look better than this?

Probably not, but just because it is open world doesnt mean we have to gush at (non-important) character models that have been clearly surpassed.

Probably not, but just because it is open world doesnt mean we have to gush at (non-important) character models that have been clearly surpassed.
But people are looking at it reasonably. For an open world game, the NPC models look fantastic, especially when there are almost 1,000 NPCs as detailed as this in the game. It's unreasonable to compare them with other games of smaller scale but have better looking NPCs.

Concept17

Game looks great. Whoever is in charge of the wind slider needs to turn that shit down, it takes a lot of wind to get trees to move like that.

Facial animations look like the animators were afraid of exaggerating mouth movements so now everyone looks like they're constipated when they talk.

Gameplay looks nice and easy which is whatever. I'm not expecting anything challenging after digging into Bloodborne.

golem

But people are looking at it reasonably. For an open world game, the NPC models look fantastic, especially when there are almost 1,000 NPCs as detailed as this in the game. It's unreasonable to compare them with other games of smaller scale but have better looking NPCs.

It's also unreasonable to call them amazing, as the person i was responding to did.

Top Bottom