• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Direct - 2013.8.9 - 07:00 PDT / 16:00 CEST / 23:00 JST

zroid

Banned
bCfYsNk.png

As announced on the 8/7 Direct, this is a simultaneous worldwide Nintendo Direct

t1376056800z4.png

Watch the...

...Japanese TW101 Direct here
...European TW101 Direct (UK) here
...North American TW101 Direct here

Teaser from the P* blog said:
There will be a Nintendo Direct dedicated solely to The Wonderful 101 at 7:00 AM Pacific in Northern America, 4:00 PM CEST in Europe (3PM BST) on August 9th and 12:00 AM AEDT in Australia on August 10th!

This episode will be hosted by a special guest you all know and love, who will show you the latest trailer and tell you how to play the game…

DIRECTLY!

After the Nintendo Direct is over though, don’t turn off the Internet just yet, because we’ll have a little something extra to announce shortly after!

02_020kpk4.png

Official NoA site: http://www.thewonderful101.nintendo.com/
Official NCL site: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/acmj/index.html

Platinum Games' official blog: http://platinumgames.com/blog/

When can I play this thing?
EU August 23, 2013
JP August 24, 2013
AU August 24, 2013
NA September 15, 2013

Wanna "Wonder-Eyes" your avatar?
wondereyessmmauql.png

UNITE UP!

---

aand we're done here

YOUTUBE LINKS

Full Direct: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyKR-myMjZU (20m)

Trailer only: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNefE89DZds (7m) <-- SPOILER WARNING!

A demo for the game will be going live on the Wii U eShop today (may be up already when you read this)
***update: looks like NA is not getting the demo yet, probably because of the delayed release. Yurop and Japan can play the demo today.
****update2: Iwata has confirmed NA will be getting the demo TODAY, after all! REJOICE

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Subscribed

some 101 with my breakfast tomorrow I guess

excited!

Neiteio

Is there a high-res version of that art with just the seven main heroes?

Also, do we know what the black kid does?

Spinluck

What to expect: Cool Wonderful 101 info and stuff/launch trailer/MP info/online?

What not to expect: Wonder Red in Smash, would it be nice? Yes. But don't expect it.

What should not even be on your mind: Other games besides W101, might as well not even watch this Direct if you want info on other games lol.

I am following these steps tonight. Game looks fun.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
oh man forgot that its Thursday already, that means direct right when i wake up, oh man, so hyped

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Hm, let's see how this Direct goes. I was surprised when they announced this Direct at yesterday's direct, but it's good they're finally having it.

TDLink

Is there a high-res version of that art with just the seven main heroes?

They haven't officially revealed Wonder Yellow, White, or Black yet. So we aren't entirely sure on those 3. (Though Yellow at least seems sort of obvious)

Since it shows him playing on what looks like a 3ds, I'm guessing he has telekinesis powers. That might not make sense at first, but he plays on a handheld, because he doesnt need a weapon, since he has...yah, already mentioned it.

That, or he is a gadget guy. I'm not sure how that would work.

Neiteio

Since it shows him playing on what looks like a 3ds, I'm guessing he has telekinesis powers. That might not make sense at first, but he plays on a handheld, because he doesnt need a weapon, since he has...yah, already mentioned it.

That, or he is a gadget guy. I'm not sure how that would work.
How do you picture people uniting into his... uh, telekinesis powers?

Maybe he plant bombs made up of the other heroes. He remotely detonates them and they scatter all over the place.

SUPER CRAZY.

javac

Going to be out all day tomorrow guys :( Going to come home very late but I hope to snuggle in bed and watch this when I get back :)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm going to miss the airing and won't be back until the afternoon because I'm attending 2 graduations.
I wonder what the end surprise is; the hype train cannot stop.

javac

I want funny Kamiya X Iwata antics. Iwata with the Mask on. 100 Iwata's photoshoped into the background pledging allegiance to Reggie.

They haven't officially revealed Wonder Yellow, White, or Black yet. So we aren't entirely sure on those 3. (Though Yellow at least seems sort of obvious)

white morphs into bear like claws(im pretty sure, at least one claw), and has a karate persona.

zroid

Banned
I missed this teaser from the P* blog:

There will be a Nintendo Direct dedicated solely to The Wonderful 101 at 7:00 AM Pacific in Northern America, 4:00 PM CEST in Europe (3PM BST) on August 9th and 12:00 AM AEDT in Australia on August 10th!

This episode will be hosted by a special guest you all know and love, who will show you the latest trailer and tell you how to play the game&#8230;

DIRECTLY!

Make sure to watch it all the way through, because there might just be an exciting new announcement at the end!

hype reaching critical mass!

Platinum games has made some of my favorite games of all time, and are one of the few developers around who approach from a game mechanics first perspective.

I cant buy day 1, but as soon as I pick up a Wii U I'll play this as soon as possible. Gonna watch and savor that these pros are back at what they do best: inventive, skill based action gameplay.

on a site i cant link they are teasing a suprise special announcement for the direct, Hype wonderized :)

im guessing either a demo for th egame goes live after the direct or wonder red in smash bros.

Top Bottom