• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Direct - 2013.8.9 - 07:00 PDT / 16:00 CEST / 23:00 JST

zroid

Banned
Would someone with shopping skills wonder eyes Luigi?

Thanks!

quick & dirty, but hopefully it gets the job done

brainiac9eoge.png

Kinsei

Banned
If someone would be so kind as to wonder-eyes my poogie I'd be ever so grateful. I tried to do it myself but the results were not pretty.

maybe the announcement is the sales promo im hoping for.

You mean something like the FE:A + SMTIV promotion? That would be great.

TDLink

white morphs into bear like claws(im pretty sure, at least one claw), and has a karate persona.

Is there any actual evidence of this apart from his official art which shows him wearing claws?

Even then, I still am not sure how a Unite Claws would work and be different from Unite Fist and Hammer. Just faster? There has to be something more to it, especially utility wise...

Mariolee

This game has gone from zero to hero since the beginning of this year, no pun intended. Quite excited for this Direct. I also miscalculated, I thought I would get the Direct at 5:00 AM but its actually 9:00 AM!

Hypron

and nintendo can give them that independence once platinum's working for nintendo.

They'll still be restricted to work on a single platform (well, 2 of them really), with an entity above them having a say in everything they do. That's not really independence, regardless of how nice Nintendo is.

Pikma

Banned
They'll still be restricted to work on a single platform (well, 2 of them really), with an entity above them having a say in everything they do. That's not really independence, regardless of how nice Nintendo is.
Who knows, maybe you don't get to know the real meaning of independence until you get to work with Ninty as 1st party.

AniHawk

Who knows, maybe you don't get to know the real meaning of independence until you get to work with Ninty as 1st party.

pretty much this. they'll have access to star fox, f-zero, star tropics, and a number of other old franchises they can choose to work on.

Dang0

Figured I better post this here, for those who missed it.

The special announcement will be made after the Nintendo Direct, not during it. They updated the blog post as well.

Q5HObG1.png

So the announcement won't be in the direct, it'll be right after. This may mean that its not specific to nintendo, maybe an unannounced next gen game?

AniHawk

So the announcement won't be in the direct, it'll be right after. This may mean that its not specific to nintendo, maybe an unannounced next gen game?

i wonder if they're splitting off from nintendo and going third-party.

nintendo never needed them anyway.

Rvaisse

We've been waiting for this one ^^
New gameplay, Wonder iwata, announcement, Kamiya-san ... surprises..
If you wanna know what the surprise is :
Ask your mom !

Zis is gonna be gud !

disco

Reminds me of capitalism.

Figured I better post this here, for those who missed it.

Looks like they changed their blog post a little bit after this

After the Nintendo Direct is over though, don’t turn off the Internet just yet, because we’ll have a little something extra to announce shortly after!

http://platinumgames.com/2013/08/09/w101-blog-ep-11-go-the-people-need-saving/

Riki

It's still likely Nintendo related if they're teasing and announcing it right after a Nintendo Direct.

Top Bottom