• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Direct - 2013.8.9 - 07:00 PDT / 16:00 CEST / 23:00 JST

DrZeus

Was getting a Wii U anyway, but this might have sped up my purchase
...a pricedrop would speed it up even more
o_O

chadboban

A good day...

A great day...

lf3GiSl.png

sh6FcxH.png

JoeFenix

Everyone finally seems to have clicked with this game, this Nintendo Direct was the perfect way to get people on board. Explain the mechanics in depth and then blast us in the face with this crazy trailer.

Really happy to see the game finally getting some love, demo will be done dl'ing in 20 mins. Today is a good day!

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
It was a nice direct =). I look forward to the game, although I'm still not sure whether I'll buy it immediately (I have too much stuff to play/buy anyhow). We'll see though.

Nice to see that the Direct helped boost its best sellers' ranking on Amazon. It's already dropped back down to #260 though unfortunately.

Unbounded

I was pretty much in the "day one I'm getting this and a Wii U" camp, but seeing
Multi Unite-morphs
made me have to get another pair of pants.

thefro

Nice to see that the Direct helped boost its best sellers' ranking on Amazon. It's already dropped back down to #260 though unfortunately.

I think they're set up pretty well for the long term now, assuming the marketing campaign isn't actively bad and the review scores are good. It'll take a while for the ripple effect from the direct and demo to kick in.

I think you'll also see fairly long legs for this game (again, assuming the scores aren't unexpectedly bad) as the Wii U userbase grows.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Awesome to finally see some buzz for this game outside of Nintendo-GAF. Here's hoping that Nintendo doesn't waste this opportunity and continues to market this game. Obviously, it's uniqueness and high quality are winning people over; let's see even more marketing, Nintendo!

Just played the demo...

If you haven't played it yet, do so as soon as possible.

If you don't have a Wii U, get one as soon as possible.

That is all.

DigitalOp

Banned
∀ Narayan;75596107 said:
HOLY CHRIST ON A CRACKER. That got me ultra-pumped for this game.

aint that right...

Thats how you do a hype reel. Wow...

This game just shat on me with depth. I would have never ever fathomed how much gameplay is in this game...

True hype.

Raitaro

Sorry for the late reaction to the Nintendo Direct itself, but man, this is one of the most awesome things to come out of Nintendo in a while. Even though Platinum / Kamiya are the ones using parody so effectively, kudos to the Big N and Iwata for greenlighting such referential humor in an official press video. I mean, what other company would allow for such a thing?

The game itself looks very cool as well. So colorful and cartoony, it's like the 16-bit days all over again but in a modern package!

RPGamer92

Banned
Very excited to see W101 pre-order increase on Amazon. Hopefully it's a good sign the game will do better than currently expected :D

Top Bottom