• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Direct - 2013.8.9 - 07:00 PDT / 16:00 CEST / 23:00 JST

Let's just all enjoy this for a little bit.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477028
I'm dying of laughter.

Well Nintendo has cemented yet another generation appealing to the 4-14 crowd, casuals and the fanboys who used to love them when they were 4-14 - despite once again claiming to want to grow a more mature audience.

I hope this shit is a joke.

Yawn.

Platinum Games probably only has their D team working on this. :lol

Sorry, hard to get excited when there's Metal Gear Rising, Anarchy Reigns and whatever Kamiya is working on involved.

Its awful holy shit. You get Platinum Games and make them do this?

Never gonna happen. That Ubisoft don't even have enough confidence in the original game to port it to 360/PS3/PC speaks volumes. Rayman Legends looks like the real deal, though. Also out in September. :-/

What the press didn't tell you about that game was that it had a game-breaking bug that wasn't fixed for four months (that was half the time that the game had been available) - You can be sure that Guillemot didn't mention that in his grumble. That gets around quickly. Further still, the sale - user base ratio is actually quite impressive. Rayman Legends is on my list, but now, it'll have to wait in line.

Llyranor

Oh wow, that was amazing.

Also, DID I JUST SEE MULTIPLE UNITE MORPHS AT THE SAME TIME?????? MIND &*&@$^&*#&^*^* BLOWN

I must say this was all quite amazing, but I still want my Wonder Red in Smash.

It'd be great to see W101 in Smash, but I'd be hoping more for the team to be there, so each attack would be a different Unite Morph.

Realistically it doesn't have anywhere near that type of sales potential, it's a fairly demanding action game and that market is more limited. I was just going into hype hyperdrive hyperbole edition mode!

It does have alot of appeal though and this Nintendo Direct was a good marketing move. I feel like people never really understood what the game was but this was a very informative show. I'm just so excited right now, Kamiya always delivers!

More limited than a fantasy-rpg with a main story that revolves around dragons and features magic? I know Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones have helped make this type of content more mainstream these days, but Skyrim is still an rpg, whereas this is a colorful, fast paced action game which could appeal very easily to children, as well as appealing to hardcore gamers and adults. With the right advertising I really do feel this game could be massive. Pixar movies are huge, why can't a game like this be the same?

Codeblue

Loved the Direct parody.

Definitely sold on the game, and put in my pre-order with Amazon. I'm gonna try to resist downloading the demo.

Kouriozan

Now that the Direct is over.

ICViNTI.png

What are you waiting for!

Jintor

I don't have any fucking clue how multiple Unite attacks at the same time are going to work in one combo but DAMNED if I'm not excited to find out

I don't have any fucking clue how multiple Unite attacks at the same time are going to work in one combo but DAMNED if I'm not excited to find out

They'll probably assign each Unite attack to a face button and the left shoulder (the direct did say five at one time right?). It should play like Mark of the Kri if they do it like that which was an awesome battle system.

Too bad that Sony let that franchise lapse :(

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

What's interesting is that you can use the same Unite Morph multiple times in the same combo

Which I guess is why those NPC members of the 100 have different power icons associated with them.

I'm just curious how you program the inputs. or if they do a set action when summoned.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Remember that poster that said this and Bayonetta 2 would be rushed shit or something like that???

His head exploded today.

It's rare moments like this when we can see the unbridled, kneejerk negativity of the cynical geek laid bare.

Though the kids on Miiverse are picking up the slack right now in W101 comments. (Looks stupid, is teh kiddy, Nintendo should make mature gritty games instead, etc)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I just came ten times! This game is now pre-ordered!!! Gaaaargh

Alrus

Multiple unite abilities at once really opens up a ton of combo possibilities, this game is going to be fun incarnate.

Def buying a Wii U when it releases.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Playing the demo right now. Funnier, harder, and less gimmicky than I thought.

Regiruler

The aspect of W101 having far more content than we thought reminds me of Kid Icarus Uprising in particular.

That's a good thing because Uprising is my favorite game of all time. Can 101 possibly dethrone it?
Pretty sure I heard a while back that there will be an Official Guide for The Wonderful 101!?

I saw an entry for the guide while I was browsing the Gamestop website. Wouldn't surprise me if it did get one.

Coconut

Banned
I enjoyed myself when I played this game last year at one of those WiiU pre launch events when it looked like pikmin with som beat'um up mechanics now that they have a more fleshed out system for 101 I'm really juiced.

So where was the special announcement thing platinum was teasing?

Also, what's up with Kamiya's obsession with drawing circles?

Well damn. Now I actually want a wiiu. Before, being frugal didn't hurt.

Hmm pikmin, zombi-u, w101, nsmbu+slu, lego city undercover, nintendoland,donkey kong, sonic, eventually bayonetta and smash, plus the multiplat games I haven't bought since my 360 died.... Yeah I'm gonna have to trim that list down or find some things used/on clearance.

Top Bottom