• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 love thread

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Each of the characters and what their powers are would be a good section, perhaps underneath a gameplay section to help inform people what the game is exactly.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
http://thewonderful101.nintendo.com/

Also the teaser site has gone live

The teaser site has what seems like a new trailer cut together with extended footage from earlier trailers. The game just looks like pure brilliance.

As if five-player co-op wasn't great enough, now there is a battle mode? This is going to be the best non-Monster Hunter game released this year (because very little can beat Monster Hunter).

I'm playing through Bayonetta for the first time right now and my mind is kind of being blown. I'm also huge fan of Viewtiful Joe - it was my game of the year when it released on GameCube (even over Wind Waker!). I don't know how you could play either of those games (not to mention Okami and others) and not be excited like a school child over W101.

Woohoo!

Shauni

I'm playing through Bayonetta for the first time right now and my mind is kind of being blown. I'm also huge fan of Viewtiful Joe - it was my game of the year when it released on GameCube (even over Wind Waker!). I don't know how you could play either of those games (not to mention Okami and others) and not be excited like a school child over W101.

Woohoo!

Aw, yes, that first time through. It's an amazing experience.

mrmickfran

http://thewonderful101.nintendo.com/

Also the teaser site has gone live

It's teen rated?

Not that I really care, I was just thinking that with colorful and vibrant art style it would get an E10.

But then again...

hadtodoitc1letcyueu.gif

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Work on the thread has started. Any suggestion for sections? I currently have release info, reviews, and screenshots.

Controls. Im sure there's a screencap from one of the recent demos.

Core Mechanics explanations too. Maybe define some of the proper nouns used in the comic con demo.

Hopefully we'll have names of all 6 cover heroes before release so you can do character bios.

Omg that trailer is amazing..the end with his face mask is truly hype worthy. The music is also sounding much better that I hear more. I have a feeling that this is gonna be on some gurren lagaan type shit

zroid

Banned
Omg that trailer is amazing..the end with his face mask is truly hype worthy. The music is also sounding much better that I hear more. I have a feeling that this is gonna be on some gurren lagaan type shit

This is more or less what I've had in my head since day 1, lol

I'm probably being overly optimistic, but yeah, the way we've always been seeing urban footage so far makes me imagine that things are just going escalate insanely as the game progresses.

HoJu

anyone post the new trailer on youtube yet?
it's running like ass for me.

also I hope this game has some game-changing item like the moon pearl thing from Bayonetta. someone ask Kamiya.

NateDrake

anyone post the new trailer on youtube yet?
it's running like ass for me.

also I hope this game has some game-changing item like the moon pearl thing from Bayonetta. someone ask Kamiya.

I'll upload it if someone tells me how to get the file off the website.

L Thammy

Work on the thread has started. Any suggestion for sections? I currently have release info, reviews, and screenshots.

This is a beat-em-up game. People will want to know all the ways they can beat stuff up. Characters, weapons, and attacks fit into that.

A "Is this Pikmin 4?" might be a good idea, honestly. Explain how the hero team works and how it doesn't work.

This is a beat-em-up game. People will want to know all the ways they can beat stuff up. Characters, weapons, and attacks fit into that.

A "Is this Pikmin 4?" might be a good idea, honestly. Explain how the hero team works and how it doesn't work.

Wait what? I've seen all the videos, read all the impressions, and played the demo at E3 and Comic-con, but i still don't get it.

Is this Pikmin 3 DLC or something?

The "Wonzaful!" makes me think it might be German.

Doesn't Wonder Green already have a German accent? I think Pink is Russian which is a shame because Wonder Yellow (hammer guy) is probably Russian also as seen by his hat. It would be cool to see more countries.

Edit: Could Wonder Yellow be the father of Pink? Perhaps Yellow knew Red's father?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Day 0. DAY FUCKING ZERO. Words can't describe how much I love Platinum. Day 0 for everything Platinum.
i4DdE7vdZM0ct.gif

popyea

Doesn't Wonder Green already have a German accent? I think Pink is Russian which is a shame because Wonder Yellow (hammer guy) is probably Russian also as seen by his hat. It would be cool to see more countries.

Edit: Could Wonder Yellow be the father of Pink? Perhaps Yellow knew Red's father?

Green is French. I really love Pink's voice for some reason (not normally a fan of high pitched voices), though I was kind of expecting her to have an English accent because of the Bayo connection.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Did anybody see the category listed for the game? "Mass Hero Action" Wonderful 101, the game that requires a new genre name.

I think every Platinum game has a made up genre description.(Bayo was "Non-Stop Climax Action" Anarchy was "Multiplayer Online Brawler")

and I think that's something they inherited from Capcom, who was exceptionally good at that. People think Stylish Action Game and Survival Horror are real fucking genres nowadays.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Choice quotes from the P-100 announcement thread last year.

:p

Not sure ShockingAlberto was ever considering it but I'm against this personally.

Not a fan of any "SUCK IT HATERS" sections in any OT. Seems so childish

Let's just get excited about the game.

zroid

Banned
Wasn't the genre originally listed as "unite action"?

Actually the PR posted in the OP of the announcement thread in fact says "Mass-Hero Action". It also says "launch" and "1 player" but I digress... >.>

Not sure ShockingAlberto was ever considering it but I'm against this personally.

Not a fan of any "SUCK IT HATERS" sections in any OT. Seems so childish

Let's just get excited about the game.

Yeah that was a joke, lol

Thought the ":p" made it obvious
:p

wsippel

Banned
Outside of saying 'adieu', there's nothing French about Green to me. He sounds German. His bag is full of candy and he's wearing lederhosen, like some sort of Hansel stereotype.
Didn't realize candy was German stereotype. Would have guessed Belgian or Swiss.

I just watched that 7 minute gameplay video or whatever. I can't find the GIF (if you know which one it is, post it because I need to save it) of where that guy leans back in his chair, puts his fist to his mouth, and smiles after seeing something on what looks like a computer screen, but that's my exact reaction.

wsippel

Banned
I don't believe it is.

However Hansel from Hansel and Gretel was German, fat, and loved candy.
Not sure what Hänsel and Gretel has to do with anything here. Everybody loves candy, but both Switzerland and Belgium are famous for candy, have lederhosen as parts of their traditional outfits, and both German and French is spoken in both countries.

Holy crap I just realised it's one month until release here in Japan. ONE MONTH.

Fucking hyped man. Still can't preorder it at Geo, but as soon as I can, I will (maybe when I go pick up Lego on Thursday).

It probably means the official site for JP will be up this week, or I hope so, and then maybe the ND in 2 weeks time. Bring it on!!!!

Top Bottom