• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 love thread

Impossiburu

Neo Member
Nice. Platinum announced that they'll have both English and Japanese voice tracks open to the player's choosing.

http://platinumgames.com/2013/07/31/w101-blog-ep-4-im-wonder-red-the-leader/

We’ve actually gone and included both the Japanese and English voice track in the game so that players can choose the one they prefer. How’s that for service, eh?

And that’s not all! We also included Japanese subtitles for when you choose English audio! So if you set the game to English audio + Japanese subtitles, you’ll not only see the English text in the speech bubble, but you’ll also get Japanese subtitles displayed vertically at the top right of the screen. Why? Because we love you!

zroid

Banned
I'm even more impressed that they've kept dual audio AND dual subtitles in the Japanese release. It's honestly about time more homegrown Japanese games start getting multiple language options in their own country.

Frodo

Can someone make my avatar wonderful? Make it look good, I don't wanna ruin mah pretty face.

1Pgmbck.png
aFP4A73.png

Would someone mind making my Pukuripo avatar wonderful plesae? :)

A4hnv5D.jpg
Dfj2a4i.jpg

Attempted.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This game is almost out.

monome

would someone kindly wonderize my avatar?

40€ on amazon.fr by the way. kinda feel bad at the low price but might buy a pro controller for MP.

monome

I just realized this comes out the same week as GTA 5...

I am sad for TW101.

the game has some potential to be evergreen.

not a Mario or Kawashima's level of evergreen, but Nintendo is pricing it aggressively, its presentation is family oriented, and it will be available on eshop when shops stop stocking it (and it's not like shops have a lot of games to put in the WiiU section, so sotcks management may not be a problem for some time if the game has relatively healthy sales and good word of mouth).

hwy_61

Banned
the game has some potential to be evergreen.

not a Mario or Kawashima's level of evergreen, but Nintendo is pricing it aggressively, its presentation is family oriented, and it will be available on eshop when shops stop stocking it (and it's not like shops have a lot of games to put in the WiiU section, so sotcks management may not be a problem for some time if the game has relatively healthy sales and good word of mouth).

Isn't it $59.99?

monome

Isn't it $59.99?

new 49.99€ in Euroland.

already 40€ on amazon.fr

60$ price point for the US?

anyways, birdy told me long ago TW101 would be treated as a second tier release when I was harassing it about potential console+game pack-ins or special editions.

Birdy was sadly right on the money, yet I don't blame Nintendo.

they chose to support the game development rather than play the AAA game (marketing costs = dev costs).

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
This game is almost out.
And the daily PlatinumGames blog updates make it look like more and more awesome. Can't wait to play this, it's going to be a niiiiice week-end of playing this. Gotta stock up on food so I don't have to go out lol.

hwy_61

Banned
new 49.99€ in Euroland.

already 40€ on amazon.fr

anyways, birdy told me long ago TW101 would be treated as a second tier release when I was harassing it about potential console+game pack-ins or special editions.

they chose to support the game development rather than play the AAA game (marketing costs = dev costs).

$59.99 in the US. I don't feel like it needs to be priced as middleware, its the release date that will screw it over. GTA is a name known around the globe, and its presence will overshadow the shit out of TW101.

I'm still getting both, though :)

monome

$59.99 in the US. I don't feel like it needs to be priced as middleware, its the release date that will screw it over. GTA is a name known around the globe, and its presence will overshadow the shit out of TW101.

well, anyways TW101 is an exclusive WiiU game, I can safely say that US WiiU owners even though they own a PS3 or 360 will probably consider its purchase if only to justify owning a WiiU.

curious to see if the difficulty/accessibility of the game will make or break its sales.
As a Kamiya game it is bound to be deep and replayable, but as the vast majority of the mass audience won't get a second playthrough I wonder if PG opted for hardcore niche or tried to make it relatively balanced for a mixed popultation of gamers (aka few people ever finished Viewtiful Joe vs Bayonetta "easy auto-play mode")

thefro

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Depending on how hype you are Eats I may be forced to buy a Wii Unit

Had you asked on NYE what my top picks for 2013 would be, my mind would immediately go towards The Wonderful 101. It's more or less been "the" game, or at least one of very few games, that I've long since committed a day one purchase and play to, knowing I don't need to see another trailer, read another interview, or hear another feature to ensure I'm 100% committed.

I'm pretty hype.

RE2 was Kamiya? Mind blown...

It was the first game he worked on as "director", after working with Mikami on the first Resident Evil.

guggnichso

Banned
new 49.99€ in Euroland.

already 40€ on amazon.fr

You're aware that 49,99 Euros are worth 66 US Dollars, right? So you guys get it already cheaper.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Nintendo should start talking directly about this one, probably as soon as seventhly possible.

I would love to wonder-eyes my avatar but Jack is already platinumed, when is Iwata going to do that wonderful101 direct already, in 28 of August this game would be out in PAL regions... I already pre-ordered. After I finish Pikmin trilogy(already finished 1 and started 2) this game will rock my socks off.

batbeg

I would love to wonder-eyes my avatar but Jack is already platinumed, when is Iwata going to do that wonderful101 direct already, in 28 of August this game would be out in PAL regions... I already pre-ordered. After I finish Pikmin trilogy(already finished 1 and started 2) this game will rock my socks off.

Call me crazy but I just got this sudden feeling around the seventh.

Amalthea

Banned
I don't believe it is.

However Hansel from Hansel and Gretel was German, fat, and loved candy.

Hansel only became fat when the witch put him in a cage and fed him. Before he must've been pretty thin. Otherwise the trick with the chicken bones wouldn't have worked.

While this is certainly the reality of the situation I think that anyone who has shelled out for a Wii U will be looking for a cool new game to play at almost any time. I'd imagine younger kids still get the new Nintendo consoles occasionally so hopefully the game will appeal to them too.

Top Bottom