• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Trailer (Director's Edition)

jmls1121

Banned
Did you actually play The Last of Us?

Anyways I'm buying a Wii U for this. The trailer looks amazing!

Watched around 80% of it with my roommate. I appreciate it for what it is, and if other people like those type of experiences, more power to them.

Now back to dat 60fps trailer.

Buggy Loop

Peoples bringing TLOU in this thread should be banned. This is a thread for wonderful 101.

In topic, i really want a WiiU now but, i need a price drop :(

Rvaisse

Trailer is Epic,
So much going on in this game.. It's usual with Platinum but .. What? 5 unite-weapons at the same time?
The story seems pretty consistent too.

Yasadril

Just noticed the dialogue change in the JP and ENG trailers. Wonderize Pink and Green dialogue especially. She whips him because he jokes about breast sizes or something.

well both version still has the same meaning but the english one uses a cleaner vocabulary. if you compare the two versions you'll see that the english cut the ass shots of pink

well both version still has the same meaning but the english one uses a cleaner vocabulary. if you compare the two versions you'll see that the english cut the ass shots of pink

I wonder if it will be like that in the US version of the game as well -- or if it's just for the trailer.

Neiteio

*links that miss the point*
I didn't experience these apparent glitches. TLoU is amazing and the near-universal 10/10s are well-deserved. It's one of the reasons (along with TW101, Rayman Legends, BioShock Infinite, Metal Gear Rising, Fire Emblem Awakening, etc) this year is so great. :)

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I was already hyped for this game. The Nintendo Direct and the new trailer made my hype go through the roof, game of the forever right there.

Downloading the demo right fucking now.

Pallad1um

Amazing trailer. Definitely a Platinum game in how it looks and seems to play, it also looks incredibly fun. It really seems a must buy for WiiU owners, and I surely hope to play it on the future.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't experience these apparent glitches. TLoU is amazing and the near-universal 10/10s are well-deserved. It's one of the reasons (along with TW101, Rayman Legends, BioShock Infinite, Metal Gear Rising, Fire Emblem Awakening, etc) this year is so great. :)

GO

AWAY

christ

Fuck GTA V, THIS is my most-wanted game of September.

The characters all have that "Plastic toy" look, the gameplay looks superb...

Anyone who looks at this game and Pikmin 3 and still claims the Wii U is not a next-gen console needs glasses.

Peoples bringing TLOU in this thread should be banned. This is a thread for wonderful 101.

In topic, i really want a WiiU now but, i need a price drop :(

Agree totally on both points.

I've owned a Wii U since day one and it's going to make a fantastic partner with either the Xbox One or PlayStation 4, but I can understand why the price is offputting.

iP2AXEVYxoZqD.gif

If you watch someone play it you can get a good idea of what to expect. It's not anything hectic like say bayonetta.

You now what is better? Playing the game. Is like saying that I'm a good fighting game player because I watch a lot of fighting streams channels (rather than play).

Erethian

I wonder if it will be like that in the US version of the game as well -- or if it's just for the trailer.

Probably not, since they had that sequence with Pink in earlier english trailers. Also don't forget that the game will have both english and japanese vocal tracks with the option to play with subtitles.

Jonboy

Lol. I know people get too emotional over this. I shouldn't have brought it up. I apologize.

Wonderul 101 looks like a great game. The Last of Us is a great game.

MisterHero

My God. It's like a season's worth of Power Rangers shows but from Platinum and Nintendo.

The character designs and voice acting are terrific. :)

CrisKre

You now what is better? Playing the game. Is like saying that I'm a good fighting game player because I watch a lot of fighting streams channels (rather than play).
I completely agree. Playing a game is always better. Let's not derail the thread further.

Neiteio

GO

AWAY

christ
I was saying they're all good games, in response to someone shitting on one game in particular. Relax.

TW101 looks phenomenal. If it's true that we've hardly seen anything, even with this loaded trailer, I suspect we're in for the Kamiya hat trick of "the game's over... now here's the sequel and threeqel in the same game!" See also: Okami, Bayonetta, etc.

Wow.. the trailer was amazing. But I had to cut it out half way, already spoiled too much for me!
Apparently we've barely seen anything, as reported by reviewers who have played the game in full. :)

I think that is the longest trailer I've seen where I had absolutely no idea what was going on. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.

Indeed.

It is truly a great year to be a gamer! New consoles launching, year of 3DS, some potentially great mutiplats launching later this year (Dogs, ACIV, GTAV, R: Legends, Arkham Origins, BF4, Ghosts), and the WiiU (Lost World, W101, Tropical Freeze, U party, 3DLandU) PS3 (Beyond, Puppeteer, GT6) and even Vita (Tearaway, Killzone) have some great looking exclusives still left for 2013.

I say we all unite as gamers and start enjoying the wonderfulness coming our ways!

Top Bottom