• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Trailer (Director's Edition)

Neiteio

I think that is the longest trailer I've seen where I had absolutely no idea what was going on. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.
If you mean in regards to the story, you're not supposed to be clear on that aspect -- they're just showing us various dramatic beats out of context to give us a taste for the twists and turns. You're not supposed to understand how they all thread together. :)

I think the trailer does a great job of showcasing the scale of the adventure. The most refreshing revelation is the breadth of environments, which clearly go well beyond Blossom City. Also the sheer variety of enemies and set-pieces, and of creative sequences involving the GamePad's second screen. A very dense trailer for what will hopefully be a very dense game.

Neiteio

Indeed.

It is truly a great year to be a gamer! New consoles launching, year of 3DS, some potentially great mutiplats launching later this year (Dogs, ACIV, GTAV, R: Legends, Arkham Origins, BF4, Ghosts), and the WiiU (Lost World, W101, Tropical Freeze, U party, 3DLandU) PS3 (Beyond, Puppeteer, GT6) and even Vita (Tearaway, Killzone) have some great looking exclusives still left for 2013.

I say we all unite as gamers and start enjoying the wonderfulness coming our ways!
This guy gets it. No need to tear down a fantastic game like TLoU. It's just one of the many reasons 2013 is so great. I don't hesitate to point this out when someone tries to tear down one great game to boost another great game up. They can and should coexist. :)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
This guy gets it. No need to tear down a fantastic game like TLoU. It's just one of the many reasons 2013 is so great. I don't hesitate to point this out when someone tries to tear down one great game to boost another great game up. They can and should coexist. :)

Well thank you for successfully derailing this thread in the name of promoting PEACE AND LOVE for all video games

Worst part is you can't stop yourself. Get a goddamn grip.

Oh well whatever guess I'll go to one of the other 4 101 threads open where people can actually stay on topic about the game. People who didn't watch the direct know about the trailer. That's all I aimed to do with making this thread

Here's the thing about other games that have zero relationship to TW101: no one wants to fucking hear about it since we've heard everything before in countless threads dedicated to them. They've had time in the sun, let this game have its own. No need to constantly pollute the conversation about an absolutely key release to the future of an entire platform.

Trailer was overlong, but I guess they want people to know that this is a full experience and not just another third person shooter or another Bayonetta-like or a simple family/kids title that riffs off of Pikmin. One of the few reasons I haven't given away my Wii U.

Neiteio

Well thank you for successfully derailing this thread in the name of promoting PEACE AND LOVE in video games

Worst part is you can't stop yourself. Get a goddamn grip.

Oh well whatever guess I'll go to one of the other 4 101 threads open where people can actually stay on topic about the game.
I was responding to someone else who started shitting on TLoU for no reason. Please don't be one of those people who are OK with shitting on non-Nintendo games but not those who bother to defend them once shat on.

And frankly, this tangent would've been resolved a long time ago if you and a couple others didn't keep taking umbrage with the fact I dedicated one post to detailing why the game shat upon is, in fact, not shitty.

C'mon, Retro. Animosity is unnecessary after all the good times in the Anarchy Reigns and MGRR threads. :-\

Let's get back to TW101 now.

I'm impressed.

I'll be honest - this is probably the first game I've seen that looks (on consoles at least) beyond this gen, graphically.

Here's the thing about other games that have zero relationship to TW101: no one wants to fucking hear about it since we've heard everything before in countless threads dedicated to them. They've had time in the sun, let this game have its own. No need to constantly pollute the conversation about an absolutely key release to the future of an entire platform.

Trailer was overlong, but I guess they want people to know that this is a full experience and not just another third person shooter or another Bayonetta-like or a simple family/kids title that riffs off of Pikmin. One of the few reasons I haven't given away my Wii U.

yeah, first half of the trailer was kind of meh to me, im a little burnt out on seeing the intro to the charecters over and over again, but the second half? Shhiiiiitttt

CrisKre

I was responding to someone else who started shitting on TLoU for no reason. Please don't be one of those people who are OK with shitting on non-Nintendo games but not those who bother to defend them once shat on.

And frankly, this tangent would've been resolved a long time ago if you and a couple others didn't keep taking umbrage with the fact I dedicated one post to detailing why the game shat upon is, in fact, not shitty.

C'mon, Retro. Animosity is unnecessary after all the good times in the Anarchy Reigns and MGRR threads. :-

Let's get back to TW101 now.

Please Neiteio: SHUT IT DOWN!

Love ya. ♡☆★

Neiteio

Finally have the 60fps trailer downloaded.....I can't deal....just can't
I'm slowly downloading the 60fps trailer... I've watched the 30fps version I lifted off YouTube twice in that time, lol.

This game has a model viewer (or so it would seem) for the heroes you recruit, but does it also have a model viewer for the bosses? I quite like the look of them!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Need some eyedrops after that 60 FPS trailer

7 and a half minutes of not blinking

Neiteio

Please Neiteio: SHUT IT DOWN!

Love ya. ♡☆★
Man, can we move on? People like yourself keep dwelling on the ONE POST where I defended TLoU against SOMEONE ELSE who brought it up, and then proceeded to say, "Let's move on."

Seriously now. Hugs and kisses! <3 <3 <3

The trailer was amazing. I'm downloading it now to just take a glance.

Is anybody else trying hard to forgot as much as they can of what they saw. I'll still get the game Day 1 but I'm planning to play it only six months later. Hopefully by then a good chunk of my memories will have disappeared into the ether. Luckily I have an insane backlog to play anyways (I got Xenoblade at launch and Zombi U near launch and I have played only an hour of the latter and only a minute of the former).

RE_Player

Like I said in one of the multiple Wonderful 101 threads on gaf. I will buy this game but I expect it to bomb hard in the grand scheme of things.

Just gonna leave this here...
ic9qjBbF2yeyD.gif

Neiteio

a result of your defense is that it's been quoted multiple times on every page since. Your defense was way more disruptive than the comment it responded to. That's my problem with it.
It was a one-post response. Can we move on, pleeeeeease?

SO, about TW101 -- the black kid has hacking powers? And makes bombs? Am I following correctly? I'm not clear how the other heroes "unite" into his powers.

He's called "The 8-Bit Enchanter." <3

Penguin

It was a one-post response. Can we move on, pleeeeeease?

SO, about TW101 -- the black kid has hacking powers? And makes bombs? Am I following correctly? I'm not clear how the other heroes "unite" into his powers.

He's called "The 8-Bit Enchanter." <3

Isn't he Indian?

zroid

Banned
(&#65417; °&#30410;°)&#65417; &#24417; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

this 60 fps trailer is taking a centurty to download

HOLY SHIT! I wasn't really hyped for this game, now I'm liking the looks of it more than Pikmin 3! There is so much depth to this game... and it looks long as fuck! Day one when I get my Wii U. Also, lol at the black wonder being black. What's up with that Japan? OG Power Rangers wasn't enough for you?

Neiteio

Isn't he Indian?
As a white guy who pretends to be black, I'm pretty sure he's black, but my Bollywood phase was short-lived, so I may be mistaken and he may be Indian.

Also, imagine if they'd shown this trailer at E3 2012, during the actual conference (in some reality where all of the assets were ready).

Sure beats Reggie turning to Geoff after the show and saying, "Oh hey, check this out."

Top Bottom