• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Open multiplayer test dates announced (Aug 19-21, 26-28); New MP Trailer

TheRed

Ugh sucks I'm gonna be skipping this game on PC, it's totally being sent to die just like the first one there will be no community on PC.

Haven't played Titanfall 1, but the TTK here looks super low. Wouldn't it suit the traversal gameplay better to have a higher TTK? That aside, I'm definitely keeping this on my watchlist.

Low TTK is okay with me considering how much more agile/mobile your targets are. I doubt it will have changed much from the first game though.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
I wish they would've used Frosbite instead of a modified Source Engine

Toni

Having been an extreme Destiny and Battlefield player, I'm honestly eager to see what they hype is all about with Titanfall for the first time.

Jarrod38

The new Smart Pistol?
bi9TpB5.gif

There's your fucking pilots only mode you whiny troglodytes.

You'll com crawling back to the regular modes soon.

Pilot vs. Pilot was the best part about Titanfall for me. Only way I'll be crawling back to shooting brain dead grunts is if the population in Pilot vs. Pilot falls to nothing again.

I like the Titans too, but grunts was the worst thing about the original Titanfall to me.

Bsigg12

No, PC was too complicated for this marketing push. I mean technical test.

I surely do hope they have exactly zero major issues with the PC version when the game launches. Not doing technical test on the platform that really requires it (client-side anyway) is a tough decision.

I would argue this will actually be legitimate tests as it's the first run of their new cloud service integration at a public level. Like the technical test for Titanfall 1, they were able to really lock down down Azure for launch.

Phinor

I would argue this will actually be legitimate tests as it's the first run of their new cloud service integration at a public level. Like the technical test for Titanfall 1, they were able to really lock down down Azure for launch.

That's why I added the part about client-side testing because obviously this test is going to be extremely useful for the devs. It's just that outside of server tech, the one platform that would benefit tremendously from this test is excluded from it because of the very reason it would benefit from this test.

inki

Hmm wonder what time it will be on the Playstation store. I need to think of a good excuse to leave work early on friday! My boss will understand...

YESSSS!!!!

Uploads will be up on the XBL & PSN stores before Friday. I don't think we have anything more specific than that yet (but could be wrong!).

I asked this earlier in the thread but I'll just ask directly because I didn't see it mentioned in the press releases. Is there a Gold or Plus requirement for the test?

JimiNutz

Banned
Haven't played Titanfall 1, but the TTK here looks super low. Wouldn't it suit the traversal gameplay better to have a higher TTK? That aside, I'm definitely keeping this on my watchlist.

I thought the same about the original and this looks even lower.
The only part of Titanfall I don't like is the leftover COD DNA that can be found in pilot gameplay.

Just watched the trailer.

This trailer did a better job of showing the pacing from the first was still there. Was my biggest worry after the E3 trailer.

How often do console games actually do this? Don't they lock it for performance reasons?

Battlefield 1
Mirrors Edge Catalyst
Doom
GTAV's first person mode IIRC
Borderlands Handsome collection IIRC
Rocket League
Warframe
Hawken
Theres an RPG that I cant recall atm

It could impact performance but I haven't come across any issues with Doom, Rocket League, or Warframe when set to max.

rackham

Banned
Here's hoping for a return of the Deadly Ground and Frontier Defense modes.

I just have to decide if I'm getting this game digitally or physically.

Looks absolutely amazing.

I think the PC tech test controversy is pretty overblown though. In fact, I'm willing to bet PC gets some kind of pre-release test environment. I understand the disappointment, but all the people going "pass" and feeling betrayed beyond recompense are being a tad dramatic.

So fucking in for this shit, PS4 owners are in for a treat.

The way people feel about MGSV for third person are similar to what I feel for Titanfall when it comes to first person. Shit just feels incredible to play.

Top Bottom