• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Open multiplayer test dates announced (Aug 19-21, 26-28); New MP Trailer

Rayme

is it me or does stim seem longer and faster?
So I'm a dirty, dirty liar who can't read script. As Chin points out, the duration is a little shorter, but the boost is more powerful. I would describe it as "more better" in practice than R1's version of the ability.

(Because OF COURSE I WOULD.)

Sorry about that.

So I'm a dirty, dirty liar who can't read script. As Chin points out, the duration is a little shorter, but the boost is more powerful. I would describe it as "more better" in practice than R1's version of the ability.

Sorry about that.

It's not your fault, I blame those terrible scripters who can't write easy-to-read script if their lives depended on it!
rage.gif

Please don't hate me I am one of them

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I havent' been following the game at all, but I hope that they didn't try to go down the CoD rabbit hole of introducing 50 thousand gun variants and a billion unlocks with loot boxes. I hope it's still as simple as one gun per class.

Loved Titanfall and I'm really hyped for this.

Does anyone know if the switch to thirdperson for melee kills/titan entry can be disabled? I'd prefer an option for it to remain first person. I hated the brief switch in destiny and it looks equally annoying here. PLEASE be optional.

JDB

Banned
Sad that it isn't on PC considering what a miserable experience Titanfall was at times with a controller. At least we won't get spoiled on the singleplayer, though!

Sorry about that.

Hello,
Me again :p

Are there HUD options to disable the killfeed, medals, and level (character and weapons) popups? After viewing a few videos I noticed the screen can become a bit cluttered with information (that is also available at the end of matches?)

SwolBro

Banned

Sorry about that.

hmm... i'm not sure it being shorter is a good thing. it's so perfect as it is right now.

i'll have to see during the tech test

Rayme

Hello,
Me again :p

Are there HUD options to disable the killfeed, medals, and level (character and weapons) popups? After viewing a few videos I noticed the screen can become a bit cluttered with information (that is also available at the end of matches?)
Not in this Tech Test, but-!

Pilot vs. Pilot was the best part about Titanfall for me. Only way I'll be crawling back to shooting brain dead grunts is if the population in Pilot vs. Pilot falls to nothing again.

I like the Titans too, but grunts was the worst thing about the original Titanfall to me.

i'll never understand this complaint.

the grunts literally do nothing, except allow you to kill them easily to speed up your titan timer [which is balanced by forcing you to reveal your map location if you choose to shoot them].

not gonna lie, as a huge TF1 fan, i'm kinda worried about TF2 - scared they're going to try to add too much or change too much, thereby breaking the beautifully balanced simplicity of the first game.

also really confused why they didn't get handed frostbite for this, the engine was the shittiest part of the first game.

So I understand why Respawn went with big name COD youtubers. They did that to get the maximum amount of viewers looking at the game. I feel like they shouldve balanced that with people that were very experienced with the first Titanfall as far as knowing how to bunnyhop and wallrun well. This game is a totally different game once you have mastered those mechanics, the maps become much smaller and you can get from side to the other very quickly. The way it was played today during the livestream literally made it look like Call of Duty with bots and big piloted robots.

old

Weekends only? Aw fuck them. Throw a weeknight or two in there.

Hate this trend of devs doing events on weekends only.

Ledhead

I'm interested in the game but wanted to get my hands on it before making a decision. This would have been great. Unfortunately i'm on vacation both those weekends :/ At least there will be a good amount of footage up to check out.

I loved the Burn cards. Sad to hear they are gone.

I'm beyond thrilled they're gone on the other hand! To each his her own. I also was always afraid they'd end up as pay-for-packs or something too... And didn't think they really added that much to gameplay.

statham

Who says a 2016 game is going to run like a 2004 game?

this game was also released before the 10% freed up by kinec t, they said they was going to up the resolution but never did, I expect variable-resolution like halo 5, so the 'S' will play better and Scorpio will probably be 1080 or higher.

Rizific

Know why its not on PC?

Because last time they did a beta on PC, everyone enjoyed it, but then no one bought the game.
I bought tf1 because I enjoyed the beta. Their excuses for not having a PC beta are bullshit. So instead of day 1 for me, it'll be "day whenever I get tired of bf1 and want to try something new and probably at a discount". That's assuming they put out a good pc game.

no, it needs to be 1080p. there's no excuse for a game running on source not to be 1080p/60fps

It does not matter if it is running on "source" in a nominal capacity. What is happening in terms of simulation and which rendering effects are being used at which target framerate dictates whether something deservedly or undeservedly should be @ 1920X1080 on a given set of hardware.

jediyoshi

no, it needs to be 1080p. there's no excuse for a game running on source not to be 1080p/60fps

You say that as if it's literally running pre-Orange Box, OG Xbox era Source. Saying "Source" even within the context of Valve products spans multiple iterations of the engine. Hell, even between their current games, the engine features implemented wildly differ.

i'll never understand this complaint.

the grunts literally do nothing, except allow you to kill them easily to speed up your titan timer [which is balanced by forcing you to reveal your map location if you choose to shoot them].

not gonna lie, as a huge TF1 fan, i'm kinda worried about TF2 - scared they're going to try to add too much or change too much, thereby breaking the beautifully balanced simplicity of the first game.

also really confused why they didn't get handed frostbite for this, the engine was the shittiest part of the first game.

Doing a menial task (shooting at basically static targets) in order to get a necessary leg up on your Titan time made things less fun. It's like no, you don't have to kill them, but if you want to get your Titan more often and win the match, you kinda need to. Beyond that they aren't anything more than a distraction; they don't require skill to kill, they aren't fun to kill, they're distracting me from more fun things like killing other pilots, so why is Respawn telling me I have to run around and shoot at nothingness to help me win? I just never liked it. I don't blame anybody who does like it, but I do think a lot of others had the same problem, and I'm glad Respawn noted it and are making changes.

I still liked the game.

Raide

I'm beyond thrilled they're gone on the other hand! To each his her own. I also was always afraid they'd end up as pay-for-packs or something too... And didn't think they really added that much to gameplay.

Fair enough 😀

For me it was just having the option to bust out a card to hopefully turn the tide. I hoped they would look at the Req system from Halo 5 and evolve it even more.

I am sure they will come up with another system. What they have shown with the Amped stuff seems to be their burn card evolution.

Raide

As a side to this....

Any chance of mini games for players on/in a Network?

Titan Football?

Maybe some card game using burn cards?

boinx

I'm assuming you aren't a big MP shooter player?

Titanfall was much, much faster than any COD game. Even with recent movement additions in COD it is still very different.

get back to me when you play nuketown or any other map in ground war in black ops 3 bro, the lower player counts and bigger maps make titanfall's combat dynamic slower than the constant player encounters in any of the good cod games.

Top Bottom