• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Video game charts for Black Friday Week

spwolf

The_Hound ‏@houndking1 20m20 minutes ago

@_wotta Yes but who has a BIGGER smile?
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Joe Anderson ‏@_wotta 19m19 minutes ago

@hound214 You wouldn’t believe me even if I could tell you.
The_Hound ‏@houndking1 19m19 minutes ago

@_wotta WiiU finally dominating the market?
Joe Anderson ‏@_wotta 15m15 minutes ago

@hound214 No. Honestly you wouldn’t believe it that’s about all I can say.

360?!

360 should have sold well, didnt they have 99GBP bundles with games? That was crazy price, lower than PS2 low prices at the end.

Can't help but feel that Pokemon is a little disappointing. Most of these games are weeks old...
Little Big Bombaaaaa
Might be a bomba but it's putting PS4s in younger hands. There is a LBP3 Minecraft bundle that will surely be evergreen for kids. Only thing missing is a Lego game really.
I cant imagine MS are very happy about this and I wouldn't be surprised if they are worried about 5
The only thing that can save Halo 5 is probably a Crackdown beta...

Yikes, I can't believe Smash Bros. didn't even break the top 10.

Well, we don't really care about Nintendo home console games here in the UK at the best of times, and just take a look at the competition it was up against, also accounting for the heavy discounting for various highly-marketed games. It's really not that surprising.

weekev

Banned
This is the UK. Folks here are too cool and edgy to play WiiU. We are in the land of Fifa, where updated rosters are worth £40 a year plus £200 to get the best ultimate team. Fun is secondary to bragging rights.

Can't help but feel that Pokemon is a little disappointing. Most of these games are weeks old...

The split sales (combined, it takes #3) plus it being a full price game amongst a bunch of games in bundles/deals/etc makes it make more sense.

Plus it was never going to beat FIFA and CoD on the busiest shopping week of the year.

Worldwide gamers know what they want. This is similar to the majority of countries.

Don't pretend that the UK has 'poor' taste to fit your faux-hipster agenda.

He's right though. UK has a particularly poor taste. COD and FIFA hang around the top of the charts well into next year. AssCreed to a lesser extent.

Ferr986

This is the UK. Folks here are too cool and edgy to play WiiU. We are in the land of Fifa, where updated rosters are worth £40 a year plus £200 to get the best ultimate team. Fun is secondary to bragging rights.

Maybe... just maybe.. people have fun with FIFA too?
I mean, those sales surely reflect all of European countries too. FIFA, COD.... is what dominate sales over here.

Usobuko

Banned

But it did better than all the other Pokemon launches including the main series X / Y last year. Unless the previous games are not launch near BF date, I think they did well.

Bazry

Seems strange that they're tagging Smash Bros Wii U with the 3DS version when they have 2 different names

I feel bad now for buying a digital copy of Smash

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Yawn. How completely uninspired and unsurprising. Oh well, UK gamers know what they want.

QgK6dgx.gif

what does this even mean?

Not nearly as edgy as implying people are wrong for having fun with a game they clearly like.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I'm also disappointed that a mere remake of the worst games of the franchise managed to set a new record for the best first week for a Pokémon game :(.

Maybe... just maybe.. people have fun with FIFA too?
I mean, those sales surely reflect all of European countries too. FIFA, COD.... is what dominate sales over here.

Doesn't mean it is right. FIFA doesn't deserve to sell like a phenomenon each year when l EA do is tweak the engine and rosters.

Also, I believe this year Pes is better.

When you consider the Amazon and Shopto problems of not getting enough copies...plus it is a busy time of year, your typical 10k opening, drop like a brick that most first party Wii U games do won't cut it...

The text says otherwise. I think that is over 150k combined...I can still remember the weeks when 10k gave you number 1 spot on the charts...

Seems strange that they're tagging Smash Bros Wii U with the 3DS version when they have 2 different names

I feel bad now for buying a digital copy of Smash
Fifa Legacy crap edition has been combined with Fifa for years so it is only fair...
should have done it for Pokemon

Robin64

what does this even mean?

It means that this is pretty much how charts here always are. I didn't say it was a good or bad thing, though. People here adore FIFA and CoD and they'll be up there in the charts until the next iterations.

And that's fine, I don't mind more people gaming even if they play games that aren't my taste.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
There are no Wii U games on the list.

so because there are no wii u games on the list UK gamers cant have fun with the choice they made?

It means that this is pretty much how charts here always are. I didn't say it was a good or bad thing, though. People here adore FIFA and CoD and they'll be up there in the charts until the next iterations.

And that's fine, I don't mind more people gaming even if they play games that aren't my taste.

ok thats fair.

edit: quote add

geordiemp

What a load of rubbish.

UK market likes multiplatform games that perform well - many are well informed on how games run even if they are not technical.

Last gen 360 was king as it ran most multiplats better. This time its Ps4.

Social online games seem to do well - be it FIFA or COD or Destiny or GTA 5, especially Teens who have not heard of WiiU (my son is 11, he never heard or mentions WiiU nor do his friends).

I live in UK and have not even seen a WiiU in a shop.

WiiU seems to be niche and I only see its popularity (or mentioned at all) when I log into GAF.............

But it did better than all the other Pokemon launches including the main series X / Y last year. Unless the previous games are not launch near BF date, I think they did well.
Diamond & Pearl - July 27th
Heart Gold & Soul Silver - March 26th
Black & White - March 4th
Black & White 2 - October 12th
X & Y - October 12th
Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - November 28th

weekev

Banned
Not nearly as edgy as implying people are wrong for having fun with a game they clearly like.
I have no problem with people having fun with it, I just think folks might have more fun if they broadened their horizons a bit. I enjoy the odd game of Fifa and I get why people like it. What bugs me is the way EA have monetized every aspect of the fun so the really hardcore Fifa addicts are dropping £250 a year on the franchise. I know that folks will pay that to enjoy building their best Ultimate Team but its pretty much what I hate about modern gaming summed up in one franchise that I used to love.

Percy

Banned
Shame LBP3 did so bad, it's actually pretty good. Launching something like it at full retail at the time they did was a massive fuck up on Sony's part though. Sub-£30 for the PS4 version and launching it early December would have been much smarter. Ah well... I could see it having decent legs when the price drops (Which shouldn't take long).

Smash's low debut is a poor reflection on all of us too, but you could see that coming a mile off unfortunately.

Xbox games selling so well, 4th week leading in UK?
Tide turning everywhere.

lmao

Ferr986

Doesn't mean it is right. FIFA doesn't deserve to sell like a phenomenon each year when l EA do is tweak the engine and rosters.

Also, I believe this year Pes is better.

I agree that EA should put more work on FIFA but that doesnt mean that people who buys FIFA and COD are buying those games for braggin and not for fun.

Raist

Banned
Everyone here is wrong regarding which console won. Can't we all just be happy that it was an amazing week for gaming?

So it's not the PS4, not the XBO, not the 360, and obviously not Vita.
Doesn't leave a lot of options :p

It's PS TV

geordiemp

He's right though. UK has a particularly poor taste. COD and FIFA hang around the top of the charts well into next year. AssCreed to a lesser extent.

Dont agree, you will see the same sales trend as USA, only difference is football is most popular..

I bet if you lumped together American football and baseball = football in UK.

So USA and UK charts dominated by GTA , COD , destiny etc is same, only difference is FIFA popularity.

wotta

Lol. I think everyone knows that the best performing consoles were PS4 and Xbox One last week. That's obvious to everyone. Work the rest out for yourself.

Raist

Banned
Jeez guys.

Best performing consoles = PS4 and XB1.

Yet neither of these were best selling HW.

It's not that hard.

Top Bottom