• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Video game charts for Black Friday Week

Chris1

That's very surprising. I honestly thought MS would walk sales this weekend. Dunno what they have to do to get ahead this gen.
It's the UK, the bundles here for PS4 are on par with those for xbox, and are the same price.

I'm shocked PS4 isn't more ahead if anything

wotta

X1 had more games in there bundles there main bundle had 4 games, sony had 2.

Yeah this. Xbox One had better value deals, but both performed very strongly. It's great too see in my opinion. If they stay neck and neck it'll be better for everyone as they'll continue the oneupmanship by providing more value, more bundles and better games.

Maledict

Do you know when they price matched them.

Just trying to see if the sales were neck and neck before the price match or just after.

They didn't price match - the xbox was cheaper as it came with more free games. However, the difference wasn't as big as it is in the states where there was a general $70 higher price tag on the ps4.

Looks like MS has decided to repeat its 360 strategy - aim to dominate the UK and USA and forget the rest of the world. Personally as a gamer I'd rather the XBone went down in flames simply because the bigger it is, the less likely we'll get games using the extra power present in the ps4 (and I don't like the message that the only possible thing that matters for consoles is the price).

driver116

Yes. Just for black Friday PS4 was one of the highlights as the best selling SKUs.

Still very good considering the huge Xbox push. I think Sony may have surprised themselves. They should have made those discounted SKUs available earlier ion the week.

Impotaku

Urgh that list pretty much sums up why the UK is so crap for interesting gaming if i had to rely on domestic releases i probably wouldn't ever bother as i don't like sports/fps/driving games.

That's very surprising. I honestly thought MS would walk sales this weekend. Dunno what they have to do to get ahead this gen.

Offer the X1 for £279 with a bundled game. How much was the cheapest X1 with at least one game?

Anyway, the DC bundle seems to have done great numbers over BF weekend.

Marc

I cant imagine MS are very happy about this and I wouldn't be surprised if they are worried about 5

Its been non-stop MCC adverts in the UK as well, along with nearly every 3rd party game paid off to say its best on XBox or whatever that stupid line is.

They must be sinking a fortune into the ad's.

I hope they do claw it back a bit, Sony have been very poor lately compared to last year. Microsoft certainly burnt a lot of bridges but happy they at least acknowledged it without really ever saying sorry and making firm statements on never doing it again. The latter being the main reason I haven't been tempted by any of the deals. Although I only really want to play Sunset Overdrive.

edit: Haha, just noticed Amazon's 'cyber monday' BS is sponsored by Xbox One. Even if MS are neck and neck on sales, surely they have spent sooo much more on sponsorship, adverts, promotions and all the rest of that.

Offer the X1 for £279 with a bundled game. How much was the cheapest X1 with at least one game?

Anyway, the DC bundle seems to have done great numbers over BF weekend.
One of the Amazon deals was £269 with Alien.

I think also of note is that, at least it seemed to me, that more places were doing Xbox One deals compared to PS4.

Its been non-stop MCC adverts in the UK as well, along with nearly every 3rd party game paid off to say its best on XBox or whatever that stupid line is.

They must be sinking a fortune into the ad's.

I hope they do claw it back a bit, Sony have been very poor lately compared to last year. Microsoft certainly burnt a lot of bridges but happy they at least acknowledged it without really ever saying sorry and making firm statements on never doing it again. The latter being the main reason I haven't been tempted by any of the deals. Although I only really want to play Sunset Overdrive.

edit: Haha, just noticed Amazon's 'cyber monday' BS is sponsored by Xbox One. Even if MS are neck and neck on sales, surely they have spent sooo much more on sponsorship, adverts, promotions and all the rest of that.
Yes indeed, they are on marketing overload. I shudder to think how much they've spent, they are on all the time and it was only a week ago that you'd often get both the Sunset and Halo adverts in the same ad break on male orientated channels like sports etc.

Sony seem to be pushing Far Cry a lot though in fairness.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
And Smash deserves to sell for those same reasons, right?

You seriously think Smash is just a "roster update"? Each game has had oodles of content over the last game in the series, in an age when most companies are cutting back on features and making them DLC, Sakurai continues to add more and more.

TomShoe

Banned
LBP3 being low was expected, considering it wasn't on sale for BF. People are looking for deals. I can pay $59.99 for a game any day.

Top Bottom