• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 hits PS4 on May 26th, $24.99: PS3 Stick Support Confirmed!

Anung

Un Rama
Really happy with that price. I really expected capcom to try push that next gen tax. I love SF but never bought any of the expansions. I'll grab this and finally get some decent use out of the PS4 fightstick I grabbed in Japan.

cackhyena

Was it more than one reason? Thought the reason was that PS3 versions ran worse for Capcom games.

Pretty much every other fighter is played on ps3.
I mean, in my experience it was net code, loading, amount of players available, and skills. I always felt like I was challenged more playing on Live and never ran out of people to play. After a while, I would only go back to the PS3 version cuz I'd get invites. Just overall a better experience for me on 360. Almost everyone I'd talk to or knew that had both versions came down on the same side. "Shrug"

Really hope it's better for PS4. The Steam version seems like it'll never run well at this point. The net code is simply fucked.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Was it more than one reason? Thought the reason was that PS3 versions ran worse for Capcom games.

Pretty much every other fighter is played on ps3.

I think its because MVC3 and UMVC3 as well as SF4 are inferior ports

Neff

how much work is it to get the skullgirls stick driver working?

NRS did it for MKX. Is there some sort of deal stopping capcom from doing it for USF4? (assuming they don't support it...they haven't said anything about it yet)

I'd say it's very likely that Capcom will go for it. Anyone can implement these drivers. While it may have been a good idea to partner up for merchandised sticks in 2009 when many gamers didn't have USB controllers, the FGC is pretty much loaded up with USB sticks these days, and asking people to buy them all over again for a port, a port geared for Evo at that, would be very dumb. These things are really expensive, and not many people will be happy about starting a collection.

And I'll stick my neck out by saying that Capcom will absolutely without a doubt integrate PS3 USB for SFV, it'd be suicide for the game if they didn't, although I'm sure you can expect the usual 'event' sticks for it as well. Capcom are opportunistic, sure, but they're not idiots.

How does this happen?

Human beings come into this wonderful thing we call existence, they start playing games, they've gotta start somewhere.

nikos

This has been my main game since the original SF4. Buying it for the millionth time, along with a new stick. Hopefully they announce whether PS3 sticks will work or not. $25 is an incredible price for this.

Day 1, obviously. $25 is a great price, but I'll end up spending much more for costumes.

I assumed it came with all the costumes, no?

Every single piece of DLC is included, but I'm sure they'll release more.

Artorias

Banned
I just saw this was announced earlier, I'm excited! I bought SF4 twice last gen and put maybe an hour into it total, but I have somebody to play against regularly this time so hopefully I'll play it more.

Great price too, I didn't expect I'd buy it at launch but now I will for sure. I'm slightly bummed at no physical copy, but I'm probably better off this way for an MP focused game you can play in short sessions.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Not sure if I should plunge again. I sucked at vanilla SF4 and sold it (great game to watch on tournament play tho...). The price tag is certainly fair.

Very odd that they chose this day to announce it w/ all of the star wars buzz.

Also, a few of you hardcore Street Fighters out there said that there was minor input lag in the controls of Ultra Street Fighter IV for PS3. Well, don’t worry: we’ve eliminated it to make the PS4 edition the ultimate version on any platform, so it’ll be good to go for all your tournament needs!

Very nice for the FGC.

BiggNife

My title is Global Community and Sponsorship Manager here at Mad Catz. However don't let the title fool you. I'm in charge of everything having to do with fighting games here. From development, design and marketing of our products to making business related decisions to help benefit the company (and grow the scene).

I hate to be captain obvious here but... Once things are ready to be announced... they will be announced. There are lots of things that go around in the background within the industry that often involves more than one company/entity. Until that process is finished, you'll likely not hear any information otherwise (unless leaks).

That being said. Everyone was wondering WHEN on the PS4 version for the longest time. It was finally announced today because it was ready to be announced. I won't comment on our take because I've made it public before. We support the community.

Just wait for news and info. If you take my words with a grain of salt, I'll have you know. I love salt.
That's fair, and I appreciate the level-headed response. I actually wasn't aware of how many responsibilities you have at Mad Catz.

Call me cynical, but until PS3 controller support on PS4 Capcom games is formally and officially announced, I'd rather take the safe road and not make decisions assuming it's going to happen because nothing ever seems to be set in stone in this industry.

JP

Does this game have a TTT/DOA5-style soundtrack option?

Because what I played from vanilla 4 was absolutely dire, music-wise.
Not quite what you're asking for but i have seen Street Fighter soundtracks on Spotify so you'll be able to use those if you want, even if you're not a subscriber.

cackhyena

after steam update like 2 weeks ago I have not ran into any problems with the netcode on USF4.

Plenty of people are still saying it's fucked. I played earlier today and had terrible lag in certain matches. Just a couple days ago, I'd disconnect from Steam altogether while playing. It's been like that since day one. No other game cause that for me. Capcom simply abandoned it. Good for you that it's working, though. I give up.

specialK

Banned
I'm in

tumblr_n3s99z5PCs1rsvgg6o1_400.gif

Skilletor

Why is GTA such a big deal? Maybe I don't want to run around stealing cars and shooting cops.

Yeah, I've only played like 10 minutes of GTA. Games aren't for me.

Maybe the person is really young, but it's hard to imagine anybody 25 years of age or older that hasn't thrown a fireball.

Could be my bias showing.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Will definately buy. I've had SF4 vanilla, super, and arcade edition(that one i had for both 360 and PS3), but never bought any DLC.

I waited for Ultra specifically for a PS4 version, so this makes it the definitive version for me.

It'll be a good hold over to SF5(which i hope they actually advance the roster a bit not just in new or returning characters but also storyline wise, 20+ Sakura plz)

Shadoken

Those screens dont look any different from last gen. Are they just porting it over without the 2 frame lag? I thought it would atleast look like the PC version on max settings.

They really need to include the drivers for ps3 sticks...but I guess madcatz needs to make money.

Will probably have to buy a ps4 stick at some point too

Swarna

Plenty of people are still saying it's fucked. I played earlier today and had terrible lag in certain matches. Just a couple days ago, I'd disconnect from Steam altogether while playing. It's been like that since day one. No other game cause that for me. Capcom simply abandoned it. Good for you that it's working, though. I give up.

SF4 itself has been fixed for about a week now (after the steamworks API update hit the main client for all users, beta or otherwise). I haven't experienced any stutters in the past week I've played. The dozens of peeps on my friend list report the same. The issue might be something else, mate. Day and night difference for me from the stutter-fest it used to be.

Steam disconnecting might be another issue entirely not a part of SF4. Might be cause of the recent GTA5 downloads bringing down the servers in your region. I haven't noticed it, though.

atomico

I'll pass. I don't even want to count how many times I've bought this damn game already.

Edit: Screw it. Here goes:
SFIV (PS3)
A.E. (360)
A.E. on PC twice (GFWL on disc, plus a Steam key later on)
Ultra (Steam)

Fake edit: Dammit, I bought a few costumes along the way, too.

Top Bottom