• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 hits PS4 on May 26th, $24.99: PS3 Stick Support Confirmed!

BiggNife

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=159844036&postcount=94

Time will tell if what Markman said (implied?) pans out.
I know Markman has said before that he supports devs using the drivers, but he's a company promoter first and foremost so until I see a game with a branded TE actually support the PS3 drivers I can't really help but take what he says/posts on this topic with a grain of salt.

e: And just because he supports the drivers doesn't necessarily mean the higher-ups at MadCatz do. He's a community manager, not a marketing exec.

Street Fighter is a series that I'll always love because of what a big fucking deal it was in my youth, but I'm terrible at it and I think I'll just admire it from afar from here on out*

*until I wake up after a night of drinking with $25 less in my bank and a shiny new Street Fighter game on my hard drive

Jomjom

Banned
I know Markman has said before that he supports devs using the drivers, but he's a salesman first and foremost so until I see a game with a branded TE actually support the PS3 drivers I can't really help but take what he says/posts on this topic with a grain of salt.

e: And just because he supports the drivers doesn't necessarily mean the higher-ups at MadCatz do. He's a community manager, not a marketing exec.

He said bookmark favorite his post so something is definitely coming.

cakely

25 bucks?
Next month?

NO INPUT LAG??

f26.jpg

Did you make that? Well done. :)

milkham

I really don't expect them to have support for ps3 controllers, I will probably end up doing a padhack with a 3rd party controller since i can't drop all that cash on a new stick.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I am REALLY hoping this will be a Resident Evil Revelations 2 type situation where the digital release is first before a physical release.

THat's not the vita version. That is the console and PC versions which was only because they were selling it walking dead style. The Vita version is DL only, and this as well

Owensboro

I have bought every version of this game.

I am terrible at this game.

I'm going to buy this version of this game.

I'm probably going to be forced to buy a new stick for this game.

I hate myself. I'm so excited.

Sold at this price ..

I'm gonna get it.
If they support the PS3 pad, it'll be the GOTF.. but for now i'll just enjoy this news.

Goliath

THat's not the vita version. That is the console and PC versions which was only because they were selling it walking dead style. The Vita version is DL only, and this as well

Why are you confident that Capcom will follow a vita like release model for the PS4 version of USF4?

It makes sense to promote digital games on a handheld. Especially a handheld that makes little money and Sony has all but abandoned as opposed to the PS4 which is basically the go-to next-gen console with a larger consumer base. Maybe I am being optimistic but I am hoping that they will see it worthwhile to release a physical version of their most popular franchise.

NeoGIF

Yup, gonna be purchasing this for the 3rd, 4th, 5th (loses count) time. This is definitely a great deal.

Duxxy3

is ds4 dpad passable for fighters? don't think i'd invest in an arcade stick again.

It's not too bad. I swear they changed the stiffness of the rubber under the dpad in the newest versions of the controller. The first edition of the controller had a stiff dpad. It doesn't feel so stiff in the newer version.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I know Markman has said before that he supports devs using the drivers, but he's a company promoter first and foremost so until I see a game with a branded TE actually support the PS3 drivers I can't really help but take what he says/posts on this topic with a grain of salt.

My title is Global Community and Sponsorship Manager here at Mad Catz. However don't let the title fool you. I'm in charge of everything having to do with fighting games here. From development, design and marketing of our products to making business related decisions to help benefit the company (and grow the scene).

I hate to be captain obvious here but... Once things are ready to be announced... they will be announced. There are lots of things that go around in the background within the industry that often involves more than one company/entity. Until that process is finished, you'll likely not hear any information otherwise (unless leaks).

That being said. Everyone was wondering WHEN on the PS4 version for the longest time. It was finally announced today because it was ready to be announced. I won't comment on our take because I've made it public before. We support the community.

Just wait for news and info. If you take my words with a grain of salt, I'll have you know. I love salt.

They were too busy buying timed-exclusivity for Tomb Raider and let Street Fighter slip away.

I sort of agree but this is MS's loss, i'm pretty sure they knew what was going behind the scenes and thought Street Figher wasn't an important enough franchise for their userbase. I know fighting game fans are pretty much all PlayStation gamers.

Personnaly, even though i own an Xbox One, i would always buy a fighting game for PlayStation platforms simply because this is where the good player and most players are. This gen wont be any different, my fighting games other than Killer Instinct, which is obvious, will all be played on PS4.

cackhyena

I sort of agree but this is MS's loss, i'm pretty sure they knew what was going behind the scenes and thought Street Figher wasn't an important enough franchise for their userbase. I know fighting game fans are pretty much all PlayStation gamers.

Personnaly, even though i own an Xbox One, i would always buy a fighting game for PlayStation platforms simply because this is where the good player and most players are. This gen wont be any different, my fighting games other than Killer Instinct, which is obvious, will all be played on PS4.

Wut.

360 was the console of choice for more than one reason regarding SF4 at the very least.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I was expecting 40 for sure. Bought.

Cels

how much work is it to get the skullgirls stick driver working?

NRS did it for MKX. Is there some sort of deal stopping capcom from doing it for USF4? (assuming they don't support it...they haven't said anything about it yet)

vcc

I have bought every version of this game.

I am terrible at this game.

I'm going to buy this version of this game.

I'm probably going to be forced to buy a new stick for this game.

I hate myself. I'm so excited.

It's like Ono is your abusive spouse.

Top Bottom