• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 hits PS4 on May 26th, $24.99: PS3 Stick Support Confirmed!

BossLackey

Gold Member
Count me in. ONLY because of the price.

It's about time they realized they can't keep pumping out the same game at those higher prices and expect people to buy it.

KAL2006

Banned
I am living MKX but SF is the only fightet I can play for a long time competitively. If netcode is good I will definitely get this. The last time I played SF4 was Arcade Edition.

zlatko

Banned
This is a great value for it.

I'm going to wait to hear impression on PS4 version net code before hopping in.

Really though I may not get it due to having it on PC(even though that version is ass cheeks still), have MKX now, AND Witcher 3 will have just come out. Tough sell. Blah.

naib

Will quadruple dip.

I really do hope they get the PS3 stick thing sorted. I'm not really feeling this Hayabusa. Might have to swap out the stick/buttons.

The MKX stick implementation is awesome but it is kinda janky. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful. I just wish you didn't need a DS4 charged for both sticks.

Afrikan

so I'm guessing we'll only be playing other PS4 gamers??? no PS3 or PC gamers?

damn I might have to still buy the PS3 version. Hopefully this price announcement will cause the PS3 version to be drastically reduced in price.

Oneself

Mmm judging from the screens, it seems like Capcom forgot to switch the AF on. Or was it like this in the original / PC game?

Again?

antibolo

Banned
I like how Capcom just straight-up admits that the PS3 version had lag issues.

EDIT: No wait that blog post was written by Gio. But still, that's kinda even worse since it's Sony's admission rather than Capcom.

Seik

Banned
Great deal! Will buy the damn game for, like, the fifth or sixth time. :lol

Also, please god, have PS3 stick support! D:

KAL2006

Banned
It would be great if this also had cross platform play with PC si there is a bigger community. Similar to what they will do with SFV.

Holyshit my prediction was right ! now i need a good PS4 arcade stick can anyone show me a decent stick i can buy on PS3 i used the SF4 tournament edition stick and it was not bad

BiggNife

So if Mortal Kombat X on PS4 supports PS3 sticks... does that mean there still could be hope for USFIV?

Depends on whether or not Capcom decides to license the drivers Lab Zero made.

Considering Capcom constantly makes deals with Madcatz to sell new sticks to coincide with their new releases (in this case the USF4 TE2), I strongly doubt they're going to bother. MKX didn't have a stick (just the PDP pad), so NetherRealm/WB had nothing to lose.

Also worth mentioning that Guilty Gear Xrd and DOA5FR also had sticks coinciding with their releases and they didn't license the PS3 driver either.

antibolo

Banned

Considering Capcom constantly makes deals with Madcatz to sell new sticks to coincide with their new releases, I strongly doubt they're going to bother. MKX didn't have a stick (just the PDP pad), so NetherRealm had nothing to lose.

Also worth mentioning that Guilty Gear Xrd and DOA5FR had sticks coinciding with their releases and they didn't license the PS3 driver either.

The thing is though, since Capcom has strongly indicated that they intend on making the PS4 version the gold standard for tournaments for now on, they're going to get a lot of shit for this.

NeOak

The thing is though, since Capcom has strongly indicated that they intend on making the PS4 version the gold standard for tournaments for now on, they're going to get a lot of shit for this.
That will have to get the license again and port UMVC3 if they really intend to.

The End

Considering Capcom constantly makes deals with Madcatz to sell new sticks to coincide with their new releases (in this case the USF4 TE2), I strongly doubt they're going to bother. MKX didn't have a stick (just the PDP pad), so NetherRealm/WB had nothing to lose.

Also worth mentioning that Guilty Gear Xrd and DOA5FR also had sticks coinciding with their releases and they didn't license the PS3 driver either.

FYI, Lab Zero released the drivers for free, but it's up to Devs to implement them.

jacobeid

Banned
Great price but it's worthless to me without PS3 stick compatibility to be quite honest. Will wait until we hear about that.

xCobalt

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=159844036&postcount=94

Time will tell if what Markman said (implied?) pans out.

JP

That's a nice surprise, wasn't sure about getting the PS4 version but it looks like I'm in again.

K.Sabot

I've come to accept that digital for fighting games is a good thing, I like being able to boot up a fighting game to put some time into training mode between single player sessions, and if I were to put away my single player game disc, I'd be less likely to ever put it back in. So I guess I mean to say that digital fighting games help me finish my backlog because I am apt to play fighting games quite frequently.

Top Bottom