• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 FULL E3 Video July 1st!

dr_rus

Oh, so it'll be shit like Uncharted 2?
I think Uncharted 2 is amazing, and as far as I know Hennig didn't work on that one.

Hennig worked on all UCs, including UC2 for which she was the creative director. Uncharted is Hennig's baby basically.

foxbeldin

So I think this is the correct countdown, correct me if I'm wrong -

t1435773600z0.png

I feel like this needs to be quoted again.

Ricky_R

Oh, so it'll be shit like Uncharted 2?
I think Uncharted 2 is amazing, and as far as I know Hennig didn't work on that one.

Amy Hennig was lead the writer of Uncharted 2 and second in command behind Bruce. In fact, the Uncharted franchise was basically Amy's baby.

Still, Bruce and Neil together are amazing, so "concern" is unwarranted.

hesido

It's too bad we can't hide gifs under a spoiler tag.
Everyone would benefit.

Your comment made me take some action about this:

Add:
span.spoiler img {
display: none;
}

span.spoiler::after {
content: "|Click to display spoiler|";
display: inline;
background-color: black;
color: white;
}

span.spoiler:active img{
display: inline;
}

Using a user CSS extension (such as Stylish) or in your user.css if your browser already supports it.

DPxn9bF.gif
This is a test spoiler.

Here's the result:
lQHXtzh.gif

This is only a crude CSS only solution I did in 2 mins (edit: 3 minutes), so this could be made better, it doesn't even take into account whether there's actually an image inside it or not. Of course this needs users to wrap the images in spoiler tag but I guess this could be pretty easily implemented by NeoGAF website itself. Actually you wouldn't even need the ::after content, but I added it for cases where img is the only thing inside the span tag so there's something clickable. (You could work around it by setting opacity and size...)

KyleCross

Hennig worked on all UCs, including UC2 for which she was the creative director. Uncharted is Hennig's baby basically.

Then it's a baby she attempted to smother when it turned 3 and has promptly been taken from her and given to a more loving parent.

foxbeldin

Add:

Using a user CSS extension (such as Stylish) or in your user.css if your browser already supports it.

DPxn9bF.gif
This is a test spoiler.

Here's the result:
lQHXtzh.gif

This is only a crude CSS only solution I did in 2 mins (edit: 3 minutes), so this could be made better, it doesn't even take into account whether there's actually an image inside it or not. Of course this needs users to wrap the images in spoiler tag but I guess this could be pretty easily implemented by NeoGAF website itself.

Really nice, maybe you should link this post to a mod and it might happen.

hesido

Really nice, maybe you should link this post to a mod and it might happen.

Well I'm not sure why they haven't done it, this would need to be tested also for mobile browsers for example. The worst would be, it doesn't work for old browsers but I don't think why we should care about it.

You could also have an icon for "display spoiler" instead of text, and have it prior to the spoiler instead of after. It's pretty easy to implement. (Which mod would be interested in this?)

Add:

DPxn9bF.gif
This is a test spoiler.

Here's the result:
lQHXtzh.gif

This is only a crude CSS only solution I did in 2 mins (edit: 3 minutes), so this could be made better, it doesn't even take into account whether there's actually an image inside it or not. Of course this needs users to wrap the images in spoiler tag but I guess this could be pretty easily implemented by NeoGAF website itself. Actually you wouldn't even need the ::after content, but I added it for cases where img is the only thing inside the span tag so there's something clickable. (You could work around it by setting opacity and size...)

For the love of neogaf mods, start using this as law!

jett

D-Member
CI2CvhCUkAAVqLQ.jpg:large

His body is ready

I've got bad feelings about this game without Amy Hennig, it's like a Metal gear without Kojima

This is nonsense because one, ND works in a much more collaborative manner than Kojima, and two, Bruce Straley was the game director of Uncharted 2 for fuck's sake.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It's like Sully told a really, really fucking good joke earlier that day and Drake's been randomly remembering and laughing about it to himself throughout.

convo

Say what you want about UC3 , that final sequence still looks amazing. I can only imagine what else they've got in store.

Ricky_R

CI2CvhCUkAAVqLQ.jpg:large

His body is ready

This is nonsense because one, ND works in a much more collaborative manner than Kojima, and two, Bruce Straley was the game director of Uncharted 2 for fuck's sake.

All over my [insert any part of the body]

hesido

You can make all images including gifs appear as links in the user control panel.

Control Panel > Edit Options > Show images (untick).

Nice tip. Still the ability to hide images using spoiler tags would be nice!

Edit: That screenshot with Drake is not really a flattering one.. I'm sure the smirk on his face is with reason but I don't think this is a nice instant to tease.

I expect the full video will be up immediately after it finishes on PlayStation's YouTube channel. And yeah, avoid Twitch chat, just had the Arkham Knight's identity spoiled for me.

I wonder if youtube will do anything to combat chat spamming when they launch youtube gaming. Maybe they will have mod bots?

I hope that's mud and not

pile_of_shit.gif

definitely mud. There was a gif that showed off a snippet of the E3 demo not shown to the public where mud was being slung all over the place, and in true ND fashion it was god tier mud. Think motorstorm on PS3 level mud... but on weeeeddddd.

Top Bottom