• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 FULL E3 Video July 1st!

KyleCross

I've got bad feelings about this game without Amy Hennig, it's like a Metal gear without Kojima

Opposite for me. My hype jumped when she left and Neil and Bruce came back onto the team. Uncharted 3 without Neil and Bruce and with Amy Hennig purposely writing the story around set pieces (something she confessed) very clumsy like resulted in a very disappointing entry.

What happened to Uncharted 4 is LITERALLY the best thing that could've happened.

reKon

Banned
I can't believe I'm going to have to disable photos and gifs in GAF for the next 6 months just to avoid getting this game spoiled. It's really kind of pathetic.

If you didn't like the first half you wont like the second half... It was incredible, but like always Gaf has hyped it up to an ungodly amount and then watching it on youtube half sized at 360p with Kanye playing in the background is not going to be as crazy as seeing it in a theater being played live.

It was like an extra 5-10 minutes, some people here are acting like it was an extra hour.

Ha, that's how Gaf works, all exclusive games have people ready to tear it apart.

Surprisingly enough I'm pleasantly surprised at the good vibes UC4 is getting in general here.

As for the bold, I believe my face will still be melted under such terrible viewing conditions.

Mariolee

I can't believe I'm going to have to disable photos and gifs in GAF for the next 6 months just to avoid getting this game spoiled. It's really kind of pathetic.

I feel like it's even more pathetic for people to complain about making all GAF users stop talking about and sharing gifs of officially released and sanctioned gameplay from the devs themselves just to serve the needs of the few who aren't willing to simply get off NeoGAF or turn off pics.

This isn't to you specifically but to everyone going on media blackout: I totally respect what you guys are doing but I feel it's unfair to complain about people who are essentially just talking about commercials in the form of gameplay clips. As someone who has previously gone on media blackout, if you wanna do it in this day and age you gotta put in the work.

Edit: I also don't get the complaint of these gifs from these gameplay vids being used in other threads that much because if it happens, it's usually just two seconds if that of out-of-context gameplay.

If you didn't like the first half you wont like the second half... It was incredible, but like always Gaf has hyped it up to an ungodly amount and then watching it on youtube half sized at 360p with Kanye playing in the background is not going to be as crazy as seeing it in a theater being played live.

It was like an extra 5-10 minutes, some people here are acting like it was an extra hour.

GAF isn't the ones hyping this up, it's every game journalist who has seen it has been hyping the demo's praises.

reKon

Banned
I feel like it's even more pathetic for people to complain about making all GAF users stop talking about and sharing gifs of officially released and sanctioned gameplay from the devs themselves just to serve the needs of the few who aren't willing to simply get off NeoGAF or turn off pics.

This isn't to you specifically but to everyone going on media blackout: I totally respect what you guys are doing but I feel it's unfair to complain about people who are essentially talking about commercials. As someone who has previously gone on media blackout, if you wanna do it in this day and age you gotta put in the work.

I really wouldn't care about much if it was confined to ND or UC4 related threads, but I know it's going to be all of the place in other threads that aren't even related in any way.

orioto

Good Art™

I never really get that spoiler thing.. They know their game, and if they show something like that, they know there is way way more in the game. They control what they tease or not. Maybe the sequence won't even be the exact same in the game.

bumpkin

I have a relative amount of faith that ND won't spoil the most spectacular part of the game in an E3 demo, so I'm gonna watch. I have to. I want to be in awe.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I have a relative amount of faith that ND won't spoil the most spectacular part of the game in an E3 demo, so I'm gonna watch. I have to. I want to be in awe.

When it releases we'll suddenly realise that what we are about to watch is one of the smaller set pieces. Believe.

Mariolee

I really wouldn't care about much if it was confined to ND or UC4 related threads, but I know it's going to be all of the place in other threads that aren't even related in any way.

But I mean...is it really? And if it is, how much does it really spoil. I guess I'm gonna need an actual recent example.
I'm just not understanding.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Tempted to watch, but a live twitch stream with dodgy quality is not the place to do that. Hopefully they'll put out a high quality version afterwards.

I don't mind from a spoiler point of view - this will be one nice set piece but there will be others. And it'll feel completely different to actually play it next year.

Think about what you are doing here people... You are spoiling a major moment in the last Naughty Dog Uncharted game for a long while.

They are showing it to us. If it was so sensitive they wouldn't do that. In terms of spoilers I'm not expecting anyone to die - more like we see someone we didn't expect from an earlier game or something

reKon

Banned
I never really get that spoiler thing.. They know their game, and if they show something like that, they know there is way way more in the game. They control what they tease or not. Maybe the sequence won't even be the exact same in the game.

This wasn't the case for the Uncharted 2 hotel scene, Uncharted 3 boat scene, or Uncharted 3 Plane scene.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
This wasn't the case for the Uncharted 2 hotel scene, Uncharted 3 boat scene, or Uncharted 3 Plane scene.

But in those scenes you could only play them one way. It's already been mentioned that in the demo he took a different route and ended up in a traffic jam. Did you see any other cars in that demo? NO, so the area must be pretty broad and varied.

Javin98

Banned
I don't really get why some people are making this a big deal. If you wanna skip it, then cool, good for you, but most of us, myself included still want to watch it. It's just one of several setpieces in the game. It'll most likely not make most of us enjoy the game less.

reKon

Banned
I don't really get why some people are making this a big deal. If you wanna skip it, then cool, good for you, but most of us, myself included still want to watch it. It's just one of several setpieces in the game. It'll most likely not make most of us enjoy the game less.

This issue here isn't with people watching and enjoying the gameplay clip. The issue is with people spamming gifs in random threads until the game actually releases.

GAF isn't the ones hyping this up, it's every game journalist who has seen it has been hyping the demo's praises.
I know, I saw it and it was awesome. But I think a lot of people are taking it as, "even if I didnt like the first half, the second half will make up for it!". If you don't really like Uncharted, you don't really like Uncharted. The second half is just more of the same, but more intimate and taken to some new extremes.

It was my experience of the show and I screamed out loud in the theaters. But I also did that for the first half as well... Just saying always temper expectations!

Also most of us who saw it also sat through a 30 minute slow video of Last Guardian (which was nice!), so it just made it more exciting.

So glad I get to see it again today!

Javin98

Banned
This issue here isn't with people watching and enjoying the gameplay clip. The issue is with people spamming gifs in random threads until the game actually releases.
I know what you mean, but I don't see how an extended demo showcasing one of several setpieces can be considered a spoiler or impact anyone's enjoyment of the game.

Javin98

Banned
You Americans are so lucky. ND will be streaming this at 2 a.m. here in Malaysia. Then again, I never planned to watch it on Twitch. Hopefully, the first time I watch it will be the Gamersyde version.

Uhhh that's still player choice being expanded lol.

Especially considering previous Uncharted games.

This isn't an open world game man.

I'm aware. I'm just saying that if you watch this demo, you gonna be seeing pretty much the entire broad strokes and player possibilities. Maybe when you play you turn left instead of right before it leads back to the same road 4 seconds later, or punch a guy instead of shooting him, but all the beats will be laid out for you like all the previous E3 demos. They're not gonna radically change this hugely expensive and time consuming set piece before release.

reKon

Banned
I know what you mean, but I don't see how an extended demo showcasing one of several setpieces can be considered a spoiler or impact anyone's enjoyment of the game.

Well playing through the game fresh for the first time really enhances the entire experience IMO. There was no need to show the hotel set piece for Uncharted 2 to sell people on the game. I ranked that as the best set piece in that entire game and ND decided to show the entire sequence. When actually playing through the game, I already knew the portion of the game coming up and it didn't have as strong of an effect on me.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I know, I saw it and it was awesome. But I think a lot of people are taking it as, "even if I didnt like the first half, the second half will make up for it!".

Who is saying that? I think the prevailing sentiments are "UC4 looks great, I want to see the rest of this!" or "I don't want too much spoiled, I'm sitting this one out."

Who is it that thinks this super secret footage is going to change their mind on the franchise?

Top Bottom