• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 FULL E3 Video July 1st!

Ricky_R

ezgif-919605687.gif

xRIlNZo.jpg

Thanks DieH@rd ;)

drotahorror

It's really good and I can't wait for everyone else to see it. Hell, I've wanted to see it a second time since I saw it at E3.

Those hoping to see Elena will get about 4 or 5 seconds of their wish if this is exactly the same demo shown on the showfloor at E3.

What you will see is a lot of mud, set piece after set piece, fire, explosions, and a shit ton of close calls. It really is spectacular!

In that case it sounds like a good thing to skip. Don't really want to spoil a ton of set pieces.

Wabba

Does anybody know how many hours that is left?

edit, didn't see the counter on the last page, silly me!

foxbeldin

I've got bad feelings about this game without Amy Hennig, it's like a Metal gear without Kojima

I don't get all the praise she gets here. Her work method on UC3 was really weird and the story suffered from it imo. She wasn't bad, but she's not irreplaceable.

I've got bad feelings about this game without Amy Hennig, it's like a Metal gear without Kojima

Last of US team using same story of Amy with just some tweaks they prefer and I'm sure it will be better than Amy version because we have already seen Last of US team proving themselves with a great story.

Nah.

The good thing with ND is it's really not one visionary leading the whole team across all aspects like it is with Koji-san

Druckman and Straley lead story and gameplay design respectively but with huge involvement from the ND team.

I remember at this E3 Straley opined how they encourage the whole team to "shit" on each others work to ultimately create a higher quality product,
something that's been increasing since the Crash days.

Plus their track record speaks for itself by this point I think :p

PSX erased any real concern I had in terms of gameplay. When I saw that gameplay reveal, I'm like "yup, Bruce is still da best."

E3 erased the last doubts in regards to Neil Druckmann delivering on the story. What I saw was basically Neil recognizing the moment-to-moment story beats and most importantly, still capture the character moment of who Drake and co. are.

Super confident it's going to be the best Uncharted, easily.

I'm going to watch it. I know I shouldn't, but as long as the internet exists it's going to impossible to avoid the extended footage, so I'm not even going to try.

nib95

Banned
PSX erased any real concern I had in terms of gameplay. When I saw that gameplay reveal, I'm like "yup, Bruce is still da best."

E3 erased the last doubts in regards to Neil Druckmann delivering on the story. What I saw was basically Neil recognizing the moment-to-moment story beats and most importantly, still capture the character moment of who Drake and co. are.

I can't see it topping Uncharted 2...

DieH@rd

Banned

What I really appreciate that even in this hectic set pieces, players have more direct control of the game than in previous Uncharted titles.

Double the time.

And more importantly, we will most likely see 1st half of the demo played differently [alternate car routes].

Do we know if the demo picks up where the E3 one ended or are they going to show the first part again, albeit hopefully with a slightly different take?

What I really appreciate that even in this hectic set pieces, players have more direct control of the game than in previous Uncharted titles.

And more importantly, we will most likely see 1st half of the demo played differently [alternate car routes].

That gives me hope.

Javin98

Banned
I can't see it topping Uncharted 2...
I think this would boil down to the individual's taste. If the story is as compelling as TLOU and the game offers large maps and great gunplay, then it may end up being the best game in the series to me as well.

Jigolo

I don't understand why you guys even bother to reply to that post. It's so obvious if you've been on this forum for more than 2 weeks.

I think this would boil down to the individual's taste. If the story is as compelling as TLOU and the game offers large maps and great gunplay, then it may end up being the best game in the series to me as well.

I've got a good feeling this will release as the highest rated Uncharted to date
but who knows

The only sure thing is the review thread will be a mess haha.

I don't understand why you guys even bother to reply to that post. It's so obvious if you've been on this forum for more than 2 weeks.

Very true.

We know some folks just come to concern troll certain games.

Javin98

Banned
I've got a good feeling this will release as the highest rated Uncharted to date
but who knows

The only sure thing is the review thread will be a mess haha.
LOL, I think we'll see a few "map's pretty big, but it's not open world, so 8/10" reviews. These days, I prefer not to rely on journalists to rate the games.

Psykoboy2

In that case it sounds like a good thing to skip. Don't really want to spoil a ton of set pieces.

Well, it's all one thing strung together based on what you've already seen. It doesn't jump around, but follows one single event. It's just...there SO MUCH in this one single event. Dragging through the mud, jumping from vehicle to vehicle. Vehicles catching fire, motorcycle escapes, a chase sequence that tops the one from Uncharted 2 (not the train sequence).

I mean, skip it if you want, but this sequence spoils VERY LITTLE of the game's story and just as much of what you'll probably expect as far as the action is concerned.

AKyemeni

The UC3 guy.

Sorry. :(
This is the best news. I don't want a multiplayer like TLOU for Uncharted. Have someone that knows about Uncharted multiplayer with experience. Besides, all the MP designers from TLOU will be working on UC4 multiplayer anyway.

Servbot24

Banned
LOL, I think we'll see a few "map's pretty big, but it's not open world, so 8/10" reviews. These days, I prefer not to rely on journalists to rate the games.

I'm hoping that there's enough open world fatigue and enough perspective to realize that open world games actually aren't very good by now that this won't be a thing. But it's certainly easy to picture.

foxbeldin

This is the best news. I don't want a multiplayer like TLOU for Uncharted. Have someone that knows about Uncharted multiplayer with experience. Besides, all the MP designers from TLOU will be working on UC4 multiplayer anyway.

I think the UC2 multiplayer was better than in UC3. And that's why the sad face.

Javin98

Banned
I'm hoping that there's enough open world fatigue and enough perspective to realize that open world games actually aren't very good by now that this won't be a thing. But it's certainly easy to picture.
Me too. There have been way too many open world games lately. I would love more linear games but with open ended gameplay featuring large maps this gen.

If you didn't like the first half you wont like the second half... It was incredible, but like always Gaf has hyped it up to an ungodly amount and then watching it on youtube half sized at 360p with Kanye playing in the background is not going to be as crazy as seeing it in a theater being played live.

It was like an extra 5-10 minutes, some people here are acting like it was an extra hour.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
If you didn't like the first half you wont like the second half... It was incredible, but like always Gaf has hyped it up to an ungodly amount and then watching it on youtube half sized at 360p with Kanye playing in the background is not going to be as crazy as seeing it in a theater being played live.

Who hyped it up? Pretty sure it was all the extra special people who got to see it at E3 and tell everyone all about how mindblowing it was.

Are you preemptively trying to stem the backlash against all the journalists who overhyped the thing because they wouldn't be held accountable for their reactions until a later date?

Top Bottom