• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 preview thread. New footage/info

Cross-posting about the IGN video preview:

Her comment about the rope is baffling. The rope is downright OP in multiplayer just so much fun to use. She mentioned it never felt advantageous compared to the normal skill set and proceeds to show a clip with Drake on the ground, looking at a wooden post and just climbing up the wall, completely ignoring the fact that the post was put between two elevated platforms so you can swing BETWEEN them, not upwards.

This isn't a Batman game, lady.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Do they say from how early into the game the preview is? Wondering how much I want spoil myself looking at the videos.

It's chapter 10. If this one has the same number of chapters as the older ones this footage is like little less than 1/2 into the game.

Turkoop

Banned
kRXqnY.gif

MORE FYLING DRAKE

Loudninja

Driving from one point to another can be inherently boring if there aren't enemies to evade or fight along the way, so Naughty Dog decided to make the terrain you traverse part of the engagement. While there might be some situations where persistence and messing with video game physics allows you to cross seemingly insurmountable areas, the section of Uncharted 4 that I played in a vehicle felt as authentic to the experience of driving an actual 4x4 as one could imagine. The surfaces you drive over react to your vehicle; mud, in this area, proved to be especially tricky.
We don't want you to see a volcano and then drive in a straight line to it or even if you make the path winding, at some point it loses interest," said Druckmann, noting, "This was going back to the original vision of Uncharted. We wanted you to go back to these uncharted locations, be lost in them, and then have to make your way through. Obviously [for past games] we were limited by hardware, time and resources. This game, we felt like we could finally realize those ideas."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04...be-the-payoff-for-nathan-drakes-journey?watch

d9b

Banned
In-game character faces and animations certainly pale compared to this month's beautiful Xbox exclusive, Quantum Break, but Uncharted fans may prefer the polygonal budget being spent on those incredible views anyway.
Shots fired?

Must. Avoid. All. Media.

These GIFS are incredible. Think I'll just read a few previews and call it a day. The game is so close, I don't want to spoil myself!

Loudninja

Walpurgis

Banned
MUST RESIST TO WATCH, WANT TO BE SURPRISED....AHHHHH
I know that feel but we need to be honest with ourselves. There is still more than a month left before release. Are you confident that you can resist for that entire time? I'm certainly not so screw it.

Is there a video where someone used the Jeep in the combat?

The Kinda Funny preview talks about how Tim's playthrough had him running guys over with the Jeep, but he quickly got over-run since he drove into the combat zone.

Unfortunately, they're showing Greg's playthrough so that isn't on there.

FelipeMGM

There is no video (as far as I know) outside of the official one from Sony. And this one doesn't show any jeep combat.

Nah dude, a bunch of the videos are different. Its journos and previewers playing it, its not the same b-roll for everybody

Fuck this game looks great. even more hyped for the game if that is possible. Hurry up May 10.

Treasure sounds are still the same.

and holly shit, i didnt even think of the rope being used to help solve puzzles, thats great.

FelipeMGM

The Kinda Funny preview talks about how Tim's playthrough had him running guys over with the Jeep, but he quickly got over-run since he drove into the combat zone.

Unfortunately, they're showing Greg's playthrough so that isn't on there.

Yeah, Im watching KF preview right now. They have Tim's gameplay recorded right? Maybe they should upload that as well

I wouldn't worry too much about spoilers. I think they specifically selected this section just so they could show off all of the new gameplay elements without it ever really touching on story stuff.

Wait what? they say enemies can't hear the vehicle and the enemy reaction is bad.

Like here

2016-04-0416_16_51-unprp1x.png

and here

2016-04-0416_17_05-unwnpmu.png

the enemy didn't even see Nate or heard how his bro got knocked the fuck out right in front of him. I really hope they just toned down the enemy AI for those previews.

The GIF of this section posted a few posts above yours looks fine to me. The only issue might be the disconnect between how much sound it makes vs how close you are to the enemy but I haven't watched the video to be able to judge.

Also, LOL @ the QB comparison. I don't have a laughing gif appropriate enough.

Yeah, Im watching KF preview right now. They have Tim's gameplay recorded right? Maybe they should upload that as well

Not sure. They mentioned that Sony asked them to record the second playthrough so it would be a less cumbersome video. Not sure if they recorded both.

FelipeMGM

I wouldn't worry too much about spoilers. I think they specifically selected this section just so they could show off all of the new gameplay elements without it ever really touching on story stuff.

Did you hear anything about them releasing this demo on PSN before the game. Prob not right?

Oh my god that looks fucking amazing.

Game play looks to be a little repetitive maybe in the long run, I expect: driving in semi open area-> look for treasures or continue straight too-> enemies and engagement and then on to -> story part, rinse and repeat.

But the chatter was so well done and intuitive, straight naughty dog goodness, it will spice things up and keep the whole thing fresh throughout. As always in nd games, the story and dialogue is what truly makes them what they are.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The GIF of this section posted a few posts above yours looks fine to me. The only issue might be the disconnect between how much sound it makes vs how close you are to the enemy but I haven't watched the video to be able to judge.

That gif doesn't run at a normal speed, it's way faster.

Check out the combat video on Gamersyde. The rope swing takes forever but the guard in front of Drake still doesn't recognize him.

Loudninja

The first gif he saidd "what the" before Drake landed don him the diamond has to fill up.

The second guy call out to him and was about to walk over there but got take out.

Its starts at 13.00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5nfXqffvyc&feature=youtu.be

Top Bottom