• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 preview thread. New footage/info

Walpurgis

Banned
Michael-Jordan-laughing.gif
If true....wow. I did notice that the MP beta graphics were inferior to Battlefront. I guess it is possible but really unlike ND.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Crossing Eden will soon pop here to side with Ars opinion. And not just faces, there's many games out there that have better animation.

Any moment guys, any moment...

Javin98

Banned
Don't read too much into it.
Damn, you stole the exact thing I was gonna post. :p Anyway, guys, I would just laugh at Ars Technica's comparison of QB and UC4. These are the guys who believe the XB1 will somehow catch up to the PS4 sales wise.

Those guys must be blind. Character faces in UC4 look amazingly real considering they were not scanned from real faces.

The ingame faces look brilliant but its hard to deny how fantastic Jack Joyce's in game model looks, like their article says, the gtaphical power has been put to use elsewhere in the screen.

Floody

Wait what? they say enemies can't hear the vehicle and the enemy reaction is bad.

Like here

2016-04-0416_16_51-unprp1x.png

and here

2016-04-0416_17_05-unwnpmu.png

the enemy didn't even see Nate or heard how his bro got knocked the fuck out right in front of him. I really hope they just toned down the enemy AI for those previews.

It's probably on the easiest difficulty, I'd imagine their spot time will be much faster the higher the difficulty, like it was in TLoU. They probably won't hear takedowns though, regardless of how loud it actually sounds (it'd be a nice addition to the highest difficulty).

foxbeldin

Crossing Eden will soon pop here to side with Ars opinion. And not just faces, there's many games out there that have better animation.

Yeah like that game with a dude jumping out a window while literally going through the handrail.

From Ars Technica:

In-game character faces and animations certainly pale compared to this month's beautiful Xbox exclusive, Quantum Break, but Uncharted fans may prefer the polygonal budget being spent on those incredible views anyway.

Hhh.JPG

The shit they smoke, I want that...

Maybe they "accidentally" played Uncharted 2. Happens all the time...

Did you hear anything about them releasing this demo on PSN before the game. Prob not right?

Nah, nothing like that was mentioned. It didn't seem like a specific demo they'd made; the PS4 I played on had like 15 saves all starting at the same chapter stored on it. I think it was probably final code because they took the controller off me once I got to a certain point, even though I could have "technically" kept playing.

Wait what? they say enemies can't hear the vehicle and the enemy reaction is bad.

Like here

and here

the enemy didn't even see Nate or heard how his bro got knocked the fuck out right in front of him. I really hope they just toned down the enemy AI for those previews.

Both guys became alert and where in the process of identifying Nate when he took them out, so it's a question of reaction time. And we have no reason to believe reaction time won't be tweakable through the difficulty setting.

I hope ND lets us play it on Crushing from the get go.

Why even compare U4 to Quantum Break?

Nothing is even coming close to Uncharted 4 in animations or graphics....

That's just calling themselves out for being dumb haha.

foxbeldin

Nah, nothing like that was mentioned. It didn't seem like a specific demo they'd made; the PS4 I played on had like 15 saves all starting at the same chapter stored on it. I think it was probably final code because they took the controller off me once I got to a certain point, even though I could have "technically" kept playing.

Someone i know who was at the preview event told me he asked, and it wasn't the final code.

Walpurgis

Banned

images

Damn, you stole the exact thing I was gonna post. :p Anyway, guys, I would just laugh at Ars Technica's comparison of QB and UC4. These are the guys who believe the XB1 will somehow catch up to the PS4 sales wise.
Oh good. There's still hope then.

M.D

I don't get how you even make that comparison without seeing both next to each other, unless Uncharted 4 is significantly worse which I doubt

jeffram

Like here

2016-04-0416_16_51-unprp1x.png

and here

2016-04-0416_17_05-unwnpmu.png

Kinda funny explained the gameplay mechanics.

White bar fills up as they notice drake, turns yellow when they are aware of something and orange when they are fully aware of where drake is.

You can see as he swings towards the first guy, the white bar begins to fill up and even turns yellow, but its not enough time for him to go into "alert" mode and react. Then, the other guy does hear it, as he turns yellow but doesn't see it.

Kinda funny explained the gameplay mechanics.

White bar fills up as they notice drake, turns yellow when they are aware of something and orange when they are fully aware of where drake is.

You can see as he swings towards the first guy, the white bar begins to fill up and even turns yellow, but its not enough time for him to go into "alert" mode. Then, the other guy does hear it, as he turns yellow but doesn't see it.

Yea, that makes sense.

And I would assume it's tied to difficulty level.

Edit: And I'll be one to say, even just on a model to model level, I think UC4 is more impressive then QB. I've spent quite a bit of time looking at footage of both, and I just don't see QB being more impressive in the facial model and animation department. But I suppose I'll see tomorrow when I finally get to play it on PC.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Both guys became alert and where in the process of identifying Nate when he took them out, so it's a question of reaction time. And we have no reason to believe reaction time won't be tweakable through the difficulty setting.

I hope ND lets us play it on Crushing from the get go.

"in the process", those aren't supposed to be robots, when i hear someone got knocked out right in front of me i don't react like i heard some water bottle falling of the table.

Yeah let's hope it's was just on very easy difficulty.

FelipeMGM

I see.

I just cant fucking wait anymore, need this in my system ASAP.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
So cool to see this camaraderie

Top Bottom