• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 preview thread. New footage/info

CfNGRrNVIAErKn7.jpg

amazing stuff

Great to see! Both these games are raising the bar!

]It's probably on the easiest difficulty, I'd imagine their spot time will be much faster the higher the difficulty, like it was in TLoU. [/B]They probably won't hear takedowns though, regardless of how loud it actually sounds (it'd be a nice addition to the highest difficulty).

I hope so because the Ai looked really stupid in some of the vids.

Neiteio

I hope they recorded incidental dialogue for when I spend an hour out of the jeep taking screenshots of mud puddles shimmering in the sunlight, 'cuz that's what I'm gonna do

Marking enemies looks tasteful, reaction meter looks tacky as hell, gonna be the first thing I turn off while playing. AI could have reacted a bit faster too, other than that it looks freaking amazing, can't wait.

ButchCat

That yellow enemy highlighting thing with the diamond on top of their heads is really annoying. I hope you can turn it off.

Videos I played, different routes and different play styles.
There are probably more than 5 locations hidden to be found, as far as I know.

Playthrough 1: Using every gun to kill
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/72VFbUzULGY/

Playthrough 2: Assassinate at first, melee later.
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/RVGj-o8v5Ew/

So they are different playthroughs then from all those previews. the offcial one is 16 mns while the otehrs are 18mns or 19mns, yours 22mns etc.

Its been explain already that diamond has to fill up before they notice doing this section.

Yeah but at some point Nate just flies up to a guy (he can see him coming at him) and the reaction is waaaaay tooo late.

Anyway, i don't want to bitch about it too much because i honestly can't wait to play this game. Preordered and i will love it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yeah... These facial animations aren't impressive to me at all. I mean, it looks good, but it doesn't look like real human faces in how they move (the mouths in particular). Which maybe was your point?

Yep, especially Monaghan's character looks awful here.

DavidDesu

Watching the PlayStation Access video and it's giving me serous Halo 1 warthog vibes. Love it. Love that we'll be getting some proper open exploration at our own pace with secret little caves to find etc. I'm going to enjoy this so much!

Conduit

Banned
Quantum Break easily has the best facial animations I ever saw. Really impressive. Maybe the best part of the game, lol.

Eeeem, nope. From every video i saw, facials are pretty higher league in U4, especialy those wrinkles, skin deformation and others.

I can't believe what Ars Technica said. What are they smoking.

Yeah... These facial animations aren't impressive to me at all. I mean, it looks good, but it doesn't look like real human faces in how they move (the mouths in particular). Which maybe was your point?

To me The Order looks much better and believable. Quantum is probably a better game.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Crossing Eden will soon pop here to side with Ars opinion. And not just faces, there's many games out there that have better animation.

Any moment guys, any moment...
Nice shitpost. Anyway, nothing i've seen from UC4 has looked more natural than this incredible moment from Quantum Break's later sections. I've already praised UC4 without resorting to hyperbole like "it's levels above everything else" because that's bull imho. Especially with games like SC and Hellblade coming soon.

nib95

Banned
The Gamersyde footage is definitely the cleanest and highest quality in terms of bitrate, even though it's still far from perfect. Some of the lighting and textures though, just immense. I'm still shocked they've managed this sort of graphical fidelity with the kind of scale being shown off in this level.

v0KGDb.jpg

eN6vAc.jpg

tDCQyz.jpg

KTp5AQ.jpg

gy34A8.jpg

Osahi

Monaghan really stands out in a bad way in Quantum Break. It's like he's the only one they couldn't get right. If you see the facial animations and lip synch elsewhere it's simply brilliant in QB. Like I said, it is the only thing that left me really impressed in that game.

Are they better then Uncharted 4's? Well, one can only judge when having played it I guess (Elena's frown in the trailer is something else ofcourse, wow), but QB is a high bar to reach.

Still holding of seeing these walktroughs of U4 btw. I think I can save it untill may 10th. But those gifs and screens? Goddamn!

Javin98

Banned
The Gamersyde footage is definitely the cleanest and highest quality in terms of bitrate, even though it's still far from perfect. Some of the lighting and textures though, just immense. I'm still shocked they've managed this sort of graphical fidelity with the kind of scale being shown off in this level.

v0KGDb.jpg

eN6vAc.jpg
I love the color bleeding around the environment. It looks great. Also, it's amazing how there's so little pop in when the environment is littered with foliage.

Someone i know who was at the preview event told me he asked, and it wasn't the final code.

Ahh, fair play. It seemed to me like it was the final disc with saves lined up for the chapter they wanted us to play, but I didn't ask so there's a good chance I'm wrong. :)

Osahi

Eeeem, nope. From every video i saw, facials are pretty higher league in U4, especialy those wrinkles, skin deformation and others.

I can't believe what Ars Technica said. What are they smoking.

I haven't played Uncharted 4 yet, and just saw the trailers (where the facial animations are top notch), so I'd rather not judge yet. I can just say I was really impressed by the facial animations in QB (and even more so as you see the real actors in the live action cut scenes too and can compare).

Graphically Uncharted 4 will blow QB out of the park, and story- and gameplaywise Naughty Dog will need to have a really bad day to not top Remedy's latest, though.

Best rendered flowers in any game ever seen. No other games rendered flowers in such details, all the others were just billboards.

Top Bottom