• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 preview thread. New footage/info

Nice shitpost. Anyway, nothing i've seen from UC4 has looked more natural than this incredible moment from Quantum Break's later sections. I've already praised UC4 without resorting to hyperbole like "it's levels above everything else" because that's bull imho. Especially with games like SC and Hellblade coming soon.

for fuck sake
next time make it clear that you are posting late game stuff

don't open the link if you don't want to be spoiled on QB

edit. see you edited the post

DavidDesu

To me The Order looks much better and believable. Quantum is probably a better game.

To be honest nothing beats LA Noire to this day, though I've not seen much of Quantum Break so I'm probably wrong on that. Uncharted and TLOU look good... but yeah I don't feel like they're convincing human beings in the way LA Noire's looked surprisingly realistic and surging past the Uncanney Valley area many games verge on.

Gskyace

So they are different playthroughs then from all those previews. the offcial one is 16 mns while the otehrs are 18mns or 19mns, yours 22mns etc.

I think if I can find out all the hidden treasures, the video would be around 30min to 35min.
The official video ends earlier than the others'. Other than the official video, all the playthroughs from media start and end the same.

FlippantBrokenIrishdraughthorse.gif
Is it the lighting that makes this stand out so much?

I'm not a graphics whore and only really notice 'this looks good' or 'this looks bad' but this gif just looks fucking fantastic.

Nice shitpost. Anyway, nothing i've seen from UC4 has looked more natural than [SPOILER REMOVED]. I've already praised UC4 without resorting to hyperbole like "it's levels above everything else" because that's bull imho. Especially with games like SC and Hellblade coming soon.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything? Why are we even talking about Quantum Break in this thread outside of off-the-cuff comparisons?

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Nice shitpost. Anyway, nothing i've seen from UC4 has looked more natural than [looks like it was a spoiler, removed] this incredible moment from Quantum Break. I've already praised UC4 without resorting to hyperbole like "it's levels above everything else" because that's bull imho.

It was only a joke man, take it easy.

That scene it's really good, but i can't personally say that it's better than the gif were Drake is thinking far away while Sam talks to him):

This one:
uc39a82e.gif

Sorry if the post was offensive. It's just that like 3 or 4 times that someone mentioned how good U4 animations were you came in.

Conduit

Banned
I haven't played Uncharted 4 yet, and just saw the trailers (where the facial animations are top notch), so I'd rather not judge yet. I can just say I was really impressed by the facial animations in QB (and even more so as you see the real actors in the live action cut scenes too and can compare).

Doesn't mean if some devs using real actors for real characters in some game, facials would be better.

Does that also mean experience is better because game has real actors? No.

You know I wonder if Uncharted 4 & Quantum Break were both multi-plat would they still be compared?
giphy.gif

It's only being compared to satisfy the c-wars. Nobody who wants to play both games really cares, some games look better than others, whoop-dee-doo, that happens all the time. QB looks awesome too.

Game looks fantastic. As someone who bought the first Uncharted way back in 2007 I'm going to be really sad this series ends, especially as the gameplay has evolved since the last one with the stealth, driving and rope swinging. Better to go out with a bang than a whimper I guess.

Differing opinions at work here: I like how that looks but it doesn't look as natural as the UC4 stuff. Far too stylized for my tastes. UC comes across as far more realistic.

No way Quantum Break even in that scene he mentioned looked any close to U4 in terms of hair filtering, details, let alone facial animations and animations. What may get many people confused about Quantum Break looking more realistic is that the devs longed for a realistic look for the game but failed in that and fell in the uncanny valley dilemma so easily while Uncharted 4 retained its cartoony look but with more details and more realistic ones too.

Nice shitpost. Anyway, nothing i've seen from UC4 has looked more natural than this incredible moment from Quantum Break's later sections. I've already praised UC4 without resorting to hyperbole like "it's levels above everything else" because that's bull imho. Especially with games like SC and Hellblade coming soon.

See this really nice. However, you are comparing stylish realism (QB) with something that is going for a much more stylised look (U4). U4 is embracing a cartoony look, even when getting pretty close to realism. On that note, sure QB looks more realistic, but I don't think it animates better or more naturally.

Coxy100

Banned
can't wait for this. Am hoping I get enough vouchers for my birthday (november) and christmas to pay for a PS4 so I can play this :)

Looks so promising!

No question it looks fantastic. But are there any 1080p/30fps videos instead of 60fps?

Just would like to see it as it really will be when its running.

rashbeep

Banned
Lol knew that QB comparison would call for a derail.

Game looks fantastic, but I ain't gonna say it's a generation ahead of anything, because it's really not.

ND games always had that high-contrast look, even with TLoU's more muted colours. It's the style of their concept artist, and ND translates their concept art pretty darn well in-game.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
No question it looks fantastic. But are there any 1080p/30fps videos instead of 60fps?

Just would like to see it as it really will be when its running.

The video is only encoded at 60fps (it looks like it gets better bitrate on YT).

The game is still running at 30 (each frame is displayed 2 times)

daveo42

Banned
Those gamersyde pics...whew...that's an insane amount of detail they are pushing on the platform. ND continue to be console wizards.

Looks good, but I'm also getting some serious uncanny valley vibes because everyone was modeled from the actor's face instead of more stylized. But this thread isn't really about this, right?

Memento

OMFG. I watched the official video from the PlayStation channel.

Thoughts:

- This game has the best animations ever. Period.

- The banter is absolutely amazing.

- The openess of the levels are even bigger than I thought. Like, seriously, I am impressed.

- The sense of discover and adventure is the best in the series yet. The huge areas are a big part of that probably.

- All my doubts about the driving were erradicated with this gameplay. I love how they use the terrain to make things more interesting. It looks like a lot of fun honestly.

- They really refined the combat. The amount of gameplay scenarios that seems to be possible with all the options and the level design are outstanding.

- The graphics are insane.

The only thing I didnt like was the "marking" stuff. But it seems to be optional, thanks God. I am not really opposed to it, but it is so ugly! I think it totally breaks the immersion.

reKon

Banned
I tried to away from this...

Oh boy this game is going to be life.

I hope there's a health mix of the big open levels and smaller close combat levels.

I feel like I need to play MGS V before this because Uncharted 4 might spoil me too much if it ends up being more fun than MGS V.

I love how the banter between the guys seems to continue thoughout the entire demo. No awkward silences like in every other game.

Putty

Stunning. An absolute tour de force...Good lord ND once again raise the bar, a bar that was already incredibly high!

kpaadet

He might have been shitposting but you hilariously proved him right.

You know I wonder if Uncharted 4 & Quantum Break were both multi-plat would they still be compared?
giphy.gif
We haven't seen as many cinematic TPS this gen as last so not many to compare to (still probably wasn't needed in that Ars Tech preview). Also many compares The Division to Destiny AssCreed to Batman/Shadow of Mordor, Watch Dogs to GTA etc, so yes plenty of multi platform games gets compared.

AdanVC

FACK! I just watched a little bit of the new gameplay and it looks amazing! With this and FFXV, is going to be difficult af to choose a GOTY.

reKon

Banned
I tried to away from this. Technically, I haven't watched any videos yet, but I'm so weak right now...

This game is going to be life...

I hope there's a health mix of the big open levels and smaller close combat levels.

I feel like I need to play MGS V before this because Uncharted 4 might spoil me too much if it ends up being more fun than MGS V.

Also, there's no fucking way I'm playing this with marking mode on. They should be very clear about enabling/disabling this when they do their whole combat encounter tutorial in game. TLoU on hard with listening mode off was the perfect difficulty and one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had in my existence.

KORNdoggy

Differing opinions at work here: I like how that looks but it doesn't look as natural as the UC4 stuff. Far too stylized for my tastes. UC comes across as far more realistic.

QB looks like infamous second son to me in regards to facial capture. it's so deep within uncanny vally that it's set up a little home and they've carved out some farmland to live off.

uncharted, as with all naughty dog games i feel have a pixar quality (no doubt stemming from the keyframe hand animation they do, even on top of their captured performances) they look more realistic now visually thanks to the SS shaders and added detail, now more then ever, but they're exaggeratedly expressive and have movements that are very stylistic. it prevents them feeling weird, you just appreciate them as characters the same way you do woody and buzz from toy story. QB goes into weird-ville where it's trying to trick me into thinking it's real (the fact they're real actors doesn't help), but it's not good enough to do that yet. QB feels like digital Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy.

Top Bottom