• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted Collection demo up in PS Store Worldwide

Just finished it an hour ago. Boy the 60fps was a definite feature that was missing. I expected mexh experience but the controls & aiming were top notch. I haven't had this much fun hipfiring for a long time now. I can pull of head shots and can seamlessly go in and out of encounters far better than I did back on the PS3 (this means going crushing mode for a proper challenge).

The game definitely ages well, especially with the 60fps update. The higher resolution brought in a sharper more vivid IQ. It took awhile to get accustomed to the control format after playing Destiny and TLOU but it clicked immediately. Replaying it only makes me more excited for the remaster.

The only worry right now is U4. I don't thinkni can stomach 30fps if a 6 year old experience is holding extremely well with its control schemes. The previous generation was not as responsive and sluggish in comparison. Hell, i'm actually enjoying it moe than TLOU remaster which was quite the opposite last-gen. 60fps really is a game changer for me, i can't believe I was actually content last gen.

Jtrizzy

I'm gonna get slaughtered in here by saying I miss an option to run the game at 30fps.

Feels strange and "arcadey". Like it better with frame pacing that approaches movie. Also ignored 60fps in TloU.

Did you turn on camera motion blur in the options for this? That might give a more cinematic look.

dci260

Havnt played the demo yet, but your left analog stick might be fucked up. One of my dual shock 4s left analog stick won't register in that same spot. It's a well known problem with the controller.
The controllers at my local gamestop's kiosk have that issue, to the point where the games are unplayable. The ones i own personally i've never had an issue with though.

Well, shit. Looks like I'm going to have to test my controller in some other games, thanks for the heads up.

Symphonia

Banned
Nathan Drake Collection: Uncharted 2 Demo

Just a short playthrough of the demo. It's only 720p, unfortunately, as it was recorded directly via the Share button. I am hoping to get some sort of proper capture hardware/software so I can record in 1080p/60FPS. Anyway, even at 720p, you can tell there's one hell of a difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
That helicopter battle was a lot lamer than I remember. And you guys complain about humans being bullet sponges ;)

That, along with
the final encounter with Lazarevic
, are the only low points of the game IMO. Neither are fun and go on for far too long.

Symphonia

Banned
That helicopter battle was a lot lamer than I remember. And you guys complain about humans being bullet sponges ;)
I died the first time, but only because I forgot where the launcher ammunation was placed on the rooftops. Second attempt was easy. Shoot, cover, run, ammo, repeat.

Yes wtf was up with that. It's way way tamer than I remember. Could MGSV have sullied (lol) it for me?
I died the first time, but only because I forgot where the launcher ammunation was placed on the rooftops. Second attempt was easy. Shoot, cover, run, ammo, repeat.
The only reason I died was because I forgot about taking cover haha.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yes wtf was up with that. It's way way tamer than I remember. Could MGSV have sullied (lol) it for me?

The only reason I died was because I forgot about taking cover haha.

seriously...i died a few times because i got impatient thinking...dude there's no way this isn't this last grenade i need to hit it with lol.

Some pics I took today. Such a stunning game, they've done a fantastic job:

tmXIxzc.jpg

UsrBcVe.jpg

abuqcHp.jpg

dbGxsZb.jpg

scitek

I'm gonna get slaughtered in here by saying I miss an option to run the game at 30fps.

Feels strange and "arcadey". Like it better with frame pacing that approaches movie. Also ignored 60fps in TloU.

The 30fps lock in The Last of Us Remastered was awful. It was full of judder.

hawk2025

Having now gone through it, I have absolutely no idea how someone can play this demo and come out thinking the enemies are bullet sponges.

The only explanation I can think of is that they either only kept in memory using the FAL, or were counting how long it took for Chloe to take down an enemy by herself.

Everyone in the demo is an incredibly soft target, save for the helicopter.

mishakoz

Kinda bothered that the demo is so short, especially for a game (or games) that was released before, its not like you are giving a lot away. Would have enjoyed a small slice of each Uncharted 1-3 (I understand to keep downloads low why they didnt), or at the very least, having it end after the puzzle segment in the Temple.

If anything, I feel less inclined to buy the collection now, i wasnt as wowed as I would have liked, however Uncharted is a favorite franchise so we'll see

Oneself

That's 30fps.

I'm currently playing MGSV, Tearaway and Mad Max... And if I want to play MM, I need to play it before the other two because it feels exactly like TLOU's 30fps lock when you're accustomed to 60fps.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
That's 30fps.

Not just the 30fps. Must of been a frame timing issue or something. Felt like the 30fps you get in some PC titles, full of judder.

Not sure what the cause was. The only tarnesh on an otherwise perfect game.

Nozem

I enjoyed the demo, but it didn't make me want to buy the full game. I've played the Uncharted 1-3 too many times i guess.

Can't wait for U4 though.

Thrakier

Do yourself a favor, get used to 60FPS, never look back.

i have played uncharted 2 so many times, and that is the first time i've ever heard that soundbite. i didn't even know she COULD die..lol

this is not the first vid I've seen of this
seems to be a bug, which hopefully has been fixed in the full release
I've completed uncharted 2 several times on ps3 and never encountered this

Just finished it an hour ago. Boy the 60fps was a definite feature that was missing. I expected mexh experience but the controls & aiming were top notch. I haven't had this much fun hipfiring for a long time now. I can pull of head shots and can seamlessly go in and out of encounters far better than I did back on the PS3 (this means going crushing mode for a proper challenge).

The game definitely ages well, especially with the 60fps update. The higher resolution brought in a sharper more vivid IQ. It took awhile to get accustomed to the control format after playing Destiny and TLOU but it clicked immediately. Replaying it only makes me more excited for the remaster.

The only worry right now is U4. I don't thinkni can stomach 30fps if a 6 year old experience is holding extremely well with its control schemes. The previous generation was not as responsive and sluggish in comparison. Hell, i'm actually enjoying it moe than TLOU remaster which was quite the opposite last-gen. 60fps really is a game changer for me, i can't believe I was actually content last gen.
You're worried about this?
Uncharted4SANDBAGS.gif

This "30fps is unplayable" nonsense is just.. . nonsense. The Order 1886 was 30fps and yet that controlled fine, if not as good as 60fps games. The latency people talk about with 30fps is nearly indistinguishable. Not to mention, UC4 looks magnitudes better than UC2/3 remastered.
2886631-9456827517-ocbru.gif

Xav

I played the demo and it looks stunning. 1080p, 60 FPS and a smooth edges make for a god like image quality. Bluepoint have done a superb job yet again.

The gameplay... ermm yeah.

Movement and the aiming feel kind of weird. It's not clunky but it's not precise either, it's kind of hard to explain. Tomb Raider Definitive Edition controls way better and Vanquish shits on both.

I've feeling that the gameplay just takes a while to get used to again. I finished the whole trilogy on PS3 less than two years ago and I thought it played really well at the time. I think after couple of hours of playing the gameplay will feel natural and I don't even pay attention to it.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Damn. This game looks phenomenal with all of the enhancements.

7B4A5A09-5965-48E5-8EA0-28AFF98DE96C_zps7jirs1yg.jpg

Much like TLoU:R, the photo mode will mean I will take dozens of hours extra to complete these games.

Just got the game early from a local store. Will post impressions later on.

Does anyone know what the day 1 patch is supposed to be? It's not up for download yet.

I'll never understand the love for 60fps, it's an absolutely terrible trade off. So happy ND went with 30fps for UC4, the game looks stunning and it would not look anywhere near that at 60fps. I don't know, people on this forum make it that liking 30 over 60fps means the person has a mental disaability, in the real world I know lots of people that prefer 30fps. For TV shows as well it's so distracting, like everything is going at double the speed.

leng jai

I wouldn't say UC2 aged poorly, but I think everyone had it in their head that would be still stand toe to toe with modern titles in 1080p.

FATALITY

Banned
I played the demo and it looks stunning. 1080p, 60 FPS and a smooth edges make for a god like image quality. Bluepoint have done a superb job yet again.

The gameplay... ermm yeah.

Movement and the aiming feel kind of weird. It's not clunky but it's not precise either, it's kind of hard to explain. Tomb Raider Definitive Edition controls way better and Vanquish shits on both.

i hated vanquish shooting.
it felt too light no punch there whatsoever

bombshell

Just got the game early from a local store. Will post impressions later on.

Does anyone know what the day 1 patch is supposed to be? It's not up for download yet.

We only know that it includes:

Minor fixes for stability
Audio and visual improvements
Performance optimizations including tweaks to aiming controls
Minor gameplay bug fixes

jorgejjvr

IIRC:

UC1 is 7-8 hours
UC2 is 10-11 hours
UC3 is 9-10 hours
That's actually pretty short per game

Doesn't affect me too much since I'm paying for the collection which is like paying for one game and getting 3, which totals to about 30+ hours.

However, I kinda hope uncharted 4 is longer

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

I tried it for like a minute and it was awful, it felt so choppy after playing at 60.

Top Bottom