• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted Collection demo up in PS Store Worldwide

It crashed on me right after the first cutscene. No crash since then, though.

It looks good but not TLOU:R good. I guess my expectations weren't realistic, as the Uncharted games didn't look as good as TLOU.

SSReborn

It crashed on me right after the first cutscene. No crash since then, though.

It looks good but not TLOU:R good. I guess my expectations weren't realistic, as the Uncharted games didn't look as good as TLOU.
Better comparison would be Uncharted 3 in terms of graphics if you really wanted to compare.

JB1981

Not sure 60fps is a good fit for this game. The shooting feels tighter but also more hollow than I remember. It looks and runs great but I'm gonna pass.

-griffy-

Banned

Yeah TLOU is the most recent game of all of them and therefore has the stronger base for a remaster. It has all the graphical tricks Naughty Dog learned making Uncharted 1-3, done better, with new stuff on top. Not to mention the scope of any given environment in TLOU is quite a bit smaller in comparison to Uncharted, since you don't have the movement speed and traversal that Uncharted offers. It's a different type of game as well, an encounter with 4 enemies can be crazy and tense, whereas Uncharted will throw 10 guys at you plus a helicopter shooting, blowing stuff up, desks and physics objects flying everywhere, meaning TLOU can make each character model look better.

Papacheeks

Banned
I didnt know one of the criteria for posting your opinion on gaf is to get all technical with it.

breh i just watched the video that was linked saw the gameplay of Uncharted 1 and i thought it looked bad so i expressed my opinion thats it...

i aint out here looking to rustle jimmies

If you want people to actually answer or have a conversation, at least explain a little bit. The poster you were referring too, just said it was the worst TPS he's ever played. While other's kept bringing up gears of war, which are 2 distinctly different styles of games.

I am not asking for technical explanation just detailed ones to back up why someone says it's "shit", or "worst TPS ever".

People who have disliked it now are explaining the floaty animations and what not on a old game. WHich is fine, but other people are straight up putting no effort into their comments which is why they will get trounced.

Your previous post in the other thread, had that stupid michael jordon gif/pic at the end of your comment.

That is straight up trolling, because it wasn't a reaction to someone. You hadn't even played it yourself, but watched a youtube video, and put a stupid meme at the end. Which is why no one besides me even commented on what you said.

And if they don't engage you in conversation, might be because your post comes off as a joke or trolling.

Not sure 60fps is a good fit for this game. The shooting feels tighter but also more hollow than I remember. It looks and runs great but I'm gonna pass.

Yeah Im in the same boat. They were great games at the time but after playing the demo I just feel like the whole experience probably doesnt hold up as well as I would have hoped. The mechanics feel a bit shallow now.

I could definitely see people playing this as their first experience with Uncharted and wondering what the big fuss was about.

the videogamer was making a big deal out of this, but i disagree. 60fps is a welcome addition to uncharted imo

the videogamer was making a big deal out of this, but i disagree. 60fps is a welcome addition to uncharted imo

As it was in TLOU. 60FPS makes everything more fluid and natural. TLOU on PS3 was like playing in slow motion. I tried many times to get into it but couldn't. Got it on PS4 and was a totally different game.

The only complaint I have about Uncharted is the sounds of the guns, they sound weak and lacking impact. Other than that, I will grab this on release.

nib95

Banned
Jesus, the review thread -_-
I think ND threads always become a mess when someone mentions gameplay or something murdering.

Shame it was closed so quickly. There were like what, a handful of posts complaining about that one review? There's been other big review threads recently where there have been nearly 20 posts complaining about a single review and it's reviewer, which still managed to turn out ok, and were left to run their course.

Oh well.

As it was in TLOU. 60FPS makes everything more fluid and natural. TLOU on PS3 was like playing in slow motion. I tried many times to get into it but couldn't. Got it on PS4 and was a totally different game.

The only complaint I have about Uncharted is the sounds of the guns, they sound weak and lacking impact. Other than that, I will grab this on release.
i never played tlou on Ps3, but there was one time on Ps4 where I switched off the 60fps lock, and I didn't like it all because the 60 just felt so much better.

There might be something to what he is saying. I kinda feel like the 60fps might be throwing off the aiming a bit. I actually jumped back into uc2 to compare on ps3 and it doesn't feel like that aiming wise.

I would think that is more aiming sensitivity, not frame rate. They did overhaul the aiming from what I have read. I can't say I noticed anything off about the gunplay outside of it feeling slightly dated.

But nothing about the experience feels off to me at 60fps. It feels better.

Bluenoser

Aiming is easier then ever for me.

I found headshots super easy now with the more responsive aiming. (not sure if it was due to 60fps, but it probably is). I haven't played UC games in a while so I don't remember how the aiming was.

i never played tlou on Ps3, but there was one time on Ps4 where I switched off the 60fps lock, and I didn't like it all because the 60 just felt so much better.

You mean the 30fps lock?

I found headshots super easy now with the more responsive aiming. (not sure if it was due to 60fps, but it probably is). I haven't played UC games in a while so I don't remember how the aiming was.

You mean the 30fps lock?

Yes aiming is much more responsive and easier to aim for the head. I noticed that last night. I hope they add a way to cap it at 30 so people can see the difference first hand.

SSReborn

I would think that is more aiming sensitivity, not frame rate. They did overhaul the aiming from what I have read. I can't say I noticed anything off about the gunplay outside of it feeling slightly dated.

But nothing about the experience feels off to me at 60fps. It feels better.
I feel the movement is better 100 percent but iunno like I said there is a just a slight off feeling to the aiming. I don't know if I'm extra sensitive to it or what. The 60fps thing could be me trying to find justification for why I feel that way.

As it was in TLOU. 60FPS makes everything more fluid and natural. TLOU on PS3 was like playing in slow motion.I tried many times to get into it but couldn't. Got it on PS4 and was a totally different game.

That's because the PS3 version was never perfectly capped at 30fps. At stressful combat situations and big happenings the framerate would drop down to around 25fps.

The Last of Us at 30fps capped on the remastered edition is perfectly playable.

I feel the movement is better 100 percent but iunno like I said there is a just a slight off feeling to the aiming. I don't know if I'm extra sensitive to it or what. The 60fps thing could be me trying to find justification for why I feel that way.

Perhaps you were just used to having to compensate differently when aiming at 30fps. I had that issue in TLOU on PS3. I guess I have a similar issue when playing them at 30fps, aiming feels off.

Uncharted uses an open reticule compared to the aim-dot feature implemented in TR (which , I suspect why there are people who prefer the latter because of its more precise nature). Uncharted is also designed to be a run-and-gun affair - you would be very surprised to see how well this actually works when you consider the open reticule design.

Then there's the fact that Drake is more loose than as a controllable avatar than, let's say, Gears, Dead Space or Tomb Raider. This of course will affect the way aiming works since you lack a more rigid structure for aiming. But if you were to define aiming as it's separate entity, it works more fluidly thanks to the lower latency provided by the 60fps update.

Is anyone else having trouble selecting 5.1 chanels in the audio menu? No matter if I choose home theater, studio or even headphones the only available options are auto(2ch) and 2ch. My 5.1 setup is working perfectly fine outside of the demo.

Jesus, the review thread -_-
I think ND threads always become a mess when someone mentions gameplay or something murdering.

The whole mass murderer thing is such a broken record.

As for aiming, Cave Johnson is right. Uncharted works so much better as a run and gun game. People who play it like Gears of War are doing the game and themselves a disservice.

I was pleasantly surprised the reviews were out this early, somehow I missed that. Seems to be great so far, 87 at the moment in Metacritic. Wasn't as pleasant surprise to notice that you guys were already able to get the review thread locked out..

SSReborn

Uncharted uses an open reticule compared to the aim-dot feature implemented in TR (which , I suspect why there are people who prefer the latter because of its more precise nature). Uncharted is also designed to be a run-and-gun affair - you would be very surprised to see how well this actually works when you consider the open reticule design.

Then there's the fact that Drake is more loose than as a controllable avatar than, let's say, Gears, Dead Space or Tomb Raider. This of course will affect the way aiming works since you lack a more rigid structure for aiming. But if you were to define aiming as it's separate entity, it works more fluidly thanks to the lower latency provided by the 60fps update.
Yeah I'm pretty familiar with the aiming in Uncharted played the hell out of all the games (and a shit load of MP for both 2 and 3) I think it may be an adjustment thing more than anything else for me. They did say there was a day 1 patch that has some aiming fixes so I'm generally curious as to what those will be.

zsynqx

AHH, I go out for the day and missed all the juicy review thread drama. To whichever fools got butthurt over a review score, come on!!! Too predictable.

Reviews as expected, should end up in mid 80s as the series has aged well in some areas and not so well in others and The Last of Us kinda overshadows the first three games showing the true potential of what naughty dog is capable of. Will probably buy on sale for the UC4 beta.

I cannot fathom how anyone can have this opinion. But hey...to each their own.

MGS V looks great and runs great.

I wouldn't put it as harshly as he did, but i would also say that it isn't a great looking game (playing on PS4). It has its moments when it looks really good, like chopper rides to Afghanistan in the morning, or cutscenes, but overall you can see the last gen roots on every corner. Everything is fairly low poly, even the otherwise pretty good looking character models, the dithering on the vegetation is pretty unseemly, the pop-in is very noticeable as soon as you use a vehicle or the horse and the worst thing for me are the textures on distant geometry, which on occasion appear to have PS2 era level of detail. Of course it doesn't help that this is a game where you can zoom in on everything with your binoculars. I say this as someone who has put almost 200 hours into the game and still isn't done with it. The gameplay is fantastic, i love the 60fps, the lighting and particle affects are pretty cool, but most of the time it's just not a great looking game. I understand why it it looks that way, but i had to train myself early on not to pay too much attention to all of that stuff.

mf luder

Yeah I'm pretty familiar with the aiming in Uncharted played the hell out of all the games (and a shit load of MP for both 2 and 3) I think it may be an adjustment thing more than anything else for me. They did say there was a day 1 patch that has some aiming fixes so I'm generally curious as to what those will be.

Have you tried messing with the sensitivity slider in the options?

Quick question about the pre-order skins in the Nathan Drake Pack: Are there any in-game sreenshots of those outfits? The only image of the content in this pack I can find is this one:

18406132776_f0660dc276_z.jpg

I couldn't care less about the golden weapon skins, but I'm wondering if those outfits are worth the 5 bucks extra.

zsynqx

Can someone contact a mod about starting a new review thread, and put it in the thread title that stupidity=ban. It is really disappointing that the thread got closed and all because of a couple of bad eggs.

Loudninja

Can someone contact a mod about starting a new review thread, and put it in the thread title that stupidity=ban. It is really disappointing that the thread got closed and all because of a couple of bad eggs.
No point best to just leave it alone.

Just played the demo and I think it's sublime.
First time players will love it.
60fps feels amazing and the controls are a joy (can't wait to replay U3 without the shitty day one controls).
Game looks amazing. Kudos to BP, they truly are remaster...masters! Ha! :)

Ahh shame, would have been my first review thread as a member and it is one of my fave series.
It boiled down to arguing about whether or not Drake is a mass murderer. Such a stupid comment.

Besides, his quips were there to mirror that of the player in a pulpy adventure romp, not as some canonical testament of Nate's overall personality in a realistic setting.

Stuck the demo on last night having never played an Uncharted game before. It felt absolutely awful. Didn't enjoy it *at all*.
What about it didn't you like? Did you try run and gunning into melee? Turn off hints. The full release's harder difficulties will make it even more fun.
God damn, they should have included the desperate measures area.

I'll get this just for UC2. Such an incredible game. I didn't like 1 and 3 at all. For me it goes: 2,golden abyss, 3 then 1.

Where is the review thread I don't see it? I'm assuming overall positive since its 1080p / 60fps and pretty highly decorated games right?

Loudninja

I'll get this just for UC2. Such an incredible game. I didn't like 1 and 3 at all. For me it goes: 2,golden abyss, 3 then 1.

Where is the review thread I don't see it? I'm assuming overall positive since its 1080p / 60fps and pretty highly decorated games right?
I already made one was locked turn into is Drake is a killer stuff.

zsynqx

Review thread got shut down as people got into arguments about Nathan Draake as a serial killer. Yer reviews have been very positive although some do mention that they have aged a bit in certain aspects. (to be expected)

Edit: Currently 86 metacritic

What about it didn't you like? Did you try run and gunning into melee? Turn off hints. The full release's harder difficulties will make it even more fun.
God damn, they should have included the desperate measures area.
The gunplay felt sloppy and imprecise, Nate moved skittishly and the platforming was awkward. Running around in a t-shirt sucking up AK-47 fire from the bad guys just felt silly. I really wanted to like it.

Top Bottom