• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted (PS4) announced, developed by protozoans and Druckmann's evil karma

sn00zer

Im still thinking the game will be a back and forth between Old Drake (1700s) and current day Drake.....although Im wondering if they are worried about getting comparisons with AC4

Why is ND so secretive around Nathan Drake? I really hope he's back.

Because it spurs debate I guess. And maybe they want to create some tension, so that when the eventual reveal happens and the crowd sees Drake in action again, there's a bigger cheer and a sense of relief that comes with it.

Or maybe Drake really isn't the protagonist this time around and there's going to be a lot of pissed off Uncharted fans when we find out. See? It's working.

Because it spurs debate I guess. And maybe they want to create some tension, so that when the eventual reveal happens and the crowd sees Drake in action again, there's a bigger cheer and a sense of relief that comes with it.

Or maybe Drake really isn't the protagonist this time around and there's going to be a lot of pissed off Uncharted fans when we find out. See? It's working.

I don't want to deal with the possibility of not playing as Drake in Uncharted PS4. I guess it would be cool to go back and forth with another protagonist or a partner though...

I don't want to deal with the possibility of not playing as Drake in Uncharted PS4. I guess it would be cool to go back and forth with another protagonist or a partner though...

Sure, I'd be cool with (hypothetically) alternating between playing as Nate in a modern setting and as Sully in flashback segments during his peak or whatever, but Uncharted without Drake is like Indiana Jones without, well, Indiana Jones!

http://instagram.com/p/jzcUiYEEE7/

What the hell is this thing? Todd Stashwick just tweeted this.

wbtPatT.jpg

R_Deckard

Sure, I'd be cool with (hypothetically) alternating between playing as Nate in a modern setting and as Sully in flashback segments during his peak or whatever, but Uncharted without Drake is like Indiana Jones without, well, Indiana Jones!

This. Nate IS Uncharted, It is the Best Indy game Ever made. Are they going for the Metal Gear Solid 2 outcome here...Did Kojima teach them nothing.

/Hopes for a Tanker Scene atleast

ZaCH3000

You mean fans who loved Uncharted 2 but hated Uncharted 3? Sure, who needs paying customers, right?

I was pretty disappointed with Uncharted 3 and will definitely be taking a wait and see approach with this one.

I don't believe you loved U2 but hated U3. Use the opinions and all excuse, I still won't believe you. The quality difference is miniscule.

You mean fans who loved Uncharted 2 but hated Uncharted 3? Sure, who needs paying customers, right?

I was pretty disappointed with Uncharted 3 and will definitely be taking a wait and see approach with this one.

Wait and see approach is fine but dismissing the game outright just because the director worked on a game that you thought wasn't great isn't really giving a fair chance to that team.

sn00zer

I enjoyed U3 more....but man it could have used another few months in the cooker....that last level was a work of art and deserved more

This. Nate IS Uncharted, It is the Best Indy game Ever made. Are they going for the Metal Gear Solid 2 outcome here...Did Kojima teach them nothing.

/Hopes for a Tanker Scene atleast

tumblr_m42v0t8A0b1qjemo2o1_400.gif

Seeing Drake get the same treatment as Snake did would destroy me, considering Metal Gear Solid 2 is pretty much my biggest video game-related disappointment ever.

Bundy

Banned
Huge mistake the people who made Uncharted 2 should be directing this.
You don't make any sense. There isn't really a "Uncharted 2" or "Uncharted 3" team.
People who worked on U2, U3 and TLOU are working on the next Uncharted.
There is no "certain" team which remains the same.

xPhinehas

Don't care too much who the protagonist is. If Naughty Dog makes it, I will buy and play it day 1!

I don't think they've made a game in the last 18 years that I didn't enjoy greatly.

My prediction:

• Nothing from Naughty Gods this year
  • UC4 - 2015
  • New IP - 2016
  • TLoU sequel/prequel/spin-off - 2016/2017

I think it's very likely that they will release two games in 2016. One in the Spring/Summer window and another for the holidays.

Oh, that's cool! It is just an indicator for XYZ in a 3d space. It is important that all characters/props in a game have a set indication of what is actually up and "backwards". It is usually Y+ is up and Z+ is forward, with usually Y pointing down the joint chain.

Could be wrong though!

Yep. I am never without one when hiking in the mountains

Jigolo

My prediction:

• UC4 - 2015
  • New IP - 2016

I think it's very likely that they will release two games in 2016. One in the Spring/Summer window and another for the holidays.

why would they launch a new IP when they just shipped tlou 6 months ago?

why would they launch a new IP when they just shipped tlou 6 months ago?
Firstly, I'm predicting they will release a new IP in 2016. Assuming it comes out June 16, 2016 that will make it a whole 3 years since a new TLoU.

Additionally, there were tweets a few months back from ND devs teasing some cryptic, space related stuff. There was a fictional space, sci-fi game in TLoU and they visited SpaceX HQ (this is a stretch, but hopefully for some research).

Lastly, they have likely earned the right to make whatever game they want. So why not?

BHK3

Banned

Same, they lost me with how bad Uncharted 3 was.

Sure 2 was the best of the bunch, but there is no way that you can frame this as being problematic. Honestly from a series perspective Among Thieves gets too much praise IMO.

I think the entire series gets a bit too much praise

Edit: as we saw with TLOU Naughty Dog can definitely do better games

Rated-G

I would be one, I have zero interest in an Uncharted without Nathan Drake.

Especially after Amy Hennig and Justin Richmond have both stated themselves multiple times in post mortems and BTS featurettes that Uncharted isn't Uncharted without Nathan Drake, and that they want to make sure he's always the player's point of reference for the story, I can't see them really putting players in control of any other character for the single player.

I would be one, I have zero interest in an Uncharted without Nathan Drake.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that I'd have "zero interest," but I generally agree with you. A complete absence of Nathan Drake would kill off a lot of my hype.

gotta be on the same wavelength as someone rocking a Last Samurai avatar ;) one of my favourite films

I have just noticed that Nathan Drake has the same initials as the studio. ND. Why have I never seen this before?

Scanners.gif

Never actually occurred to me either.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that I'd have "zero interest," but I generally agree with you. A complete absence of Nathan Drake would kill off a lot of my hype.

gotta be on the same wavelength as someone rocking a Last Samurai avatar ;) one of my favourite films
Same,

Especially after Amy Hennig and Justin Richmond have both stated themselves multiple times in post mortems and BTS featurettes that Uncharted isn't Uncharted without Nathan Drake, and that they want to make sure he's always the player's point of reference for the story, I can't see them really putting players in control of any other character for the single player.
I wouldn't mind playing as Elena or Sully for a minute for some reason but I would like the focus to remain on Nathan Drake.

I'll buy it but im not really excited for it. i bought the trilogy during the summer and they didn't bother bringing anything new to the table by the third game.

climb the walls
shoot out
climb the walls
shoot out
solve puzzle
*repeat*

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'll buy it but im not really excited for it. i bought the trilogy during the summer and they didn't bother bringing anything new to the table by the third game.

climb the walls
shoot out
climb the walls
shoot out
solve puzzle
*repeat*

I think, the new open world style of the Next Gen Tomb Raider could work on Uncharted 4, too, but I am not sure, if this could hurt the great cinematic aspect of the series.

dr_rus

My prediction:

• UC4 - 2015
  • New IP - 2016

Why would Uncharted team make a TLoU2?

Top Bottom