• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy stars Chloe

WinFonda

I agree about Nadine, but I do feel she has potential that wasn't tapped in the proper game. This DLC should be able to flesh her out really well and create a great story in the process.

I'm sure that's the idea, they prob realized that they didn't really give the character enough space.

But I will say I don't blame the script entirely for Nadine's lack of presence, I felt her acting and mocap was a step down from the others. Even when she had some time on screen she came off a bit less natural, either her lip sync was a little off or she was just a bit stilted in general. I don't think Laura Bailey was fully comfortable with the accent. Maybe now she'll have had more time to prepare / grow into the role, though.

NastyBook

Agreed. (Spoilers for U4)
She's one of the genuinely smart "villains" i've seen in a game. She got what she wanted and left. No reason for vendettas or risking her life.
Thank you. Homegirl was all about business. She even tried to reason with Rafe, and when it didn't pan out, she dipped out. I want more of her. I hope we get to play as her.

Sounding excellent. I'd be absolutely thrilled if its a $20 expansion that's about as long as Uncharted 1, thus 7-8 hours.

I'd also like to see Cutter and maybe some new interesting characters. Very much excited for this.

Best wishes.

RDreamer

Agreed. (Spoilers for U4)
She's one of the genuinely smart "villains" i've seen in a game. She got what she wanted and left. No reason for vendettas or risking her life.

Agreed, too. Saying you could take that out of the story and nothing would be lost is nonsense.
Her character is a foil. She does what the others cannot do when she gets out and leaves them fighting to the death.

Noobcraft

Thank goodness it's not about Sam. Even ND knows that Chloe and Nadine are the strongest female characters in the series.

Some tidbits from the panel so far:

- takes place after UC4
-Game is set in India (different locations)
-no supernatural elements, story is grounded like UC4
-they are calling it a story expansion not DLC, it's longer than left behind but shorter than UC4
-expanding the concept of wide linear, game will have parts that are more open than UC4
- says Chloe is the best driver in the business (hint: game will have driving mechanics)
- says her fighting style and move set will be different from drakes
- story will explore who Chloe is and focus on the unlikely pairing of Nadine and Chloe

Will add more when they give more details
This sounds amazing

mishakoz

Thank goodness it's not about Sam. Even ND knows that Chloe and Nadine are the strongest female characters in the series.
maxresdefault.jpg

MrBadger

Okay judging by the reactions ITT I should probably play some Uncharted games besides 4 before picking this up. Looks great but I have no idea who Chloe is

Love the idea of two female leads. I guess Nadine will be the Sully/Elena/Sam to Chloe's Drake gameplay wise, which I'm into.

Chloe could compete with Lara as the coolest female lead depending on how this goes.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Damn longer than left behind? That's good news. Story expansion is ehhh, I like that it has story, but hopefully the pacing is better than UC4.

Well Nadine and Chloe are the strongest physically. But Elena is definitely the strongest mentally. You HAVE to be when you wake up every morning next to the mass murderer you're married to.

/s
Spends career as a journalist uncovering details about mass murderers

Marries one

She isn't right in the head

Drencrom

Some tidbits from the panel so far:

- takes place after U4
-Game is set in India (different locations)
-no supernatural elements, story is grounded like U4
-they are calling it a story expansion not DLC, it's longer than left behind but shorter than U4
-expanding the concept of wide linear, game will have parts that are more open than U4
- says Chloe is the best driver in the business (hint: game will have driving mechanics)
- says her fighting style and move set will be different from drakes
- story will explore who Chloe is and focus on the unlikely pairing of Nadine and Chloe

Will add more when they give more details

Everything sounds great, especially that it's bigger than TLOUs expansion.

AHA-Lambda

OK, so this is the single player DLC from the season pass then?

Mood of the thread now seems to indicate this anyway

Top Bottom