• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy stars Chloe

Elixist

RLOYrSg.gif

lmao

this looks ok, graphics are great (never a concern with nd) if its more like uc2 count me in. i need more/better gunfights and more fun set pieces than 4. also the jeep wasnt that fun either hopefully they overhaul that if its a focus.

AudioEppa

Some tidbits from the panel so far:

- takes place after U4
-Game is set in India (different locations)
-no supernatural elements, story is grounded like U4
-they are calling it a story expansion not DLC, it's longer than left behind but shorter than U4
-expanding the concept of wide linear, game will have parts that are more open than U4
- says Chloe is the best driver in the business (hint: game will have driving mechanics)
- says her fighting style and move set will be different from drakes
- story will explore who Chloe is and focus on the unlikely pairing of Nadine and Chloe

Will add more when they give more details

Thank You ND. Keeping it as awesome as U4.

Even though Elena is my favorite, I have no objections to these fine beautiful ladies.

Yazzees

Neat. Nadine didn't get nearly enough screen-time in UC4.

I still hope Sully/Sam get something similar to this too, though.

Graphics are incredible. Looked like fucking CGI,

Best in the business. Didn't realise it was nadine til I read this post.

Wow,

the whole time, they're doing a game with cassie?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I hope we get some charlie cutter if not for just a scene or 2. Nadine was grossly under utilized in UC4 and it makes perfect sense pairing her for an adventure like this.

Wow this is so much better than the Sam DLC that I thought we were going to get. Nadine wasn't much of a character in Uncharted 4 so I'm glad she's getting more screentime and development. Chloe is a good choice for protagonist too.

I've always disliked Nadine, but I couldn't verbalize it until this vid here.

She's basically a war criminal that gets to teach the moral lesson at the end of the game. Dumb.

max landis ranting about strong female characters and critiquing other people's stories? ayy lmao

he sounds mad that rafe didn't get the redemption arc he personally would've written so that makes nadine a "fake strong female character"? loooool

it's such a dumb ass argument to claim that nadine deserves some kind of karmic retritubtion for her actions when literally every single person in the main cast is responsible for the destruction of either incredibly historically significant sites or of wreaking havoc among the countries they unfortunately grace with their presence.

sam is far more deserving of some kind of retribution than nadine - if
sam hadn't lied about the whole treasure in the first place, nate wouldn't even be there and nadine and rafe would just collect their treasure and leave. they would've met zero resistance because the only resistance they meet on their journey is the drakes

or even nate, whose very presence in every game since uncharted 2 causes untold damage to property and civilian lives in the places he goes to.

Kinyou

She's basically a war criminal that gets to teach the moral lesson at the end of the game. Dumb.
Yeah, isn't there a scene where some of her goons talk about committing war crimes? Not to forget all the shit she threw at the drake brothers not minding one bit about starting firefights in public. I hope they address this and didn't just put Nadine in this because they found her cool.

max landis ranting about strong female characters and critiquing other people's stories? ayy lmao

he sounds mad that rafe didn't get the redemption arc he personally would've written so that makes nadine a "fake strong female character"? loooool
Huh? If I remember right is he mostly mad that Nadine suddenly took shit from Rafe like the slap.

NastyBook

Huh? If I remember right is he mostly mad that Nadine suddenly took shit from Rafe like the slap.
She didn't take that slap, though. She dropped that fool in two moves and almost blew him away. If anything, she let her guard down around him, thinking he would come around to the fact that they already had a butt ton of treasure and didn't need to endanger themselves further.
I found this while searching for Uncharted Lost Legacy. XD. What the fuck is this.
Whatever it is, it's hideous and standing in a pool of molten lava. So it couldn't be in a more appropriate place.

Some Nobody

Racism let's be real

I mean, I'm 100% positive there are a ton of people who don't like Nadine because of realized or subconscious racism. But in my case, not so much. No, it's more like...

She's badass because they forced her "badassery" way too hard (like in that absurd 1v2 with Sam and Nathan), that's what's boring. She was the worst character in U4 and her arc was finished. In the beginning (when she meets Sully) she looks like a completely different, interesting character. Then it turns out she's a generic villain with some half-assed ambiguity and unremarkable, irrelevant screentime.

I'd rather have Cutter or a new character than Nadine. She was done for and I doubt they can make her interesting after her role in the main game. Plus, if this is set after U4, why would Chloe be partner with someone who tried to kill Drake? And if they don't know each other, what are the odds you end up partying up with the villain from your treasure hunter friend's last adventure? It's just silly and screams of an attempt at redemption for a character that didn't deliver when she had to. She's so shoehorned here.

This. (Although, to answer this guy's question: How many Indiana Jones-like treasure hunters can there really BE in this world? Is she really shoehorned? I feel like they'd all be aware of each other.)

Also this. I didn't get a chance to finish UC4--got a little over halfway through--but as this was described I just wanted to throw shit. Like, it honestly sounds like they came up with this idea for DLC mid-way through developing the game and THAT'S why Nadine suddenly becomes the villain who realizes "this isn't worth it".

This is so lazy. And also reaching 'cause going by the video (that you either didn't watch or half-watched) Max didn't really like Rafe all that much.

This game exists so you won. Don't come up with half-assed arguments to one that's well thought out.

Doesn't Nadine own a PMC? One that commits actual war crimes? But Sam deserves the karmic justice? Stop.

Other thoughts:
- Hey, there's that game set in the "Indian subcontinent". More and more I feel like Verendus wasn't fake, just constantly, consistently fucking with everybody.

- I fucking love Chloe so I'm in, but I'm bummed that Druckmann and Straley are heading this now. 'Cause I realize they're all about realistic shit and have yanked out the supernatural stuff that was so much fun in 1-3. Ah well. I'd still LOVE to have the series be about Chloe going forward.

Riposte

Racism let's be real

I'll have you know I dislike Nadine because I'm a virulent sexist.

Them making her a good guy now speaks to my actual problem with her. Despite Uncharted featuring a lot of thieving and murderous self-defense, there's some obvious lines that sets apart the pulp-ish black and white morality in it like with Indiana Jones. Nadine is a ruthless, evil character, the will behind all of those nasty mercenaries you spend the game killing, and unlike every other villain in the entire series, she gets nothing close to a comeuppance and the game even gives her the last word as if she has any moral high ground to stand on. It's like the game loops around and wants me to cheer on this war criminal during those cinematic unwinnable boss fights. Corny character, bad villain, worst boss fight. Chloe is cool though.

EDIT: Guess I'm late to the party on this one. Funny to see Max Landis apparently made a video on this.

Yep, the biggest copout in the series. She's the bad guy. Not the rogue-esque bad guy. THE bad guy. But she gets to deliver the lesson of the day to Drake and Rafe and ride off into the sunset.

A wow comparison:
That's like Garrosh telling Thrall and Varian while making his exit: "If you keep fighting, you're going to get people killed!" Completely stupid, right?

-----
As for the reveal, Chloe was the best char in UD2, and makes this an insta-buy for me. Looks good!

AdaWong

Chloe is one of the best characters ever so please Naughty Dog make her lead the future Uncharted installments, this way we get more Chloe and more Uncharted so it's a win-win.

Thank You ND. Keeping it as awesome as U4.

Even though Elena is my favorite, I have no objections to these fine beautiful ladies.
I was bored as shit compared to the explainable supernatural elements. Uncharted 4 was just a trash let's steal treasure movie that went too long

Like any other show on NBC

AerialAir

Banned
Any chance this plus OG Uncharted 4 will be released together? Something like and U4 GOTY or U4 Collection? I have Uncharted 1, 2 and 3, but haven't bought 4 yet, a GOTY would definitely make me buy it right away.

I mean, I'm 100% positive there are a ton of people who don't like Nadine because of realized or subconscious racism. But in my case, not so much. No, it's more like...

This. (Although, to answer this guy's question: How many Indiana Jones-like treasure hunters can there really BE in this world? Is she really shoehorned? I feel like they'd all be aware of each other.)

Also this. I didn't get a chance to finish UC4--got a little over halfway through--but as this was described I just wanted to throw shit. Like, it honestly sounds like they came up with this idea for DLC mid-way through developing the game and THAT'S why Nadine suddenly becomes the villain who realizes "this isn't worth it".

This is so lazy. And also reaching 'cause going by the video (that you either didn't watch or half-watched) Max didn't really like Rafe all that much.

This game exists so you won. Don't come up with half-assed arguments to one that's well thought out.

Doesn't Nadine own a PMC? One that commits actual war crimes? But Sam deserves the karmic justice? Stop.
I watched literally the whole video before I wrote my reply, lol.

Sam is directly and undeniably responsible for literally everything that happens in uncharted 4 because his lie is the driving force for Nathan and therefore he and Nate provide the only friction for Rafe and nadine. If they didn't bother with the treasure, none of that would've happened.

Additionally, Nadine beating the drakes in a 2v1 is unrealistic but Nate and co going what, 1v3000 is fine?

I think it's absolutely no coincidence that the uncharted villain that gets the most scrutiny is the black woman :lol

Goodstyle

it's such a dumb ass argument to claim that nadine deserves some kind of karmic retritubtion for her actions when literally every single person in the main cast is responsible for the destruction of either incredibly historically significant sites or of wreaking havoc among the countries they unfortunately grace with their presence.

sam is far more deserving of some kind of retribution than nadine - if
sam hadn't lied about the whole treasure in the first place, nate wouldn't even be there and nadine and rafe would just collect their treasure and leave. they would've met zero resistance because the only resistance they meet on their journey is the drakes

or even nate, whose very presence in every game since uncharted 2 causes untold damage to property and civilian lives in the places he goes to.

I don't think it's about the Karmic retribution, it's about the fact that Rafe was basically a little bitch throughout the game and didn't seem like a real adversary. Nadine was the real villain, but then all of a sudden Rafe usurps her? And then Nadine gives us the "Treasure hunting is bad guys!" speech? That's just... wrong.

GazzaGSi

Update: Standalone DLC, UC4 not required. Takes place in India, Nadine is Chloe's partner

Man this is awesome. My jaw literally dropped when she pulled the hijab off her face. And also glad it's standalone like how Infamous First Light was released stand alone to Second Son.

Being classed as DLC though for UC4, would it be too optimistic to see this released by March '17? UC4 has been out 7+ months now.

Electret

Fucking called a Nadine-focused DLC. Her and Chloe have the opportunity to build a unique dynamic for the franchise and for games in general. I'm in day 1. Also, the graphics and animation have no business looking that good. ND is on fire.

I was bored as shit compared to the explainable supernatural elements. Uncharted 4 was just a trash let's steal treasure movie that went too long

Like any other show on NBC

What was it you called TLOU the other day? A boring cover shooter? You've got some really well-formulated, reasonable opinions there, bub.

ty_hot

this looks amazing. 30 dollars maybe? well, it doesnt matter, just take my money.

and its awesome that they are expanding the series, shooting, climbing was enough on U4 (and it was awesome still). If they want to keep being the top in the industry they have to do something more, and they sure are.

CrisKre

I loved that it looked very different. I wonder if there etuk be all new mechanics. Like, no climbing at all in the trailer? Got me intetested.

Salarians

Why? What difference does it make?
DLC would require you to have the 50-60 GB U4 install in addition to this content's likely hefty file size. Standalone does not and allows people that don't (or no longer) own U4 to play it.

It's baffling that anyone could see this as a bad thing. 🤔

Salz01

Super happy with Chloe and Nadine. I just hope it's action oriented and less climbing. And a meaty campaign. Can't wait. Hope they don't show anything else and everything is fresh.

zeemumu

I never saw that as her wanting to teach the moral lesson.
I saw it as "Fuck this and fuck you. I'm leaving," and it only came out as a lesson because Rafe is completely nuts and it's reasonable that the treasure wasn't worth so much collateral damage, and that was the loss that she suffered from this whole ordeal. They could've killed her but outside of not teaming up with Chloe that wouldn't have meant anything. All of the personal grudges are against Rafe and I doubt that Nadine's gonna come back for revenge.

DLC would require you to have the 50-60 GB U4 install in addition to this content's likely hefty file size. Standalone does not and allows people that don't (or no longer) own U4 to play it.

It's baffling that anyone could see this as a bad thing. 🤔

Yeah I know. That's exactly why i was questioning him.

Top Bottom