• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection will have a new difficulty option

So excited for a new difficulty. Crushing was brutal in parts, especially in UC1. Also thank god they're making the motion control stuff from UC1 optional. It could get really annoying real fast.

Fuck yes !! Uncharted 1 saved !!

Fewer

tumblr_nng1i5CCIY1t0ple2o1_400.gif

I hope they put out a list of changes. Would love to see exactly what improvements/changes they are making.

DieH@rd

Banned
I really hope Bulletpoint looks at motion aiming controls from Golden Abyss. They made the game infinitely more enjoyable to play for me. Make it optional in this remaster.

Harder than crushing? Fuck me.

With the exception of one notable location at the abandoned monastery, I agree. UC3 was harder because there more enemies and often less ways to approach them.
Shit I'm a weird exception. I thought the crushing in 1 was easy in comparison to the second. I never even finished it.

Fisty

Shit I'm a weird exception. I thought the crushing in 1 was easy in comparison to the second. I never even finished it.

1 was easiest because of the corner exploit. I think only the area with the downed plane was tough because there werent any corners to cheese

Dynasty

Hopefully you don't have to unlock these difficulties by playing through it multiple times. In TLOU Remastered all the difficulties were unlocked from the beginning. I like that they are balancing the difficulty throughout all 3 games and adding features from Uncharted 3 to 2 and 1 so the games feels the same and not missing any features. Hopefully the collection comes with 3 platinum trophies would hate for 1 long trophy list.

daveo42

Banned
Nice to see they are adjusting damage and combat flow overall. That might make stretches of each game work better and feel less like endless waves of dudes coming at you.

Never played any of the harder difficulties in the UC series. I want to feel like Indiana Jones in this, so I'll probably stick to normal. That being said, I think harder and fiercer difficulties in a game like TLoU is where it's at.

Revven

1 was easiest because of the corner exploit. I think only the area with the downed plane was tough because there werent any corners to cheese

Corner shooting is also in UC2 but it's not as exploitable due to how the aiming and shooting works compared to 1. And, well, the level design doesn't quite let you do it in some of the more tougher areas in UC2.

Even still, some areas in UC1 you can't corner shoot your way through perfectly (particularly some spots in the beginning, middle of the game and towards the end). And you also have to account for enemy behavior where sometimes they wouldn't go into your line of sight and thus forcing you to move from your safezone/corner shoot spot. And in some instances enemies sit behind cover all day...

It's really your tactics, how you approach, and your aiming that determines how difficult Crushing can be.

Reebot

No more bullet sponge enemies would be a fucking miracle. It ruined 3 and makes 1 hard to revisit. Only 2 really got the balance just right.

Revven

I never heard of that corner exploit before...

You just stand near a wall and place yourself near it such that your gun is considered poking out from the wall but your body is still behind it -- preventing enemies from shooting you. Technically, as long as there isn't a wall in front of the crosshair and you're aiming at someone the bullet will still hit the enemy and not the wall. This is due in part of Drake's "angle" when he's shooting/aiming and also the game not accounting for the gun being behind a wall.

At least, I believe that's how it works because in UC3 they fixed corner shooting for the most part and they did it by making the game account for the gun's location and not just where the crosshair is as well as Drake's general angle while he's aiming isn't as diagonal. It's a general oversight on the developer's part and it clearly wasn't intended judging by how they addressed it in 3.

Difficulty in Uncharted is just a matter of how much time you spend in cover so I'm not too hyped.

Unless they tweak the puzzles and platforming too.

What? No. Lots of flanking in 1 and 3. Even more so in 1. 2 was the easier one due to the encounter design.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Cruise ship will be easy when compared to swimming through shipyard. :D

Conceptually? Shipyard is godlike. In execution? Extremely frustrating and annoying. I can only imagine it to be worse on Brutal especially the one area where you're pinned down by armored machine gunners from above with group of grunts chasing after you.

pizzacat

Banned
Come on buddy, actually throw some info in that post. Otherwise its not worth much.
I'm sorry

NO

i felt like uncharted 2 had most of that bullshit and truly felt like the enemies had regenerating health x 5. I can't really find any clips of me playing but I would shoot an entire ak clip, miss about 3-5 shots onto someone, reload and fire another clip on one guy just to kill them, shits insane and it gets even worse with the train segment oh man

And this was on normal.

Reebot

I'm sorry

NO

i felt like uncharted 2 had most of that bullshit and truly felt like the enemies had regenerating health x 5. I can't really find any clips of me playing but I would shoot an entire ak clip, miss about 3-5 shots onto someone, reload and fire another clip on one guy just to kill them, shits insane and it gets even worse with the train segment oh man

And this was on normal.

Weird, I remember the exact opposite. The near-end
shootout in the ruins alongside Sully
from Uncharted 1 and the
pirate hideout sequence
from 3 are real standouts.

I think either way, its a pretty good deal to get a damage rebalance. For some weird reason Uncharted has had this problem for its entire run and I'm glad its getting addressed.

hawk2025

And you thought the enemies in Uncharted 1 were bullet sponges before!

Or you can read the OP:

Difficulty tweaks: The new game will not have dynamic difficulty, which they’re saying will be coupled with some balancing tweaks to make the game flow better. I asked specifically about whether enemies in the first Uncharted wouldn’t be bullet sponges anymore. I got a general affirmative that damage to and from enemies is being recalculated across the games. Bluepoint is also working on a special “brutal” (not final name) difficulty level that is designed to be challenging even for the game’s most skilled testers.

McLovin

The first one needs tweaking for sure. I got a platinum in it by exploiting the final boss in the hardest difficulty. I found a spot where he couldn't shoot me but I could shoot him.

Goose_7

Banned
I find it funny. I've played the all console Uncharted games multiple times and obtained the Platinum in all of them but surprisingly i remember none of it.

And that goes for other games too, but I digress.

So hyped, so pumped to play these games again and after watching that 1080p/60fps video I'm even more excited. Crushing was a pain sometimes but completely doable. Hopefully the won't lock this new Brutal mode behind hard or crushing. Just let me at it from the get.

LiK

Woohoo, no more bullet sponges. Enemies could survive multiple headshots in the first game. It was LAME

Andrefpvs

I hope the trophies are mostly new for these versions.

Sure, you can still have the difficulty trophies, but if the misc trophies are the same, it's kind of a shame for everyone who already did those things on PS3.

Fisty

Speaking of trophies, have they said whether this will this have 3 Platinum trophies, or just 1?

All PS Remaster collections have had individual lists and platinums for each game in the collection, to my knowledge. I assume 1 will have the same list with a bonus trophy for extra difficulty, and 2 and 3 will have the same lists they had at launch, minus the two multiplayer trophies, plus the extra difficulty trophy.

Top Bottom