• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection will have a new difficulty option

Blueingreen

I'm wondering if they'll fix that glitch/oversight where you could cross the enemy spawn trigger point and be OUTSIDE the water-room and in cover just sniping people that came at you.

I thought I was the only person that new about that lol, Uncharted 1 on crushing wasn't exactly hard, I remember the boat sections pissing me off tho.

SxP

If they remove the bullet sponge enemies from the first game, that would probably increase my enjoyment of that game tenfold.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This so much. I always wondered why more shooters didn't include this type of mode for people. I am hugely not a "play it hard!" type player, but when they even the odds by making enemies 1 shot/1 kill too, it can be immensely enjoyable.

My biggest complaint with the Uncharted games is the bullet spongey-ness.
Very Easy mode in UC2 and 3 is basically that. Enemies go down if you look at them angrily.

I am not ready for Uncharted 1's Crushing on Steroids
tumblr_inline_njsm8hfgzQ1r83cml.png

Yea, this was pretty ridiculous.

That jungle level and the church near the end...

I wonder if Uncharted 2 will still have cheat codes and extra skins. I dont remember U2 or U3 being that difficult on crushing mode. I have these games on ps3 but don't feel like replayjng them at the moment. I'll probably pick up the collection after uncharted 4 as I dont want to pay full price for games I already own.

Vade

UC1's crushing was difficult because your weapons were horrible for the majority of the game; by the time you get the m4 and auto spas the game is 90% over. UC2 had that dumb end boss and a couple sections where you needed to be completely topped off with weapons and grenades or you will just run out and never be able to pick up more during the fights. UC3 was pretty much a breeze, the djninis mildly annoying ,but they load you up with grenades, launchers before that so easy game.

I would love to see how they re-balance without making everyone "I am mechbot I eat ammo"

Don't care about the new difficulty mode but if they rebalance all 3 games to essentially be rid of the more extreme sponginess, or bring the balance and hit reactions more in line with Uncharted 2 across the board, I'd be ecstatic.

autoduelist

Crushing has always been manageable to me, except for the final boss of UC2 where you basically had to cheese him to death.

Can't wait for Brutal.

This is how I feel. I welcomed the new harder mode in TLOU, and I welcome this as well.

Can't wait to revisit all these.

Euron

They might have fixed the logs but did they fix the Jet Ski section? I know it doesn't involve motion controls but it's just really bad and probably the main reason why I haven't replayed the original.

Dominator

I don't really play games on hard so it means a lot coming from me that I beat all 3 games on Crushing. UC1 Crushing (and some part of UC3) destroyed me, but I'm going to beat this new difficulty!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
UC1's crushing was difficult because your weapons were horrible for the majority of the game

Yeah... no.

AK-47 ADS + Shotgun blind-fire or Pistols headshot = #2EZ4ME

Throw in that the shotgun blindfire will 1-2 shot an enemy, even armored and the Desert5 will one-shot enemies (if in the head, naturally) and there's no reason to struggle on Crushing outside of more enemies than you can deal with.

You should be abusing the hell out of the blind-fire if enemies are within 5 feet of you.

Fury451

Banned
Crushing I always felt was hard largely due to fake difficulty. Some encounters in all three games weren't designed with it in mind, so you could get absolutely hammered without really getting a chance to react. Couple that with the bullet sponge enemies Who had pinpoint accuracy and near insta kill damage, and it made some sections way worse than others. Basically chokepoints that required trial and error death over and over again while other sections provided more even and fair challenge.

Hopefully the tweaking they due to damage given/damaged received will make it a fun but difficult challenge rather than a frustrating one.

I've played the first game several times on crushing, never felt that enemies are very bulletspongie (it was always headshots anyway), they should address the bulletsponginess in the second and third game or at least if you shoot an enemy don't let him just run at you unaffected just to create a hand to hand combat situation, I hated that shit. And remove the stupid fully armored minigun enemies if you're at it.
Now you can all jump at me

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
That sounds painful, crushing on the games could be a pain in the ass. There are a number of bits throughout each game that are just utterly frustrating experiences on crushing, like, total bullshit, and they can even be a pain in the ass on normal. Hopefully it isn't tied to a trophy, I can deal with crushing, but anything harder and I'd likely throw something out a window.

AmuroChan

I'm fine with that as long as it's unlocked from the get-go. I don''t want to have to beat the game once first just to unlock the harder difficulty.

Falchion

I don't mind playing on Crushing or above as long as they do reduce the amount of damage taken by some of the enemies. I remember having to get multiple, point blank headshots to take down the lowest level enemies in the first one and you could just forget about it if you were getting body shots.

hawk2025

I don't mind playing on Crushing or above as long as they do reduce the amount of damage taken by some of the enemies. I remember having to get multiple, point blank headshots to take down the lowest level enemies in the first one and you could just forget about it if you were getting body shots.

That doesn't sound right.

Raptor

Get rid of Bulletsponge enemies and I will try this new difficulty I dont care.

If not is Normal and Hard at best.

Mikey Jr.

Man, to be able to replay these games for the first time in 1080/60?

Anyone who hasn't played these games is one lucky son of a bitch.

Kule

The Water Room instantly came to my mind.

My God..

I had to cheat that part on crushing. If you went near the ledge to drop down it spawns the enemies then you turn around and run all the way back to the start of the area. Once at the start go back to the water room and all the enemies are despawned as if you had killed them and you can just skip that encounter.

I seriously tried to do it legit until one guy ninja killed me after I cleared the room so I have no guilt using the cheese method.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Crushing was already ridiculous. I was already unsure about this given I already have the 3 platinums, but they'll have trophies for Brutal now so fuck that.

Javin98

Banned
Crushing for Uncharted 2 was arguably the best way to play the game. Crushing on Uncharted 3, on the other hand, was full of fucking cheap deaths. Never tried Crushing on the first game, though, and I imagine it's a nightmare. But a difficulty that goes beyond Crushing? Damn, hold on to your butts.

Koyuga

Was never able to finish UC1's crushing, but UC2 and especially UC3's crushing modes were a joke, so this I can look forward to.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I have a weird relationship with UC1 based on the Crushing difficulty. Remember that plaza toward the end with all the snipers? So many bad great memories. UC1 is one of those games I think I irrationally like more than most people.

Top Bottom