• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection will have a new difficulty option

I actually liked the boss stage from UC2, never felt I had to cheese it either. Also hearing people say they cheese pretty much all of Drake's Fortune with the corner trick, why even pick the higher difficulty of you're just going to fake it?

Strider

I actually liked the boss stage from UC2, never felt I had to cheese it either. Also hearing people say they cheese pretty much all of Drake's Fortune with the corner trick, why even pick the higher difficulty of you're just going to fake it?

People gotta get them trophies!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Cant get much harder than pro on resi 5 everything one shots you basically

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I wonder what he's talking about? Added content? Are they going to include a demo of Uncharted 4?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/17/playstation-blogcast-171-drakes-genesis/
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection: Sony’s Scott Rohde “Super-Teases” Lots More to Be Revealed

We’ve seen and heard quite a bit about Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, but apparently, there’s a lot more about it that we still don’t know, as SCEA Worldwide Studios Senior Vice President of Product Development Scott Rohde revealed in the latest episode of the PlayStation Blogcast.

After confirming that the collection will run at 1080p and 60 frames per second, and that the photo mode feature is “very cool,” he went into full-fledged tease mode:

“There’s so much more that I wanna super-tease you guys about… You guys are gonna have me back on the podcast, correct? In the very near future hopefully, and we’ll do a whole different segment […]. Anyways, you guys are gonna have me back, and we can talk a lot more about the Nathan Drake collection in the very very near future, super-tease.”

But he wasn’t done with just that, and he continued:

“There’s a lot more to come. […] There are buckets more to come. I’m not calling this a tease. It’s a super-tease.”

Rohde’s wording definitely seems to suggest that whatever he’s teasing is going to be quite big. Could the Nathan Drake Collection be more than the simple remaster most expect?

Personally, I have no idea of what Rohde might be teasing, but we also heard that some of the controller schemes from the later titles of the series are being implemented into the earlier titles.

Earlier in the podcast Rohde also explained why Sony keeps remastering games for the PS4.

That is the reason in general that we bring this games to PS4. A lot of people asking all the time “why are you bringing these remasters to the PS4?” There’s a large amount of the population that owns PS4s, that did not own a PS3. That’s why we do it. It’s for their benefit.

I just want Crushing unlocked from the start. They did that with TLoU Remastered, hopefully they'll do it too with Uncharted Collection.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Only things I can think off:
-Skins and Tweaks for all Games
-Grenade Throwbacks for all Games
1: -U4 Beta with U2/U3 Maps?
2: -A Continuous Playthrough (Start U1 and finish with U3 without any credits or switching between games)

1: I'd considered that.

2: That would be a great addition! Perhaps they have parity of graphics between all three now and that's the reason they're not showing Uncharted 1.

2: That would be a great addition! Perhaps they have parity of graphics between all three now and that's the reason they're not showing Uncharted 1.

Really hope that's the case, if the Metro guys prove that it could be possible with 2033, I hope Bluepoint and ND can pull it off with U1. In my opinion U1 only needs slightly better environmental textures (to mach with at least U2), better character models for both gameplay and cutscenes (if its possible) and gameplay tweaks here and there.

Still bummed about not having Golden Abyss in here, but tentatively interested in whatever extra content might be a part of it.

Eggbok

My unrealistic thoughts:

- Co-op campaigns
- They're adding Uncharted 2's multiplayer down the road (Think GTA:O)
- Both Uncharted 4 demos are included
- PS Plus game for October
- LE Uncharted PS4

SomTervo

Difficulty in Uncharted is just a matter of how much time you spend in cover so I'm not too hyped.

Unless they tweak the puzzles and platforming too.

Utterly untrue.

In Uncharted 2 (and that one only really), enemies were incredibly adept at flanking, grenading, and pressing in whenever you hid for any more than a few seconds. On Crushing you can only survive by constantly staying on the move and using your whole arsenal and move set constantly, improvising your way along. It's glorious. Uncharted 1 and 3 only get this in moments. Uncharted 2 on Crushing is glorious though. God tier encounter and level design throughout.

All of the above only count if you're playing on Crushing. On easy-hard the games are generally a cakewalk.

Edit: the new difficulty just turned this from a no-buy into an instant lt buy for me.

My unrealistic thoughts:

- Co-op campaigns
- They're adding Uncharted 2's multiplayer down the road (Think GTA:O)
- Both Uncharted 4 demos are included
- PS Plus game for October
- LE Uncharted PS4

1. Doubt it.
2. Probably not because of they will be focusing on U4 and the Beta.
3. Could happen, I wouldn't mind playing the E3 demo or even the PSX demo.
4. Before Knack?! Hell No.
5. PS4 Bundle for October could happen. They Destiny for Sep and Battlefront and (probably) BO3 for Nov.

-A Golden Abyss DLC (a la Halo ODST) is one of the things I think it could happen but I know it won't.
-But I really think the U4 Beta might start with the release of the NDC and as way to compensate for the lack of MP, ND will throw in maps, modes, features and patches all the way until the release of U4. Wishful thinking I know but it seems like something that would turn a lot of heads.

Loudninja

All new stuff and changes confirmed so far:
  • 1080p and 60fps
  • Photomode
  • Better lighting, textures, models, shadows, and improved draw distance
  • New trophies
  • Can swap to L2/R2 for firing
  • Motion control only for grenades as an option for UC1.
  • Recalculated damage to and from enemies
  • New difficulty mode
  • UC4 beta

Thats all so far.

pixelation

Can't say that i'm willing to play through them all again, but i might just make an exception for Drake's Fortune, i really wanna see how that one turns out. Specially w/o the horrible screen tearing.

Shin-Ra

There are buckets more to come.
HotDogDrool.gif

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I was hoping to have all the platinums when 4 launched. Hopefully the balances will make the difficulty spikes not so bad.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Despite being a decent UC player, I've never been able to deal with TLOU on its Crushing/Crushing+ difficulty. I can barely get by the first non-trivial room with the clicker in the rainy, blown-out building.

Sounds good, but I said it before, and I'll say it again:

Please, please don't make me play through both Uncharted 1 and 2 twice for the platinum. Toss any bullshit difficulty you want at me, but doing 4 playthroughs even before part 3 would be brutal.

Sounds good, but I said it before, and I'll say it again:

Please, please don't make me play through both Uncharted 1 and 2 twice for the platinum. Toss any bullshit difficulty you want at me, but doing 4 playthroughs even before part 3 would be brutal.

I think they'll have all difficulty's unlocked, they must know that some people are veterans in Uncharted, so that's probably the reason were getting a new difficulty setting. I'll probably play the games 3 times each to be honest, once for satisfaction (Normal maybe Hard Difficulty) Second for collectables and other trophies (Easy to get over them faster) and Third for the hardest difficulty setting. Hopefully this should be enough and by the time I finished U4 will be out.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Despite being a decent UC player, I've never been able to deal with TLOU on its Crushing/Crushing+ difficulty. I can barely get by the first non-trivial room with the clicker in the rainy, blown-out building.

To me that's also one of the hardest encounters of the entire run, because your options are still very limited at that point. But, as a whole, TLOU is a lot harder than Uncharted (on highest diff) because you're resource-starved most of the time. But you also have to embrace stealth and sneaking past, because often that's the best option.

Geido

Man... UC1 water basement on something even more difficult than crushing...

I feel dread and joy at the same time.

Does it take away the bullet sponges?

What bullet sponges? Headshots are your friend, nothing bullet spongy about them. And if they're armored, you just have to make use of grenades and power weapons, which I find a ton of fun.

I really hope they don't change anything regarding damage, or perhaps only on really easy difficulty levels.

I'm really looking forward to playing 1 and 2 again. I didn't have a PS3 when 3 came out so it'll be nice to experience it for the first time with better graphics.

Z3M0G

Too bad they didnt add an optional motion control aim assist in the 3 games while they were at it. The Vita game is the best one for shooting thanks to that.

This so much. I always wondered why more shooters didn't include this type of mode for people. I am hugely not a "play it hard!" type player, but when they even the odds by making enemies 1 shot/1 kill too, it can be immensely enjoyable.

My biggest complaint with the Uncharted games is the bullet spongey-ness.

A valid complaint, but it does compliment the over the top action vibe of the game. I've never minded it.

Kssio_Aug

I finished all of them on Crushing, but that was hard enough. I hope they dont make a harder difficulty, but just an overall balance.

SomTervo

It's possible to 100% stealth a lot of the toughest encounters in the game. It took me 10+ tries but I managed it in that first clicker encounter.

IIRC:

When you drop down, go straight ahead and left first, strangle the infected standing facing the other way by the windows.

Then go back to where you dropped down, facing the long corridor, and press against the wall to the left, slightly behind the folded-back door. When the infected walks out from the left and stops moving, move forward and grab him - grab from pretty far away (you can do it from further than you think) otherwise he'll see you. You can wait for him to turn and start walking the other way but might get spotted by another infected if you wait for this moment.

Once strangled, turn around and go back to the windowed corner where you got the first infected. Hide by the corner of the wall next to where you can proceed into the main area, and position the camera so you can see the whole main area. An infected will be patrolling around in a circle in that small area. There is a clicker standing dormant to the right, but they won't react unless you get close/make a noise. When the patrolling infected comes near you, right up to the corner of the wall, he'll stand, make a noise, then turn and walk away again. The instant he turns, move out and grab him. Strangle him. Clicker won't know a thing.

Go back around to where you dropped down. Move into the corridor, being wary of the infected walking about at the back right hand side of the area, beyond the corridor (who might see you through windows/doorways to the side). He's the last one bar the clicker. Move to the end of the corridor and watch out the doorway into the last room. When the infected moves behind the pillar at the centre of the room, creep out and hide behind it. You should be able to move around the pillar and grab him - but he might unexpectedly turn and see you, so be careful.

Once he's taken care of, IIRC, there is now only the clicker left. You have to kill him, so the best/most resource safe method is to grab a brick, run up, and batter him with the one-two-three strike. Or, for more safety, use the wooden 2x4 plank in the back area. You can also shiv him (probably not worth it on Survivor/Grounded) or position yourself opposite him, line up your Revolver headshot, and try to tag him with two in quick succession.

Done, 100% stealth! I was amazed by how much of the game can be done by stealth when I did it on Grounded. There are even parts towards the end where, if you sneak by all of the enemies, you get unique reactions/events just afterwards when later enemies don't expect you.

TLoU is a masterpiece.

What bullet sponges? Headshots are your friend, nothing bullet spongy about them. And if they're armored, you just have to make use of grenades and power weapons, which I find a ton of fun.

I really hope they don't change anything regarding damage, or perhaps only on really easy difficulty levels.
The first uncharted is what I'm mostly talking about.

You just stand near a wall and place yourself near it such that your gun is considered poking out from the wall but your body is still behind it -- preventing enemies from shooting you. Technically, as long as there isn't a wall in front of the crosshair and you're aiming at someone the bullet will still hit the enemy and not the wall. This is due in part of Drake's "angle" when he's shooting/aiming and also the game not accounting for the gun being behind a wall.

This was literally the only way that I could get past the segment where you're trying to get to Sully's plane after it crashed into the tree.

mindsale

Playing through LoU for my 5948093854038594305487394576th time, really excited to replay the Uncharteds. Hope all the difficulties are unlocked from the get-go. For $60 and only a beta for multiplayer, it'd be nice if they threw in Abyss, but the game's easily the worst of all the Uncharteds and has conflicting canon on top.

Carn82

-A Continuous Playthrough (Start U1 and finish with U3 without any credits or switching between games)

Would be cool.

I was thinking about the UC-collection the other day, related to the diskspace it will need. Since PS4 games do a complete install to the HD I was wondering if it wouldnt be a bit too much, even with stripping multiplayer, 3d stuff, etc, installing those 3 games will cost you quite some gigabytes. So I'm wondering if they are going to do that, or maybe opt for install options; as in, 'what game do you want to install'.

Tenebrous

I'm going to be that guy, but I'm surprised so many people seem to have struggled with Crushing. The game has very few tricks up it sleeves, and the AI isn't that hard to hit.

(Only did Crushing on 1/2, though. Couldn't even finish UC3 once on any difficulty I disliked it that much).

I just want Crushing unlocked from the start. They did that with TLoU Remastered, hopefully they'll do it too with Uncharted Collection.

Very much this. I fucking HATE locked difficulties.

Top Bottom