• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection will have a new difficulty option

Ricky_R

One thing they should fix, providing that they haven't already, is the bug where enemies would stay alerted in Uncharted 3 even if you died and started over.

I never heard of that corner exploit before...

Many 3rd person shooters have the same system of bullets flying in basically from the middle of the screen or as hitscan bullets so they will hit as long as the crosshair is not obstructed. Meaning you can "exploit" walls by using them to cover the character, and effectively shoot through walls.

uncharted_aiming.jpg

Shin-Ra

Too bad they didnt add an optional motion control aim assist in the 3 games while they were at it. The Vita game is the best one for shooting thanks to that.
Golden Abyss analog stick aiming wasn't well tuned pre-patch and the low resolution doesn't help but I'm a believer in gyro-aim-tweaking.

daniels

I never understood the bullet sponge complain in any of the uncharted games..
At most they take 3-5 shots, headshots are instant kill on any difficulty... yeah you have some encounters with "monsters" that take more but only at the end of the games.
Compare that to ANY other shooter let alone gears or farcry... and uncharted is actually on the low end in terms of bullet sponge.
But whatever crushing in 1 was kinda hard at certain parts i wonder how they deal with ammo you kinda need it more than in the lasut of us.

Shin-Ra

Done, 100% stealth! I was amazed by how much of the game can be done by stealth when I did it on Grounded. There are even parts towards the end where, if you sneak by all of the enemies, you get unique reactions/events just afterwards when later enemies don't expect you.

TLoU is a masterpiece.
I've refined my technique a bit since but you can stealth-avoid the tricky first half of the hospital which is a real bitch to shoot through.

https://youtu.be/EBQKWxhmvp0

And check out my jammy triple molotov kill right at the end!

thelastword

Banned
Is Rhodes talking about a possible Uncharted 2 ver.1.5 Multiplayer HUB? Or are they throwing golden abyss in as well. Either would be swell, but I'd take a golden abyss remake.

Crushing was already very frustrating. I really don't feel like playing somehting even harder. Hell no. Some areas are just "throw your controller at a wall" level of frustration.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Crushing was already very frustrating. I really don't feel like playing somehting even harder. Hell no. Some areas are just "throw your controller at a wall" level of frustration.

I am really not looking forward to:

UC1:
Water room
The castle area
The Church/Courtyard

UC2:
Tank Battle
Monastery section
Final Boss

UC3:
Shipyards area
Airplane Hangar
First hallucination/Demon fight

Mikey Jr.

UC1:
Water room
The castle area
The Church/Courtyard

UC2:
Tank Battle
Monastery section
Final Boss

UC3:
Shipyards area
Airplane Hangar

Yeah, there are a lot of "Ohh no, fuck this part...."

Although I thought you could stealth a lot of the hangar, no?

Depending on when I stop playing mgsv, I'll pick this up and try to get all three platinums. I'll have to be feeling very masochistic. Definitely Among Thieves though.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I beat UC1 on Crushing and have no memory of this water room you guys are talking about. The only encounter that's etched in my mind is the church. Took me so many retries.

Walpurgis

Banned
Uncharted on crushing is generally not that bad. The trick is to not lock yourself into cover but to stand beside the cover while slowly strafing to peak outside. This way, you can shoot enemies without getting turned to swiss cheese in seconds.

The few parts that it is bad are the areas with lots of enemies and bad cover (waist high cover). There are also parts like helping Camera Man Jeff in UC2 that are purely based on luck.

I've platted all three and the water room in UC1 was easily the most frustrating for me. That and the Shipyards from 3 are the two sections I vividly remember getting angry at.

UC1:
Water room
The castle area
The Church/Courtyard

UC2:
Tank Battle
Monastery section
Final Boss

UC3:
Shipyards area
Airplane Hangar

You're forgetting the Dome at the beginning of Chapter 11, Trapped. That's probably the worst part in the game next to the
Zombies
. I never found the Water Room to be that frustrating but the Church/Courtyard, I can definitely relate.

Uncharted 2's only difficult part were the fights against the
Yetis and the final boss
. Everything else, you could use different strategies to get through but yeah, Monastery does get frustrating as to how it feels like it never ends.

Uncharted 3, both the Shipyards and Airplane Hangers were fantastic. The only true worst part of the game were the
Demons

Just my thoughts though.

Best wishes.

Bandit1

I suspect that with "recalculated" damage to enemies, that they may be somewhat easier to kill in response to bullet sponge complaints, thus making crushing difficulty not quite as crushing as before, with the new difficulty coming in just a little tougher than the old crushing. Just a theory. I guess we won't really know until we get our hands on it, either way I'm excited for this.

Flandy

I've platted all three and the water room in UC1 was easily the most frustrating for me. That and the Shipyards from 3 are the two sections I vividly remember getting angry at.

I somehow managed to get through the Water Room on my second or third try. I just remember being in there for less than 10 minutes. Was pure luck :lol

KyleCross

Sort of. If you want to change the difficulty you don't have to restart the game but you had to restart the chapter.

That's not dynamic difficulty, that's just mid-game difficulty changing. Dynamic difficulty is something the game does automatically out of the players control as a result of them dying either once or repeatedly. For example Resident Evil 4 will cut down on the amount of enemies in one area as well as dumb down their AI (making them less dangerous), bosses health will get lower, and ammo will become more common.

Or how bosses in fighting games get easier and eaiser the more you lose to them. Like how the final Superman fight in Injustice will fuck you up but if you die 5 times to him he becomes a punching bag.

There's a whole mess of games with dynamic difficulty. Dunno how it works in Uncharted, I assume made the AI less agressive largely.

SomTervo

I beat UC1 on Crushing and have no memory of this water room you guys are talking about. The only encounter that's etched in my mind is the church. Took me so many retries.

It's a stupid name for the place if I'm thinking of the right bit. The "water room" is the
flooded tunnels section where you first get attacked and chased by the zombie creatures.

I don't remember it being very hard at all, but I'm not sure I played Uncharted 1 on Crushing.

Edit: I'm talking shit, it's this room:

I've refined my technique a bit since but you can stealth-avoid the tricky first half of the hospital which is a real bitch to shoot through.

https://youtu.be/EBQKWxhmvp0

And check out my jammy triple molotov kill right at the end!

Wow, that was great!

Amazing work sneaking past every single enemy in the first room. We actually did it the other way round: you 100% stealthed the first Hospital room, and part-fought the last section – I part-fought the first room and 100% stealthed the last section.

In the first area I mainly waited at corridors and just behind window ledges and grabbed/strangled 90% of the guys. The last group I just snuck past, still triggering the guys running along to catch up when you hide behind the counter.

And it is possible to strangle every guy in the last room. Not easy, but possible.

That triple molotov is so bugged, haha. The guy was like 12 feet away from the small splash of fire.

Kaze2212

Thinking back at all the locations in the Uncharted games, I only just now realized that we actually haven't seen anything from Uncharted 4 so far and I was still amazed.

All the Uncharted 4 footage so far has been pretty grounded compared to the earlier entries in the series - lol.

Venture

It's a stupid name for the place if I'm thinking of the right bit. The "water room" is the
flooded tunnels section where you first get attacked and chased by the zombie creatures.

I don't remember it being very hard at all, but I'm not sure I played Uncharted 1 on Crushing.
No, it's this room. You have enemies coming at you from all sides.

pDTukZql.jpg

badyu17

Woohoo, no more bullet sponges. Enemies could survive multiple headshots in the first game. It was LAME

What? No way man, I remember when I played UC1 for the second time, it was a real joy to pull off headshots. I was going for headshot almost every time because I was more familiar with the mechanics after playing the game once. I was one of the few players that hated new shooting mechanic in UC2 when you see the bullets flying from the weapon and fairly slow at that. It felt like they are all using air soft guns and really lame. Anyway, shooting wise UC1 was the best for me. Much more memorable encounters in first game.

Did we ever find out what he's talking about? I'm super, super curious. He hypes it up to be something pretty substantial.

As of now, I think the summer demo and the ability to use skins for all 3 games could be what he was talking about. Maybe U1 is getting a really good overhaul so that all 3 games can look nearly identical, at least in character models. I'm hoping for an option to play all 3 games in one go.

As of now, I think the summer demo and the ability to use skins for all 3 games could be what he was talking about. Maybe U1 is getting a really good overhaul so that all 3 games can look nearly identical, at least in character models. I'm hoping for an option to play all 3 games in one go.

Hmm, interesting. A summer demo is nice but hopefully he means more than that since it's not a feature for the actual game. The skins also mean nothing to me personally. A big overhaul to UC1 would be sweet. Really not too sure what else there could be but I'm hoping it's something super cool.

Top Bottom