• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Why would this happen?

The last we hear of Euron in the books is reports of his fleet sacking along The Reach. It's definitely leading to something, but since GRRM is sooooooooo slow we can only guess as to what that is. The invasion leading to a big confrontation at Oldtown seems to make the most sense, since the Citadel is a major location being established and developed in the books too. We know there's something magical there, and the Faceless Men are either trying to kill someone related to that or are trying to steal it themselves. Euron claims to know much about magic having sailed around the world.

Furthermore, the casting lists for S6 suggests that they might be casting for
Sam's entire family, which could imply that his father is called into service to defend against... something.

"There isn't going to be a siege."

*points to Ramsey and 20 men riding towards them*
cj7Gp5c.png
From the unsullied.

jett

D-Member
The last we hear of Euron in the books is reports of his fleet sacking along The Reach. It's definitely leading to something, but since GRRM is sooooooooo slow we can only guess as to what that is. The invasion leading to a big confrontation at Oldtown seems to make the most sense, since the Citadel is a major location being established and developed in the books too. We know there's something magical there, and the Faceless Men are either trying to kill someone related to that or are trying to steal it themselves. Euron claims to know much about magic having sailed around the world.

Furthermore, the casting lists for S6 suggests that they might be casting for
Sam's entire family, which could imply that his father is called into service to defend against... something.

Huh okay. I always had a problem following world locations in the books.

mantidor

Tyrion and Varys running Meereen is gonna be amazing.
#season6willbegood

Meereen is so abysmally boring only those two could make watchable.

But I'm not sure I'll be following the show that much. My viewing companions of the finale all had the same feeling that it was getting too soap opera-ish. My unspoiled friend was pissed at Jon's death and doesn't want to go on with the show, even when I told him the books hint more about a resurrection.

Kain

OK, some thoughts

- Theon snapping was okeysh. Poor Myranda, she was kinky and hot :(

- Myrcella dying was the thing I expected the least. It's going to be an uncomfortable ride home for Jaime and Trystane... and if Doran is behind it, killing Myrcella was a bad decission, if not, he is a moron. Then again, book Doran has proven time after time that he is a jobber.

- Jon's death should have been a little more sad, but oh well. Fucking Olly.

- Arya's scene was awesome. Finally she seems to have understood that Jaqen was no one. The blindness was a little cheap touch but oh well.

- I couldn't care less for Tyrion and Dany and friends, just like in the books.

- Brienne killing Stannis. FUCK. I'm so mad at D&D for making Stannis a joke. I know he will die in the books, he will have a sad, pitiful ending, but it pisses me off to no end that fucking plot armor hero Ramsay is so OP. Fuck again.

- It was pretty obvious they used cgi for Cersei. I don't get it (maybe she was cold?), she is not suppossed to have a perfect ass and good tits, she's entering her forties just like Lena so... maybe she was shy or something?

Now the highlights

- Poor Davos with his sad face :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

- Carice Van Houten has been absolutely gorgeous throughout this season. I said DAMN.

- The winner this season is Bronn. Paid vacation to Dorne and he has found himself a perfect-titted, hot and bad girlfriend. Bastard.

And now we count the days until they cast Mads for the Euron role.

Enosh

If the big battle towards the end of the season is Euron laying siege on the Citadel, then it could really be pretty awesome!
Euron laying siege to the citadel, all going well
suddenly ships appear on the horizon, flayed men on their banners, it's ramsay and 20 good men on ships they got after defeating Stannis
utterly obliterate the greyjoy fleet because Ramsey is the best commander

edit:
Euron shows up and begins his siege. Then the show cuts to Ramsey winning and killing his last men
god dammit, beaten

- It was pretty obvious they used cgi for Cersei. I don't get it (maybe she was cold?), she is not suppossed to have a perfect ass and good tits, she's entering her forties just like Lena so... maybe she was shy or something?

She has a lot of tattoos.

Euron laying siege to the citadel, all going well
suddenly ships appear on the horizon, flayed men on their banners, it's ramsay and 20 good men on ships they got after defeating Stannis
utterly obliterate the greyjoy fleet because Ramsey is the best commander

and the boats are riding horses too.

Could ramsay's horses fit in winterfell ? That number looked like bullshit, winterfell is big but this big ? Come the fuck on.

Euron

Don't worry guys we'll get some great scenes next season once Littlefinger gives Sansa to Euron.

Also I can't wait to see Doran lose his only heir next year because of the sand snakes. Too bad he can't reproduce asexually like Mace Tyrell in the show.

Thought the finale was a bit poor. Didn't do Stannis' or Jon's deaths particularly well...
not that either are dead.

What's Davos going to do now? He has no reasoning to go look for Rickon.

Senator Soufflé;167956969 said:
Thought the finale was a bit poor. Didn't do Stannis' or Jon's deaths particularly well...

Davos is actually Stannis after Melisandre switched them with her glamour power
boom.gif

belushy

Banned

I don't think he will purposely go looking for Rickon, but he has no reason to stay in Castle Black so I'm guessing he is leaving, maybe riding the coast looking to get on a boat when he is picked up by Umber men who bring him back to Last Hearth where they reveal they have Rickon.

Massa

I thought the Stannis death was well done. The major flaw with his arc imo was that they sped up the "we're fucked -> let's burn Shireen" in episode 9, but it's obvious why now. His last line was pretty good, I can see that being straight from TWOW.

Davos doesn't need to go look for Rickon, he's not lost in the middle of cannibals in the show. The northern house that took him in will conveniently show up when necessary, if he matters to the story.

Pretty much as expected and hey they did make Arya blind. Umm, where was Ghost? I was a little let down they didn't do the warging or at least Jon calling for him but they've never hinted at waring for anyone other than Bran so can't be let down that much though again, where was Ghost?

Maybe it was because of light reflecting on my screen making it hard to see but were there spots where they used a body double for Lena with some bad work sticking her face on the double's head?

That bad pussy line was so bad. Surprised it made it in.

Are you? Are you really?

Euron

Now the only way the show can be redeemed is if the very first scene of season 6 is Euron railing Ellaria Sand on top of Ramsay's mutilated corpse while the sand snakes burn alive in the background and a confirmed alive Stannis nods in approval.

Lothar

Banned
- Myrcella dying was the thing I expected the least. It's going to be an uncomfortable ride home for Jaime and Trystane... and if Doran is behind it, killing Myrcella was a bad decission, if not, he is a moron. Then again, book Doran has proven time after time that he is a jobber.

There's no way in hell Jaime wouldn't turn the ship right around to try to kill some sand snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom