• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

I still think by the time #TeamDany finally makes it to Westeros in the show the entire continent will be overun by undead.

What an absolute mess of a season. Almost none of the best moments of books 4/5 made it. No "Fire and Blood" speech, no "The North Remembers", no "Stark Men!", no "Forgive me" in the Godswood, no Frey Pies, no "With a trebuchet", I could go on but why bother.

Instead we got Jaime's pointless trip to Dorne, Sansa unnecessarily raped by Ramsey, Stannis gets raped by D&D, I don't know WTF happened with Melissandre.

TWOW better come out before next season is all I have to say.

ryseing

Doesnt it take like a month to get from Winterfell to the Wall?

The show is VERY inconsistent when it comes to stuff like this.

Davos was already there. Safe to assume Winterfell PoV is a week ahead of the Wall.

Biggest regret of the season is no Fire and Blood. Maybe we get it in the premiere if Jaime et al has to turn back? I want to see badass Doran.

DueFiumi

Neo Member
So almost all my favorite characters are dead. Two died this episode, sure, there's a chance Jon will be resurrected. Not sure if I believe it anymore, though.

I'm really disappointed with Barristan's and Stannis' deaths this season. Feels like they wasted two amazing characters and two amazing actors.

I think the biggest problem with the show is that it's overbearingly depressing. At least in the books there's always a bit of hope that keeps you going for more. Stannis might still win the battle of Ice, and it's very ambiguous whether Jon even died at all.

This episode kinda killed my excitement for the next season. If anything it's got me more excited for Winds of Winter. I want a better ending for characters like Stannis and Barristan. I was a really big fan of the show but this season had me kind of 'ugh'. :( Mostly because of how sad everything is.

Will the show explain why all of Mel's tricky magic worked before, but not this time? Or was it more that "it worked" (the weather cleared up) but other shit occurred that she did not foresee?

Kain

Will the show explain why all of Mel's tricky magic worked before, but not this time? Or was it more that "it worked" (the weather cleared up) but other shit occurred that she did not foresee?

What the show needs to explain is that she's awful at her job and all the visions pointed to Jon, not Stannis, and I'm not sure they can do it right knowing how bad the show is at hinting subtle things.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I'm guessing that's what Ellaria and the Sand Snakes want. If the Lannisters have Trystane and murder him to avenge Myrcella's death, there'll be an all-out war.

Yep.

Also, any speculation on what's her name biting Bronn's ear with that awful line? Is he poisoned too?

Congrats to D&D for fucking up the arcs of Sansa, Stannis, Theon, Littlefinger, Sand Snakes, Ellaria, Jaime, Myrcella, Barristan, Brienne, Meryn Trant (lol). Am I missing someone?

rashbeep

Banned
#teamjonisdead

A lot of people think he is going to be back because he's the only POV at the Wall. But...why do we need a story at the Wall now? The next time we see the characters at the Wall they will be overrun by White Walkers and wights. I just think that story has run its course now.

Mel showing up at the wall is just a red herring. A D&D troll job. Hoping that she is there to rez Jon but what if she's just there because she had nowhere else to go? And has she ever mentioned Azor Ahai by name, in the show? Talked about the prophecy? I don't believe she has.

I think the show is starting to build towards R+L=J. They are hinting at Rhaegar not being a complete asshole capable of raping Lyanna.

It's weird. Somehow, I enjoyed the finale overall, despite hating almost every single thing that happened. It's strange. But my girlfriend and I have been ranting at each other all day about how much this part sucked or that part was stupid.

Brakke

Banned
New thread! Must be some new news!

What the show needs to explain is that she's awful at her job and all the visions pointed to Jon, not Stannis, and I'm not sure they can do it right knowing how bad the show is at hinting subtle things.

How did you watch this ep and not come away thinking Mel is awful at her job?

dubq

Now the Lannisters will have Trystane as a prisoner
#SoSmart

Ellaria is just so stupid on the show. Constantly whining about revenge, when she should know that the person most responsible for Oberyn's death was Oberyn. Well aside from the Mountain, but even then, if Oberyn hadn't been a dumbass he would've lived.

Uhhh...

I'm guessing that's what Ellaria and the Sand Snakes want. If the Lannisters have Trystane and murder him to avenge Myrcella's death, there'll be an all-out war.

Exactly. Ellaria and the Snakes want war. A dead Princess and a captive Prince is a sure fire way to get their wish.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Uhhh...

Exactly. Ellaria and the Snakes want war. A dead Princess and a captive Prince is a sure fire way to get their wish.

Yeah, Doran fucked up in not round all four up and collecting severed heads.

Yep. The show made it clear that Jon is a serious person of interest to Mel, but unless you're aware of her book visions, there's really no context given as to why he's a person of interest.

So why is kings blood so magical anyway?

I mean, Robert, Stannis and co were just regular guys until the rebellion, then Robert becomes king and suddenly the entire bloodline is magical?

WTF?

dubq

Mel showing up at the wall is just a red herring. A D&D troll job. Hoping that she is there to rez Jon but what if she's just there because she had nowhere else to go? And has she ever mentioned Azor Ahai by name, in the show? Talked about the prophecy? I don't believe she has.

She hasn't specifically mentioned Azor, but has talked about prophecy, Lightbringer, and "the one true King." I'm guessing this is just the shows way of not making it overly complex for casual viewers. The look on her face when she first sees Jon Snow through flames, plus the scene where she tries to seduce him, are more than enough to show that she sees something in him that she also saw in Stannis.

It's also possible that her visions aren't always clear (ie: her talk of a battle in the snow with "Stannis" standing victorious). Maybe she was seeing Jon that entire time in the flames and was just thinking it was Stannis because of his royal blood. Or because they both have beards. ;)

Risking family in the process? Doesn't look like what the book Sand Snakes would do.

These aren't book Sand Snakes...

Brakke

Banned
To be fair, she was batting 1.000 before this!

She also gave that whole naked speech to Selyse about how some of her tricks are bullshit mummery. Plus she just recently failed to seduce Jahn Snu even though she's a redhead.

I mean, Robert, Stannis and co were just regular guys until the rebellion, then Robert becomes king and suddenly the entire bloodline is magical?

WTF?

Is it even magical at all?

RyanDG

WTF?

I actually don't believe that King's blood is magical at all. And Mel's god is actually some sort of chaos demon. It isn't a matter of sacrificing King's blood to get power, but rather, killing people who by chain of events, will eventually throw Westeros into complete turmoil. The murdering of those with 'King's' blood furthers the purpose of her chaos demon overlord (who eventually seeks to enslave all of Westeros in his false religion).

WTF?

The Baratheons have Targaryen blood. Whether that even means anything remains to be seen.

She also gave that whole naked speech to Selyse about how some of her tricks are bullshit mummery. Plus she just recently failed to seduce Jahn Snu even though she's a redhead.

True. Jon displayed strength there that I would not have.

I did love the Ultimate Cold Shoulder that Stannis gave her.

Tubie

Can you imagine if next season they just used all the book material they cut/skipped this season and we get nothing from TWOW.

I can see it:

-Jaime spending another season in Dorne
-Daenerys stuck for 5-6 episodes with the Dothraki then another 3 episodes learning how to control Drogon.
-Generally a whole lot of nothing happening everywhere else.

dubq

I actually don't believe that King's blood is magical at all. And Mel's god is actually some sort of chaos demon. It isn't a matter of sacrificing King's blood to get power, but rather, killing people who by chain of events, will eventually throw Westeros into complete turmoil. The murdering of those with 'King's' blood furthers the purpose of her chaos demon overlord (who eventually seeks to enslave all of Westeros in his false religion).

Mehrunes Dagon?? ;)

Lothar

Banned
What an absolute mess of a season. Almost none of the best moments of books 4/5 made it. No "Fire and Blood" speech, no "The North Remembers", no "Stark Men!", no "Forgive me" in the Godswood, no Frey Pies, no "With a trebuchet", I could go on but why bother.

Instead we got Jaime's pointless trip to Dorne, Sansa unnecessarily raped by Ramsey, Stannis gets raped by D&D, I don't know WTF happened with Melissandre.

TWOW better come out before next season is all I have to say.

This sums up the biggest problem of the season. Why have they added in so much terrible shit and took out all of the good positive moments? Why did they decide for this season to be the darkest ever and be a a constant stream of shitting on the viewer?

Are D & D depressed or suicidal this year?

CassSept

Robert and Stannis have Targaryen blood.

I think it doesn't matter, this was Robert's reasoning behind the rebellion, but in other cases Mel wants to burn everyone, from the heir of 'king beyond the wall' to Greyjoys (OK, not directly Mel).

How about this: the Night's Watch tries to burn Jon's body, but the body doesn't burn. Melissandre is intrigued, spends the season trying to rez him.

Jon Snow being just dead will mean there was a family called The Starks that pissed of GRRM some day and he wrote the whole series as revenge on them.

For all the whining about Ramsay, did he have some failures and setbacks in the books that I'm forgetting? Because I remember him coming out ahead every step of the way that we've seen so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom