• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Various Marvel vs. Capcom titles/DLC being delisted from XBL/PSN soon

jediyoshi

Ideally, because withholding content behind a DLC pay wall and then making it impossible to download that content at a later date is unbelievably scummy. I understand that it may not be their desire to delist this content, but just throwing your hands up and going 'if it's gone, it's gone!' whilst continuing to sell the base product is a dick move.

Impossible to download at a later date? What?

I'm still not seeing why it should be free in any case.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
its a little weird because Jill is owned by Capcom but yes if this is true you will be unable to get them

and stuff like this rarely ever gets put back up again

Saw coming back to Steam a couple of months ago after disappearing last year still feels like a dream. Talk about out of the blue. It's too early to say why Konami thought it prudent to obtain the licence again (but doing so was a wise move as the game sold like hotcakes during the Halloween Sale), but I do wonder if the internal PC port of Saw 2 will now see the light of day.

Reverend

Neo Member
Impossible to download at a later date? What?

I'm still not seeing why it should be free in any case.

For one thing, let's be clear- I'm referring to the DLC, not the games. You can still get the games in physical form.

Once it's de-listed in 3 days, it's gone. Period. You can't get it any more. The fact that Capcom held characters back as DLC is kinda scummy. Not being able to buy them any more is unfortunate AND scummy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I never got UMvC3, what was the DLC? Just costumes? Or any characters?
UMvC3 only got DLC costumes (outside of the 6 from MvC3 that already had them; which also transfers over to Ultimate).

If you're talking about what's new in UMvC3 compared to MvC3, there's a lot.

It should be noted that if Combofiend's announcement is s typo and he means that MvC2 is getting removed, then Jill and Shuma can still be downloaded since they're considered MvC3 DLC, and not Ultimate (they both carry over). I wish this could get all cleared up though.

jediyoshi

For one thing, let's be clear- I'm referring to the DLC, not the games. You can still get the games in physical form.

Once it's de-listed in 3 days, it's gone. Period. You can't get it any more. The fact that Capcom held characters back as DLC is kinda scummy. Not being able to buy them any more is unfortunate AND scummy.

Eh, at this point I don't care for the distinction seeing as the person I was quoting didn't bother to make it. But then to clarify further, are you referring to an inability to access downloading the content after they're delisted after having purchased them, or the obvious inability to purchase them after delisting?

Reverend

Neo Member
Eh, at this point I don't care for the distinction seeing as the person I was quoting didn't bother to make it. But then to clarify further, are you referring to an inability to access downloading the content after they're delisted after having purchased them, or the obvious inability to purchase them after delisting?

I'm referring to the inability to download them after they're delisted. If they offered them in some other way, that'd be a bit more ok, although I wouldn't want to buy a new disc just for Jill, Shuma, and the costumes. It's the fact that from the 17th onward, any copy of UMvC3 sold is going to be forever incomplete that bothers me.

Reverend

Neo Member
It should be noted that if Combofiend's announcement is s typo and he means that MvC2 is getting removed, then Jill and Shuma can still be downloaded since they're considered MvC3 DLC, and not Ultimate (they both carry over). I wish this could get all cleared up though.

I'm almost 100 percent sure that it's a typo, and this all has to do with a very specific digital distribution license for those two games. I'm willing to bet the port deals with Foundation 9 for MvC2 are a separate deal entirely.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
In any case, this is why I never complain about the $40 Capcom retail expansion.

Fuck the digital future.

Same shit happened a couple of years ago with Marvel Ultimate Alliance so seeing this isn't too much of a surprise.

Here's an interesting question if someone could answer. If you buy the Value Pack for Ultimate do the Vanilla costumes work in that version or do you have to buy them separately?

And they need to discount all that DLC super deep. Treat it as a fire sale and move on.

So I wonder what this means for the Swagneto alt? Is it forever locked to be used as a glitch costume or could Capcom just release a patch that just activates again?

Vodh

Does being delisted mean you won't be able to download them from your download list if you've purchased them? Or is it 'just' disappearing from the store and you won't be able to buy them if you haven't yet?

If it's the latter, it still sucks, but if it's the former I'm guessing there would have been much more outrage?

Does being delisted mean you won't be able to download them from your download list if you've purchased them? Or is it 'just' disappearing from the store and you won't be able to buy them if you haven't yet?

If it's the latter, it still sucks, but if it's the former I'm guessing there would have been much more outrage?

you can re-download as many times as you want until Sony like shuts down their servers for the PS3 store

If you buy the content before the delist then it's yours as long as the service that still hosts the content exist. So once its gone, its gone "forever." "Forever" in the case meaning that if or "when" Capcom works out a deal with Marvel then it'll comeback.

So how much to buy the 2 characters and all the costumes? (Umvc3)

$5 a pop. Less so at the moment if you're doing the PSN thing.

tsab

If you buy the content before the delist then it's yours as long as the service that still hosts the content exist. So once its gone, its gone "forever." "Forever" in the case meaning that if or "when" Capcom works out a deal with Marvel then it'll comeback.

$5 a pop. Less so at the moment if you're doing the PSN thing.

I am on PSN. So if I buy the 2 characters and the value pack I get all the costumes? Or do I have to get other dlc too? I hadn't keep up with capcpom milking.

PS:pal psn is still is full price

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
b6ac1d9ea5a0a9d2c7d19a2b1c0148b8.jpg

The only one that's worth it.

No 50% off in Europe?!
Doesn't look like it (grumble grumble grumble).

And the store UK PSN store layout really is quite confusing. I spent a while searching for the PS3 DLC but the store only lists the the Vita version of UMvC DLC which it turns out should actually be cross buy ("Buy this product for PlayStation®Vita and get the PlayStation®3 version FOR FREE. After purchasing, simply head to the PlayStation®Store “Download List” for your PS3™ and you’ll find this product ready to be downloaded.").

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Uhh.. do you have a source for this?

Sounds like it's ambiguous either way from the post and impossible to tell what exactly he meant.

Uhh.. do you have a source for this?

Sounds like it's ambiguous either way from the post and impossible to tell what exactly he meant.

Jill and Shuma are technically MvC3 content that just so happen to work with Ultimate. If it's MvC2 and Ultimate MvC3 being taken down, and not vanilla MvC3, then it probably means that people can still buy Jill and Shuma.

But yeah, it's ambiguous as hell and a terrible time for a typo.

Jill and Shuma are technically MvC3 content that just so happen to work with Ultimate. If it's MvC2 and Ultimate MvC3 being taken down, and not vanilla MvC3, then it probably means that people can still buy Jill and Shuma.

But yeah, it's ambiguous as hell and a terrible time for a typo.

But the problem with that is that Jill and Shuma are on sale too and I don't think they'd be if they weren't gonna be taken down.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Here's an interesting question if someone could answer. If you buy the Value Pack for Ultimate do the Vanilla costumes work in that version or do you have to buy them separately?

And they need to discount all that DLC super deep. Treat it as a fire sale and move on.

So I wonder what this means for the Swagneto alt? Is it forever locked to be used as a glitch costume or could Capcom just release a patch that just activates again?

As far as I can remember, for the costumes, there is only one all-character costume pack, just like there is only one Jill and Shuma pack that works for both games. Don't quote me on that, I'd say the day that you're going to buy them, just search first.

There's also usually a description where you buy them as well that says so also.

Any chance that the DLC still goes on sale in the next few days on the EU PSN?
Or do price updates usually only happen on Thursdays?

FSLink

Banned
Hopefully this means an Uncanny MVC3 digital version being announced with a balance patch, Jill/Shuma + previous DLC costumes included. Gotta believe. :(

ILoveBish

Hopefully this means an Uncanny MVC3 digital version being announced with a balance patch, Jill/Shuma + previous DLC costumes included. Gotta believe. :(

Even if this were to happen, the vita would get nothing anyway, best to get dlc for it while you can, capcom hates the platform.

Domstercool

I really hate the whole licence bollocks that comes with games. If that title is using a licence, then that licence should last forever for that one title, not 2-3 years.

This is why I worry about the digital future, losing out on games because some licence ran out. Not everyone buys games right away, sometimes, 4-8 years down the line, someone finds out about a game and wants to try it, but wait, it's gone from the digital service.... absolute bollocks.

EricB

Haven't seen it mentioned here, but Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins is currently down to only $7.49 ($3.75 for PS+). I'd been waiting for a drop on that as well Jill/Shuma and only noticed it because I was searching through the deals section on PSN.

FSLink

Banned
I really hate the whole licence bollocks that comes with games. If that title is using a licence, then that licence should last forever for that one title, not 2-3 years.

This is a bit iffy due to Marvel's lawyers.
Even if this were to happen, the vita would get nothing anyway, best to get dlc for it while you can, capcom hates the platform.

I own MvC3 on both platforms with all DLC (except Shadow Battles lol), and UMvC3 on 360/PS3/Vita with all DLC so I think I'm okay.

Top Bottom