• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Various Marvel vs. Capcom titles/DLC being delisted from XBL/PSN soon

-PXG-

And people want an all digital future. Idiots. Yeah, this is why it would never work. Licensing is a bitch.

Domstercool

This is a bit iffy due to Marvel's lawyers.

I own MvC3 on both platforms with all DLC (except Shadow Battles lol), and UMvC3 on 360/PS3/Vita with all DLC so I think I'm okay.

Oh, it's not just Marvel, it's with every licensed product (no Outrun 2 anymore :( ), and that's what I hate about it. Is it really that had to agree to having a licence last forever, or at least a large amount of time (say 75 years) on ONE game. I hate it when things interfere with the history of something, and since games are moving to a digital future, it's going to be bollocks if I can't suddenly buy a game that I got an interest in 5 years after its release, only because I either didn't know about it or I wasn't in that state of mind to play it on its release.

It scares me to think what we might loose in the future.

kick51

Banned
Well, guess nothing Marvel related is getting announced today.

As someone who has been to a super hype UMVC3 gf, it's a complete shame they don't give this game more love.

And people want an all digital future. Idiots. Yeah, this is why it would never work. Licensing is a bitch.

that's some short sighted stuff. The law changes and digital publishing is new ground...no need to be anti-progress just because there are some bumps in the road.

itJfzx5.jpg

Just had enough

Im not sure about the rants here against marvel, disney allowed teknoman blade into vs tatsunoko, licensing for that would of been cheap considering it was always going to bomba

ChronoX

As much as I fear games being delisted from various digital stores in the future, I still feel safer making these sorts of purchases on the PC. When my PS3 goes down the drain the only option I will have is to buy another PS3. At least on the PC there will always be a community somewhere, dedicated to getting their old games to work on future operating systems. I still never understood how Capcom could release every version of Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter x Tekken but no Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on the PC.

Loona

It's pretty weird neither SRK.com nor EventHubs have listed this in their frontpages, this makes a bigger dent in their pet game's future than whatever regional tournament or quirky video they're so fond of treating as actual news.

If it's Marvel related, it odd that the Capcom stuff like Jill or the classic looks for Ryu and Strider Hiryu don't stick around...

That sucks. I would have thought that after the fiascoes of past gens and licensed games and just how the industry works these days, companies would start writing contracts that give them the right to sell games in perpetuity across current and future platforms as long as the agreed upon royalty per unit sold is maintained.

Anyways, maybe they're taking it down because they want to do something cool with it that will make it a waste of space to even carry the old version.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
If I get the Value Pack ($9.99) and the two characters, does that have everything?

Woah, the two characters are 100KB? Capcom really does a great job with compressing files.

I think that's everything for UMVC3.

And ha ha, yeah Jill and Shuma are just locked on the UMVC3 disc.

Although I already owned all the DLC and the digital MvC2, I wish that Capcom would have given more than a weeks notice on this type of stuff.

Although Jill is tied to the UMVC3 game, couldn't they sell her by herself since she is a CAPCOM character or does licensing not work like that?

It would be nice that when companies make deals for DLC in licensed games that the DLC lasts the entire life of the generation. I can't get the DLC characters in the 360 version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 anymore.

At least people who really want MvC2 can get the DC version and UMvC3 isn't a digital only game like TMNT in time: Reshelled or that Outrun Online Arcade that are unavailable to anyone who don't have them already.

At least people who really want MvC2 can get the DC version and UMvC3 isn't a digital only game like TMNT in time: Reshelled or that Outrun Online Arcade that are unavailable to anyone who don't have them already.

Damn, I wonder if physical MvC2 prices are going to skyrocket again.

I wish I hadn't found out about Outrun Online Arcade until it was delisted.

LQX

Is there any logic to not having a fire sale on the game before they have to pull them? Ugh.

shaowebb

NRS got the license

get ready for DC vs Marvel

This actually isn't too hard to believe right now. Marvel has been sniffing WB games a lot lately and they've enjoyed what they got from Marvel Lego so far. Its not unheard of that they may try to cash in with NRS who won Fighting game of the Year with Injustice. That game pulled in some really nice profits and its still selling now that PC and ultimate are out.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
So am I correct to assume that if I were to get Jill/Shuma and then get a new PS3 a few months from now I would not be able to transfer them to the new PS3 b/c the file wouldn't be on PSN any more? Would I still be able to access through my transaction history?

vazel

Banned
I guess this explains why it's getter harder to find UMvC3 new on online retailers. Time for me to stop procrastinating and buy the game.
Which blows my mind, because Capcom is the only company that makes a game involving Marvel characters which isn't shit.
Marvel Heroes has gotten better and is continuing to get better with patches but unfortunately not many people play it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Gee, how thoughtful: -50% instead of a -75% discount.

At least I have Jill and Shuma. The costume DLC leaves a lot to be desired.

My major issue is that the console versions of UMvC isn't put on the store for digital download... unless it went up silently and under my radar?

So am I correct to assume that if I were to get Jill/Shuma and then get a new PS3 a few months from now I would not be able to transfer them to the new PS3 b/c the file wouldn't be on PSN any more? Would I still be able to access through my transaction history?

Delisted != removed.

Simply REMOVED from BUYING. Not REMOVED from OWNING.

Is there any logic to not having a fire sale on the game before they have to pull them? Ugh.

Or give it away free like GoG is doing for the Fallout transfer.

Toad.T

Banned
Is the DLC crossbuy? I have the game on Vita, so I'm wondering if I should jump on the console version as well.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Is the DLC crossbuy? I have the game on Vita, so I'm wondering if I should jump on the console version as well.

Yes PS3 DLC is crossbuy in either direction.

Buy DLC now for Vita and you can download the PS3 unlock keys later.

KiraXD

wait wait wait.... i already purchased MvC2 but currently dont have it installed... will it stay on my download list or will it be gone gone... like i should re-download it and keep it on my ps3?

Delisted != removed.

Simply REMOVED from BUYING. Not REMOVED from OWNING.

this a sure thing?

Top Bottom