• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vergil teased for DMC4:SE! (Also, DmC Definitive Edition trailer)

Dahbomb

M4IM949.png

Basically confirmed in this trailer at the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MruA6AfRpU&feature=youtu.be

Hystzen

Can't stop laughing that whoever at Capcom thought putting the tease at end of DmC was good idea. Talk about stealing all its thunder and interest

Curious to know if the manual enemy lock-on will also get rid of the forward-back control scheme for DmC.

Still, only buying DMC4SE of these two.

FinKL

So DmC:DE comes with DMC4 special edition?

Also, ironic they bullet point *60fps in the trailer, but the video plays back at 30fps for me in youtube/chrome.

Asd202

LoL the last few second with Virgil and DMC4 logo generated more hype than the whole 2 minutes DMC trailer.

Haunted

I played both on PC last gen - looking over the feature list, this doesn't add enough to warrant another purchase, imo.

Cool for those who haven't played either before or superfans of the franchise, obviously.

I don't like this thread title. Clearly, Vergil in DMC4 is the bigger news.

Also, could this mean we'll also get new story missions? I hope so.

Edit: And right after I post this comment, the title is changed. Lol.

Dahbomb

Guys the additions to the Definitive edition in DmC are super legit. It's a shame that Vergil has hi jacked the DmC hype but that edition is super duper nice!

If DMC4 doesn't have at least half of that shit I will be sort of disappointed.

Hexa

Oh hey. The title of the thread got fixed. Nice!
Wonder if there'll be any other major changes?
We probably won't find out till after DmC though due to marketing and all that.

dat thread title change tho
Guys the additions to the Definitive edition in DmC are super legit. It's a shame that Vergil has hi jacked the DmC hype but that edition is super duper nice!

If DMC4 doesn't have at least half of that shit I will be sort of disappointed.
I think DMC4 wasn't necessarily busted in the same way that DmC was in the first place, though. Simply the addition of Vergil and LDK mode for the first time on consoles will be huge.

If there's one single thing DmC got right than DMC4 didn't, though, it's the in-level collectibles side of things. I'd love it if all of the hidden orb caches you have to find in DMC4 levels every. single. time. to get an SS orb score only needed to be found once (and once they were all collected you'd permanently have the SS score for orbs for that level).

Does that inflate scores? Sure. But making you jump around and find a bunch of that junk just to SS a given DMC4 level is annoying, and I'd love it if it all only had to be collected once like the Lost Souls/keys/doors in DmC.

Sephzilla

This is the latest SE ever, but a welcome one. Holy shit. This is going to be something special.

I'm really curious about the DMC4 SE. The Vergil tease is megaton for me. The fact that the DMC4 special edition is coming out later than the DmC special edition makes me wonder if there's more going on with the DMC4 SE than we realize - like maybe they're going back and plugging some of the storyline holes?

Top Bottom