• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vince Zampella: Titanfall beta was full res textures

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

Except the gaf masses who say stupid and just plain incorrect things every day without any fear at all of their account being banned.

KNYCeip.gif

Vizzeh

Banned
The discussion about cboat is surely a side topic for another thread, its kinda derailing this one?

The same textures @25% resolution is still the same assets, he is not that far wrong, unless he explains fully what he ment, it is ambiguous, chill :)

Hope Respawm make enough on this game to at least break even, their good devs, by damn they need a new engine. imo there was better looking last gen games, For this to be marketed like it has by MS mostly as Xbox ones flagship game in the launch window, more should be expected.

Gameplay is a huge factor to consider, but it would need to be unbelievable in reinventing COD (thats gone stale imo) to off-balance the look/performance.

Perhaps a CPU bound source engine is the wrong choice in Next gen given its comparably much lower power than the GPGPU/General GPU power.

Ntkrnl is actually CBOAT. He made a new alias and purposefully sacrificed his old account to take heat off himself. Ntkrnl even looks like how CBOAT would spell something. Must have gt tyrd uv ti ping awl weerd.
not serious

Why are people saying sayonara to the insane glutus maximus on a trolley?
Because he must be punished for his slights against Titanfall, which are also by-proxy slights against the Xbone.
Or so it seems going by some posters during this whole ordeal.

antitrop

Gameplay is a huge factor to consider, but it would need to be unbelievable in reinventing COD (thats gone stale imo) to off-balance the look/performance.
Titanfall reinvents CoD like CoD4 reinvented CoD.

The talent transferred over. After playing the Beta 30 hours, I have absolutely no doubts that the game is the real deal.

Unfortunately Bish said he would probably go down. I really hope they decide against it, I know they don't want people peddling bad info (which I agree with), but he's entitled to a miss. It hasn't exactly become a trend yet.

Even if he cboat doesn't get banned, his reputation is tarnished and can't be trusted. What's even the point carrying on with that account?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Because he must be punished for his slights against Titanfall, which are also by-proxy slights against the Xbone.
Or so it seems going by some posters during this whole ordeal.

Because for whatever reason cboat is on a warpath to get himself banned.

His account's probably been compromised.

Got damn, this is scary. Bish laying the smackdown into RKO into Five Knuckle Shuffle into Stone Cold Stunner on Cbutt.

What's the reason for banning him anyways? If the guy is a known insider and occasionally has good info, what does it matter if he's wrong a couple times?

Makes no sense.

That's the danger, what's to stop him from giving a couple of true tips only to gain trust, then start spreading false claims in between. Especially a guy who clearly has a chip on his shoulder, I mean you have to draw the line somewhere. If any poster here was disingenuous and spread FUD, then despite the developer saying otherwise and links and tweets from official sources, you still double down on your claims... at that point you better be right or have something to back your claims up, and that's why Bish said what he said. That was a bold move by Cboat that surprised and confused people at the same time.

Jarmel

Banned
This was such an insane thing for CBOAT to 'leak'.

A beta being worse than the final product would have a gargantuan deal.

xkramz

So someone being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to work PR for a major company can spread whatever FUD they want but an anonymous tipster can't. Makes sense...
Well that's the PR job. redbull... "It gives you wings", does it really?

Leaks on the other hand can either make or break a company rep. Therefore it's crucial to have great sources with facts and not speculations.

I know it's crazy. Like if you go in a thread with the title specifying the technical aspect of a game, like textures for example, the topic seems to be about graphics. But if you go into a thread with title about a playable build of a soon to be released game, the topic seems to be about gameplay.

It's absolutely hilarious. Posters discussing different topics? What's up with this site?

You are hilarious, my friend. The topics are asinine and anyone that invests too much time into such trivial things is most likely failing at life. Enjoy it all as you're most likely not contributing in any way other than being a smart ass on neogaf.

Well, yeah. Everyone's accountable.

Well, of course. My point was that each piece of information likely comes from different sources. He has a more established history than most leakers here and a longer list of things that he's been right about - and they've been bigger things as well, such as the 360 specs.

One event is bad, yes. A ban, sure. But I didn't quite get the call for it to be permanent. Not that you ever specified this, but others have certainly been calling for it. It could have just been a bad source or something of the like.

railGUN

Banned
You are hilarious, my friend. The topics are asinine and anyone that invests too much time into such trivial things is most likely failing at life. Enjoy it all as you're most likely not contributing in any way other than being a smart ass on neogaf.

Did you just go full Jeff Bell? You never go full Jeff Bell.

Gator86

Leaks on the other hand can either make or break a company rep. Therefore it's crucial to have great sources with facts and not speculations.

So you can come on GAF and spread misinformation as long as you're raking in a ton of cash to do it? Well that seems fair and not completely idiotic at all.

I think he's specifically referring to Penello, though as far as I know Penello is expected to maintain the same standard as any other poster here: he is supposed to post only those things that he knows to be true. There are, of course, questions as to whether or not he did so, but most people who are really out for blood on him were more upset over things he didn't say - which is somewhat ridiculous, as it's expected that he would not reveal, admit to, or comment on things that could cost him his job.

If he was provably, intentionally spreading misinformation, though, it's no different.

Hot Tip: posting directly defamatory/derogatory comments on the same page as bishop probably is an even worse idea than spreading misinformation.

kpaadet

So let me get this straight.
A billion dollar company that lie to the consumers = fine (it's their job)
An insider posting false leaks that hurts the reputation of the billion dollar company = not okay

Am I understanding you correctly?

I think he's specifically referring to Penello, though as far as I know Penello is expected to maintain the same standard as any other poster here: he is supposed to post only those things that he knows to be true. There are, of course, questions as to whether or not he did so, but most people who are really out for blood on him were more upset over things he didn't say - which is somewhat ridiculous, as it's expected that he would not reveal, admit to, or comment on things that could cost him his job.

If he was provably, intentionally spreading misinformation, though, it's no different.

Hot Tip: posting directly defamatory/derogatory comments on the same page as bishop probably is an even worse idea than spreading misinformation.

Please explain how my comment is more derogatory than his?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Well, of course. My point was that each piece of information likely comes from different sources. He has a more established history than most leakers here and a longer list of things that he's been right about - and they've been bigger things as well, such as the 360 specs.

One event is bad, yes. A ban, sure. But I didn't quite get the call for it to be permanent. Not that you ever specified this, but others have certainly been calling for it. It could have just been a bad source or something of the like.
Just because you ask Santa for a pony doesn't mean you'll find road apples under the tree Dec 26th.

Oh snap!

Someone call a burn center because you just burned a bunch of dudes so bad.

Please explain how my comment is more derogatory than his?

As a general rule, statements like "failing at life" (in relation to other posters) are frowned upon. You can call their argument stupid, you can call [insert thing person likes] terrible, but you should try to avoid directly casting aspersions on the people who are making those arguments or enjoying those things.

Good Example: "Knack is terrible and I don't understand how anyone could like it."
Bad Example: "Knack is terrible and everyone who likes it is clearly a blithering idiot."

Please note these statements are for example purposes only. I have not played Knack and have no opinion on it, or the people who play it. Offer void in AL, TN, SC, and VA.

You might as well say you can never judge a game since they can always be patched.
Completely different situation.

A publisher does not release a beta for hundreds of thousands of people to play if they aren't confident it's representative of the final product. An open beta is not an incomplete game, it's a sales pitch.
More often than not it is incomplete. If you want to ignore that just because they also use it as promotion, I don't know what to tell you.

If you're expecting much to change from open beta to release, especially in under a month's time, prepare for sore disappointment.
I don't expect anything. I had plenty of fun with the game as it was during beta so if there's no improvement I'll be fine with that. The fact that you think that build was representative of where they were at a month before release tells me a lot though.

Always thought the textures in the game looked quite good. What the game lacks in fancy graphics tech, I think it more than makes up for with all the other stuff it has going on as an online shooter. Plenty of nice looking effects (some more subtle than others, but still effective), it's busy enough to never be a visual bore, and the art is good. It comes together really well, much better than I think it gets credit for.

Lesson learned: Don't drink Black Label and post to neogaf as you may hurt people's feelings. I love neogaf and don't mean to offend anyone. In all seriousness, I cannot wait for Titanfall and don't care what it looks like as my super PC can handle all!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Fine with the cboat ban. He went back to the subject on his own and bet the farm. Bish just had to do what he had to do.

That being said I see no reason Pernello shouldn't have been banned long ago on the same pretense.

Always thought the textures in the game looked quite good. What the game lacks in fancy graphics tech, I think it more than makes up for with all the other stuff it has going on as an online shooter. Plenty of nice looking effects (some more subtle than others, but still effective), it's busy enough to never be a visual bore, and the art is good. It comes together really well, much better than I think it gets credit for.

you know honestly when i played it i forgot about any of that stuff - didn't even touch the settings..didn't really focus on anything because i was having so much fun playing i didn't even notice textures lol

Hopefully the ban will be lifted before E3 hype, so he has a chance to redeem himself.

Why would someone come back to contribute after being run out of town, though? You'd have to be pretty pathetic to sit there and wait to be unbanned just to come back and risk getting caught to continue sharing.

Are people that desperate wanting this game to fail because it's on the Xbone? If you hate the Xbone buy a PC and play it on that it will run and look better anyways. Don't be petty.

Grimløck;102823445 said:
looks pretty good.

I'm not really vested in the game one way or the other. I played the PC beta and got bored after a while, but that happens with more and more games the older I get, though. I will say those screens look good because of the current viewpoint, but when you move in on the meshes/textures everything starts to look really flat and the meshes are really low polygon. I mean, it's optimized, but it starts to look boxy when you remove so many polys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom