• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 - Hello World Teaser - World Premier on June 8th, 5PM

Falchion

I'm excited for 2. 1 had a lot of potential and I'll think they'll make the leap from AC to ACII with this one and address many of the issues with it.

Some Nobody

What I loved about the first game was how dynamic the encounters could be.

You could do the same encounter multiple times and play it out in different ways. Not the usual tps cover and shoot, although that was an option. But also combining stealth and hacking to clear an entire area without enemies ever noticing you was an amazing feeling.

Also the driving mechanics felt great, especially in first person mode.

...I, do not know what you're talking about WRT the driving, but the actual GAME parts of this game were incredible. People complaining about this thing either didn't play it very long at all, or couldn't get past the jerk protagonist. It was disappointing to me too at first, but at one point it just...clicked, and I couldn't put it down.

Dude's such a good hacker he can hack you with a hand behind his back. lol

I wish coding in real-life was just tapping in the phone screen a couple times too.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
...I, do not know what you're talking about WRT the driving, but the actual GAME parts of this game were incredible. People complaining about this thing either didn't play it very long at all, or couldn't get past the jerk protagonist. It was disappointing to me too at first, but at one point it just...clicked, and I couldn't put it down.
The driving was indeed ass, but yes aside from that the core gameplay of Watch Dogs was fantastic.

Garjon

I'd say the odds are good based off the first game. Of course we could always be surprised in a AC2 fashion.

The problem is that WD already borrows a lot of the mechanics from the AC games but frames them in a ~modern setting. AC2 was so good because it refined the mechanics of the first game that were relatively original at the time and added a whole bunch more in, whereas WD2 can't really do the same as those mechanics aren't fresh anymore. They'll basically have to throw a lot of the first game out and start from square one. Though that doesn't mean it can't be a fun game but I doubt it'll evoke the same reaction as AC2 did.

Cake Boss

Banned
Can't for it to demo amazingly at this E3 and then turns into a whole different game once its release.

Watch Dogs 1 was underrated tho.

aNltHsi.gif

Can't for it to demo amazingly at this E3 and then turns into a whole different game once its release.

Watch Dogs 1 was underrated tho.

I wouldnt say underrated. It has a metacritic of 80 which feels about right.
The game done a lot of things really well, just let down by its story and driving mechanics.

I enjoyed the original game but it definitely failed to live up to the expectations it set up for itself.

Here's hoping we get another AC > AC2 style improvement.

Setsuna

The driving was indeed ass, but yes aside from that the core gameplay of Watch Dogs was fantastic.

I still dont understand the complaints about driving in watch dogs

You quite literally cannot lose control of your car, and yet at the same time you can pull off any driving move you can think of

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Strangely enough the first thing that jumps into my head when I hear watchdogs is that game mode where you run from your friend who plays as the cops on a tablet. Shit was crazy fun for drinks and gaming..

Jeffrey

I still dont understand the complaints about driving in watch dogs

You quite literally cannot lose control of your car, and yet at the same time you can pull off any driving move you can think of

never had a big issue with the handling. Not being able to shoot is a bummer. hacking traffic lights and ramming just isn't fun.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
The game is releasing in less then five months. They will be showing something that is really close to being done.

Its Ubisoft...they are never done.

Hopefully this is an Assassin's Creed 2 situation and it rights most of the wrongs of the first one.

Also if the AC series is any indication, I'll just stop after this one for my own good.

Agentnibs

I feel like this trailer clearly has secret codes or something embedded in it. Has no one looked into it or do people just not care?

Gurish

It's like everybody are trying to release their trailers eariler so they will get that E3 hype without needing to comete for our attention with 100 other games, it happens every year (last year it was R&C gameplay that we got prior to E3 if you remember) but this year it's much more extreme with much bigger AAA games than ususal.

MattyG

Banned
I feel like this trailer clearly has secret codes or something embedded in it. Has no one looked into it or do people just not care?
That's what I was thinking. Seems like people are too eager to shit on it to be able to consider that there may be more to the teaser.

Not that it's good in and of itself or that hiding obscure stuff in your teasers is a good way to go about thinks, but I'm pretty sure there's more to it that just what people are shitting on.

Ideally would have gotten Clara as a protagonist

Why Ubi Why
Well there's the whole problem of
being dead.
Also, she wasn't a great character, unless I missed some side missions that gave her some interesting characterization or something. None of them were in the first game, really. Just wipe the slate clean and start with a whole new cast on this one.

sjay1994

An interesting protagonist in a Watch Dogs game? Come on son.

You know, I'd jump on you saying "they've only made one game, how can you even say they can't make a good protagonist", but Ubi Montreal haven't had an interesting protagonist since Ezio
I'd personally say since Connor, but I know I am in the minority on that one

They seem to be better at making side characters/villains than actual player characters.

Top Bottom