• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 Trailer - Welcome to San Francisco Gameplay

I'm tired of all this idealistic shit in games.

Yet some people aren't. You could, you know...skip it.

Do people not realize their preferences aren't universal law or ??

As far as guns in gameplay, much of the appeal of open world games is the relative freedom and options. I'll be trying to go non-lethal but I'll reserve the right to resolve a situation by any means.

Setsuna

WD2's version of SF ->

a7e8orvz.gif

(No homeless people in that trailer)

seriously though, the "gentrify this" billboard was pretty cool. I hope Ubisoft makes an explicit political stance regarding this and not have it be some cookie-cutter milquetoast rendition of 'anti-establishment' ideology

!:40 Because these guys are true home owners

ViciousDS

Banned
after Mafia 3, skipping on this sadly. I'm open world burned atm.....got to recover for FFXV.

I want this....but am skipping for FFXV, TLG and MWR.

Trying to cut down on buying a ton of games lol.

Will probably pick up on sale in the future.

Please don't pre order Ubisoft games, wait for reviews at least.
Can't say I've personally ever been betrayed by a Ubisoft product and I want the PS+ bonuses in addition to being able to preload it and not wait 12 hours after launch to download. In my eyes it looks like they've put a lot of effort into their product and made vast improvements over the original (which I was never interested in) I've also payed close attention to all the pre release material and countless opinions.

I think I'm good :p

Muffdraul

I can't believe they're getting me interested after how dull the first one was.

Though, after watching that the guns seem a little out of place. I wish the had tried to make a hacker/mischief/vandalism game where you never shoot anyone. To be clear, I don't mind violence in games, but the tone of the trailer seems more lighthearted than that, which I liked.

The choice is yours whether to go non-lethal or blow all of your enemies away. Giving the player the choice instead of forcing it makes it more meaningful.

Morts

The choice is yours whether to go non-lethal or blow all of your enemies away. Giving the player the choice instead of forcing it makes it more meaningful.

If you can go fully non lethal that'd be interesting. It's been awhile since I played the original but if it was an option there it was very practical.

SJRB

Gold Member
If you can go fully non lethal that'd be interesting. It's been awhile since I played the original but if it was an option there it was very practical.

The original WD doesn't have stun weapons of any kind. You could go about and take down thugs with the baton [which technically KO's enemies] but the outcome is the same. Pedestrians react the same to either, too.

All in all I'm very glad they're at least giving the option of going non-lethal. I find the concept of this gang of anti-establishment hackers running around with AK-47's gunning down average Joe just doing his job in security pretty daft. Thankfully Ubi realised the massive disconnect between the narrative and the gameplay as well and kinda bridged the gap with non-lethal weaponry.

yep. The entire thing is mired in it for sure
I'm even more excited now. I love that it's very silly and tongue in cheek (cyberdriver, hipster merchant, wrench) but also tries to explores serious real life themes and ideas which I think is the right direction in addition to the stylish nature and having Marcus as a protagonist, then all the different ways to approach gameplay situations. Definitely worth my dollar
Ted Cruz has his own mission too.

https://youtu.be/YbV_bBQN4GQ
I might love this just as much as Doom and Dark Souls III

Karak

I'm even more excited now. I love that it's very silly and tongue in cheek (cyberdriver, hipster merchant, wrench) but also tries to explores serious real life themes and ideas which I think is the right direction in addition to the stylish nature and having Marcus as a protagonist, then all the different ways to approach gameplay situations. Definitely worth my dollar.

Ya its a unique tact. Not sure it works or doesn't I only spent like 6 hours with it

Muffdraul

In the original you could "neutralize" enemies with melee takedowns or by shooting their limbs, which gave you less bad karma than killing them with headshots and body shots. There were some targets you had to kill no matter what. But it sounds like WD2 is designed so you can finish it without killing a single person.

dreamfall

Looks so much better than WD and I was one of the weirdos that liked the first.

I'm right there with you! I just loaded it up again after spending a good 50ish hours with it, and went into a gang hideout. And it was awesome - there are so many combat options, mixing with stealth and hacking leads to some hilarious outcomes.

I just need the driving to be better, and the protagonist to be compelling. Marcus already looks like he has way more personality than Aiden. Hope it is amazing!

I'm really impressed with how the vibes of everything shown with this game has turned me back on the series after how much I dislike the first game.

Looks like a complete 180 from the dreary and melodramatic first entry. Very excited for this.

b0uncyfr0

Trailer don't mean jack ; Watchdogs looked great too. That didnt end so well. Will wait for reviews and PC Port review.

hydruxo

Looks really good. My main complaint with the first game was how bland Chicago was, and you can tell Ubi really put alot more effort into giving WD2 tons of personality.

BratmanDu

Looks cool. I just 100%ed the first one and enjoyed it a lot more than i thought i would. Hopefully pc version runs ok. Not gonna hold my breath though. Hope they keep stealth as a real option for main and side missions. Loved doin those gang hideouts without raising alarm. Looks like they will still have that stuff.

This look good.
I wasn't really into what the original Watch Dogs was putting out, so I never bothered buy it. This one, however, is hitting all of the right notes for me. I have a pre-ordered on Amazon, if only for that Zodiac mission.

Doesn't the Ezio Collection come out the same day or very close to the same day? That's pretty dumb.

Can we customize what Marcus wears? Because I can't stand the whole hipster look he's got going.

Yeah. There was an event a while ago where outlets could capture some footage. A couple of them went into stores and bought new clothes and accessories.

Top Bottom