• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 Trailer - Welcome to San Francisco Gameplay

ymgve

Looking at the Gamersyde videos, it looks like they're using checkedboard rendering, which is a bit disappointing but I guess that's what it takes to get the game to run on 1080p.

ryseing

I am stupid, stupid hyped for this. If Ubi fixes the driving (which they said they have) and the stealth gameplay is as much of a step up as it appears, WD2 will be GOTG material. Loving everything I've seen, even the "stupid" designs of the cast.

Increased interactivity with the world is also a huge plus. I replayed the first game recently, and it felt like a stab in that direction, but was held back by the last gen. I want to hack everything.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Looking at the Gamersyde videos, it looks like they're using checkedboard rendering, which is a bit disappointing but I guess that's what it takes to get the game to run on 1080p.

Base PS4 games aren't using checkerboard rendering.

Menitta

I wish I was more hyped for this game. After getting sooooo excited for Watch Dogs 1 and even getting the LE, and I can easily see this being miles better, I just can't get excited for it. I mean, I'll get it eventually, I guess.

Alienfan

Looks really fun, but my god does the protagonist seem far up his own ass. Aidan is a pretty low bar,but nothing we've seen so far gives me confidence that they'll get above it let alone reach it. Hopefully the game is super self aware, not a fan of the tone - I do like his design though

marmoka

Banned
For those who played the first game: does this game look much better? Is there a big improvement? Or is it more of the same?

When does reviews embargo end?

Thanks!

J3nga

I also want this to be good, but I'd rather stay skeptical about it and get surprised instead of jumping on a hype train which so often gets us gamers to a b***hole.

TheRadBrad Playthrough part 1. In case you're not convinced. I may have changed my mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIHeXWADLtA

Really don't like the commentary in this video. It sounds like some weird version of Bill Burr if he were to want to cater to young people on youtube.

Anyway, the game looks great. I actually kind of liked the original Watch Dogs, so if this is just a better version of that, then I'm fine.

kvn

Really don't like the commentary in this video. It sounds like some weird version of Bill Burr if he were to want to cater to young people on youtube.

Anyway, the game looks great. I actually kind of liked the original Watch Dogs, so if this is just a better version of that, then I'm fine.

I muted at "youtube is mah safe haven thank you guys so" MUTE.

Fordy

Looking good from what I've seen. Do we know if they have added aircraft this time around?
Other than the drone

The only noteworthy thing about the main character is that he's an "80's film buff." That still makes him more interesting than Aiden Pearce I suppose.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Ask and you shall receive
G5rw8NZ.png

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_watch_dogs_2_homemade_videos-18493_en.html
Ok then o_O

The PS4PRO patch is day one... Can't wait to roam in 4K on my PRO in my man cave with my KS8000. The tv is beast and combined with PROSI can't wait...

Wait till you see alcatraz island and what you can do there... The depth of the game is night and day compared to the first...

They got me to buy this. Despite the fact that I despised the way Watch Dogs turned out. I hated that no matter how sneaky you were, most missions ended in alarms going off and guns coming out.

Am I just falling for this again? I love the missions where you hack your way through areas while sitting outside. I aim to never use a gun.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
They got me to buy this. Despite the fact that I despised the way Watch Dogs turned out. I hated that no matter how sneaky you were, most missions ended in alarms going off and guns coming out.

Am I just falling for this again? I love the missions where you hack your way through areas while sitting outside. I aim to never use a gun.
There's a playstyle and skill tree dedicated to that, called trickster.

Is there any video that has like pure gunplay so I can get a feel of how punchy and how gory it is?
They're not aiming for gore or extreme violence. This video explains the mechanics well.

Top Bottom