• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 Trailer - Welcome to San Francisco Gameplay

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yea that trailer was pretty hype, gonna go ahead and make a thread for the shit ton of videos that got released today.

Wolfe

There was a shot of a homeless camp at 1:40.

!:40 Because these guys are true home owners

They basically did erase the homeless people from the city for the game going by that trailer. But then again it is just a trailer.

Having just started playing WD I'm enjoying the brighter more colorful look of the second game. Actually a bit surprised at how big the game looks, wasn't expecting you to be able to go across any of the main bridges like that.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Can you turn off the hacking lines that appear everywhere? That stuff kills these games for me.

Not sure. Obviously better but resolution to me isn't a big spot that needs the most attention either.

just having more pixels will help a bit, but if the same crappy aa method is used it will still be very aliased.

The res increase on the Pro is a weird one, 1800p. I debate if it is large enough of an increase for a real difference (at least on a 1080p screen)

I did do a downsampling test today, however, and ran some PC games at 1527p and the results were still pretty good looking when compared to 1080p and 4K. Games like Strider that have bare minimum anti-aliasing options looked noticeably sharper and less aliased at 1527p. Makes me positive about 1800p still being a nice upgrade for 1080p users.

The only remaining question I have left would be if Ubisoft has also managed to increase texture and shadow quality for the 1080p screen mode. Or is the bump to 1800p all that can be managed, especially in an open world game.

kiguel182

It's your choice on how to approach combat, which gameplay wise I think is best. From what I've seen the game is silly but also focuses on serious real life issues, and there's really nothing wrong with that, life isn't one way or the other and neither are people, there's a time and place to be silly or serious and there's nothing wrong with portraying both. I can see how it would be jarring in a short trailer but imo this is the most interesting route for the game.

I don't think going on a killing spree is being silly.

And I know it's players choice, but if you are going to great a character to then let the player completely break their motivations the why create the character like than in the first place?

What I'm saying is the game would be better without the guns. There's no need for guns when your main character is supposed to be a kid that's an hacker.

i have now watched all the gamersyde SP videos. on the + side, framerate and framepacing looks mostly solid

Why does the graphics look much much better than in any other Watch Dog 2 video?

its ubisoft. they have been putting out bs trailers up to release date for a while now. us pc gamers get the worst of it. they constantly upload 100% completely fake gameworks trailers advertising graphics features that are broken using fake footage

Kayhan

Is there a high quality Gamersyde version of this new video?

The graphics look much better and I want to see it in better than YouTube quality.

Muffdraul

What I'm saying is the game would be better without the guns. There's no need for guns when your main character is supposed to be a kid that's an hacker.

A hacker with a 3D printer that can make guns, if he chooses to use them. Giving the player the choice makes it more meaningful than the devs forcing their choice on them.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
In what way? At least the dude's actually got a distinct and interesting design unlike the protag in the first game.
I like how a dude wearing jeans, a tshirt, a jacket, a hat, a laptop bag,and glasses=dipshit. Marcus is the most normal looking protagonist in a triple A game this year. Except for when you customize him and intentionally make him look silly.

I don't think going on a killing spree is being silly.

You said the tone of the game is all over the place. Assuming you're referring to the humor in addition to the brightness in tone contrast to the darkness of Watch_Dogs 1 but in combination with the fact that they kill people and deal with real world issues?

Like I said, sometimes they'll be silly and dick around and sometimes they'll be serious. I'm no 1337hacker expert, but after watching a few docs on groups like Anonymous, the contrast of silly/serious with members of the group having different goals and ideals on how to use hacking, whether it's political or simply for fun isn't far from the truth. I know you're specifically talking about violence, but in the videogame world it's not that outlandish to take tbat up a notch, purely for gameplay. Grand Theft Auto is very silly and yet features large amounts of violence as are hordes of other games, at least here you're given the option.

And I know it's players choice, but if you are going to great a character to then let the player completely break their motivations the why create the character like than in the first place?

Easier to self insert into the protagonist by playing the game how YOU want to play it rather than how everyone else wants you to play it. I wouldn't call it breaking his motivations or character when Marcus seems like an amalgamation of all the other Dedsec characters, some of which (Wrench) are violent. Marcus's motivations and ideals are what you make them based off of how you want to play him which is fine.

I understand, I just disagree. There's really no /need/ for most things in a videogame, but it's nice to have options to do things how you want to do them. There's also the fact that there are violent hackers in real life, they just get others to do their dirty work for them. Dreadpirateroberts, while not a hacker ran an underground drug selling website, got paranoid about one of his co-workers and decided to hire an assassin to have him killed.

Again, blowing up cars and mowing down people in the streets is quite the escalation from that but not every hacker is that kid on 4chan ddos'ing people against gamergate or taking down sites for fun which I think is your misconception. Ubisoft seems to be trying to portray the entire array of hacker culture from the silly parts like over exaggerated and under researched movies like "Hackers" to the serious real world stuff, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Tainted

I really want to like this game....but I just cannot get past the 1337 h4x0r vibes. It does look way better than the first game though...I'll probably watch some streams once it releases and finalise my decision then.

Blimblim save us.

Use those French Connections.

Ask and you shall receive
G5rw8NZ.png

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_watch_dogs_2_homemade_videos-18493_en.html

Wolfe

I tried finishing the first watchdogs, but it got so boring. I gave up not too long after the part with the junk yard.

I picked it up the other day for 15 bucks, for me at that price it's not a big deal even if I end up disliking the game.

Curious to see if I lose interest at any point though. Not far atm, only just went to the nephews birthday party.

2cool

Banned
Looks amazing. If gameplay is anything like wd1, or even improved i am sure I'll play this much more than GTA5, or any other open world game on ps4.

Playing Mafia 3 made me not want to play another open world game. I loved the original Watch Dogs, but Mafia 3 put a bad taste in my mouth. Hoping I get hyped before release.

Top Bottom