• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 Trailer - Welcome to San Francisco Gameplay

Shit, looks amazing. Wish I could grab it but the PSVR just drained my game funds for a while. Hopefully I can buy in closer to the holidays but man, it looks fantastic.
Large improvement since the original.

NateDog

It looks good but to me if I didn't know the title the first half of the trailer is advertised like a GTA game more than anything. I haven't kept up with the game and didn't play the first but is this what Ubisoft are going for in general with the game? Are they making a direct attempt to make something that looks very different to the first game (tonally and in other respects) while incorporating hacking and the likes to a smaller degree and level of focus than in the first game?

Karak

So much for a no-kill run

I ended by video after trying to tazer a dog and then killing them.The entire Ubisoft staff game to my booth and started flicking us good natured shit hahahaha.
They seemed to appreciate my screams of Fido Down from our recording booth.

cPzXSkh.jpg

Can't wait to give this game a try. I didn't hate the original Watch_Dogs as much as everyone else outside of the driving mechanics. Expecting great things from this game.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Christ I haven't even seen the trailer yet and this thread is incredibly positive. What gives?

Can't say that I spent much time in the side activities in Watch Dogs, and WD2 looks like it's much more about that, and I have no idea what the main story is about. I might give a side activity a go, but that's not really what I want these open world games to be about. I never spent much time doing that in GTA V either. I prefer more of an actually living world with stuff happening ex tempore, rather than having separate minigames I have to initiate.

Fotos

Living in the Bay Area really makes me want this game. I got all giddy when I saw Oracle Arena. Didn't know the game took place in almost the whole bay, I thought it was just SF.

Karak

Living in the Bay Area really makes me want this game. I got all giddy when I saw Oracle Arena. Didn't know the game took place in almost the whole bay, I thought it was just SF.

Ya some cool bits if you live in the area

Err... Damn. That was a good trailer. I was gunna hold off because xv is right around the corner, but might have to play.

And there's no ps4 pro patch at launch right? I don't really mind just wondering.

Looks ok, nothign great but after Mafia 3, I just dont trust that the gameplay will be all that interesting and less Ubisoft'ish. Then again, I managed to finish Mafia 3, so cant get worse that that? Can it? I did enjoy Watch Dogs 1 but at that time I wasnt fed with the open world formula. Now, im kinda getting sick of it.

Karak

I hope there's lots of fun things to do on the water since it makes up most of the map

With the stuff I did(I spent the entire time exploring the game world) you see wind maps and some secrets. I assume at the very least races and some exploration mini quests

ogbg

With the stuff I did(I spent the entire time exploring the game world) you see wind maps and some secrets. I assume at the very least races and some exploration mini quests

Cool, sailing would be awesome. I was disappointed that sailing boats in GTA5 only used the motor.

Is there any diving?

And there's no ps4 pro patch at launch right? I don't really mind just wondering.

There will be a patch, yes. It was one of the games they showed off during the Pro's reveal. 1800p base res then checkerboard rendered to 4K. That's what the game is getting at the minimum; there might be more work they have done since then and launch.

Karak

Cool, sailing would be awesome. I was disappointed that sailing boats in GTA5 only used the motor.

Is there any diving?

Unknown. We spent a lot of time trying to smash other peoples boats and went full pirate for awhile lol. But didn't go far enough into clothing options to see if later you could get them. I would guess no. At least from what I saw

There will be a patch, yes. It was one of the games they showed off during the Pro's reveal. 1800p base res then checkerboard rendered to 4K. That's what the game is getting at the minimum; there might be more work they have done since then and launch.

Doh! I remember them playing wd2 at the reveal. Good to know thanks.

J3nga

Just don't pre-order it guys, 1st one looked damn cool in those pre-release trailers and whatnot, don't fall for those trailers.

Game looks like a significant improvement over the original, but the writing is still really mediocre. Hopefully the game is fun enough for me to look past that.

Just don't pre-order it guys, 1st one looked damn cool in those pre-release trailers and whatnot, don't fall for those trailers.
Yeah, but these are trailers from the game 6 months before launch and less, not two years out, which they've done to avoid that same situation from happening again, in addition to people actually having the chance to play through the game and give their honest opinions, not closed off E3 demos. If you don't want to pre order it that's fine, but myself and others are smart enough to make that desicion on our own. We'll spend our money how we choose. Ubisoft is at least making an effort to put out honest marketing and quality products with Watch Dogs 2 and the next Assassin's Creed game, and looking at everything that's gone into this game it appeals to me and I'd like the opportunity to play it the second it releases, and I will do that by pre ordering and enjoying the extra content bonuses.

If you don't want to that's fine, but stop complaining about what others are doing.

kiguel182

"I'm Marcus. 80's film buff. Idealist. Hacker."

*cut to him mowing down armies of security forces with an M4*

I keep saying it but the tone of this game is all over the place. It would be so good if they just took out the lethal options and focused on stealth and more appropriate options.

I keep saying it but the tone of this game is all over the place. It would be so good if they just took out the lethal options and focused on stealth and more appropriate options.
It's your choice on how to approach combat, which gameplay wise I think is best. From what I've seen the game is silly but also focuses on serious real life issues, and there's really nothing wrong with that, life isn't one way or the other and neither are people, there's a time and place to be silly or serious and there's nothing wrong with portraying both. I can see how it would be jarring in a short trailer but imo this is the most interesting route for the game.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I already have t( '.' t)

Got myself a significant discount as a result. Only going to end up paying about $35 for it

Top Bottom