• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White woman undergoes cosmetic procedures to make herself ‘black’

jmood88

Always sunny happening in real life

B8PbxV_IIAAqfGE.jpg
First thing I thought of when I saw her picture.

8K3EIP3.jpg

Assuming this thread doesn't get locked, I think this is a good opportunity to talk about ethics in medicine and how any doctor could be cool with modifying someone to this extent.

Kebiinu

Banned
Why not? I mean if you're going to change sex why not race? What's the difference? If you're going to allow change based on personal identity and preference on what basis do you draw the line in one area but not another?

You're not seriously trying to have this discussion, are you?

Media

Yeah with just the comically huge breasts you can tell she has a mental disorder of some kind like dymophia, but this takes it to a whole new level. I take it the coloring is tattoo? Who Would agree to do that? On that note. What doctor would agree to the bowling ball boobs?

RRockman

Banned
Why?

Why would anyone do this to themselves?

I can't grasp the true form of this way of thinking.

Also is that link what got the other thread locked?

Why not? I mean if you're going to change sex why not race? What's the difference? If you're going to allow change based on personal identity and preference on what basis do you draw the line in one area but not another?

Men and women are biologically different which is why gender disphoria exists among the trans community. It's a conflict between the gender you believe you should be and the one you're born into. There are actual tangible differences between the male and female body. A woman does have a vagaina. A woman does go through a period. And if you're biologically male who has disphoria you are affected by the reality that your body doesn't correspond with those standard. Beyond skin color, all races are the same aka human. Wanting to be a "black woman" means little when there are black women in Africa, France, Brazil, America etc. A "black woman" from where? There are black women with red hair. There are amazingly light skinned to albino black women. There is no biological standard for what a "black woman" entails thus a person like this just wants to be a stereotype.

nkarafo

I feel sorry for her. She will most likely regret this later in her life, assuming her body can withstand all those procedures long enough and it doesn't kill her.

ReiGun

This is so gross.

Yeah with just the comically huge breasts you can tell she has a mental disorder of some kind like dymophia, but this takes it to a whole new level. I take it the coloring is tattoo? Who Would agree to do that? On that note. What doctor would agree to the bowling ball boobs?

Much of the plastic surgery industry is pretty sleazy. Not saying that every doctor is some manipulative bastard who has no regard for the safety of the people they service; I know many offer safe procedures and have done a lot of good. But given the number of stories like this that come out, it does seem there's no shortage of people who will do all sorts of fucked up surgeries if the money is right.

Monocle

How is this appealing to anyone? It would be impractical and painful to have a bust that size. And how distorted would your sense of aesthetics have to be to find wildly disproportionate boobs attractive?

It's the same thing as synthol injections to (badly) simulate huge muscles. The result is stupid and ugly and risky. A crass waste of time, money, and health.

Because they're legends.

Isn't there some anecdote about her having to go to the hospital in blackface?
Anyway, I'm amazed how they constantly pull off offensive stuff like that while barely causing a stir. They have amazing feeling for that offensiveness sweet spot.

Men and women are biologically different which is why gender disphoria exists among the trans community. It's a conflict between the gender you believe you should be and the one you're born into. There are actual tangible differences between the male and female body. A woman does have a vagaina. A woman does go through a period. And if you're biologically male who has disphoria you are affected by the reality that your body doesn't correspond with those standard. Beyond skin color, all races are the same aka human. Wanting to be a "black woman" means little when there are black women in Africa, France, Brazil, America etc. A "black woman" from where? There are black women with red hair. There are amazingly light skinned to albino black women. There is no biological standard for what a "black woman" entails thus a person like this just wants to be a stereotype.

It's a good point.

This woman honestly looks like a botched female Redguard in Skyrim, which is quite the feat because most characters in that game are already ugly.

Alo0oy

Banned
Did nobody in this process, from her parents and siblings all the way to the doctor, ever talk to her about this?

vikki

How did they play this off so tastefully?

I don't think tasteful is the best word to describe anyone but maybe Dennis at times. Everyone on the show makes poor choices, constantly. The Blackface and the cultural appropriation of other minority groups is used to highlight the gang's ignorance.

Not going to mock her like some people are (which is disgusting btw). I just hope she gets help for whatever her issues are.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
She will crack. If joke in bad taste sorry.

I saw her British TV and she had a strange accent like she was from northern England. Confused me.

BajiBoxer

Banned

There's definite biological differences in the brain of a trans person, something that can't be cured by therapy. The sex change making the physical body match is the best way to treat it in most cases. It's a medical neccesity. The lady though needs significant therapy though. Other issues are at play.

Basically, research on why trans people are trans has advanced significantly in recent tears. Some reading on the issue would probably clear up the logic for you.

Quoting this for a new page. There's a big difference between gender disphoria and the claim of racial disphoria and this breaks it down very well.

Top Bottom