• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White woman undergoes cosmetic procedures to make herself ‘black’

Thewonandonly

The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice.

Haaaahaaa this one got me congrats.

But for real this girl looks terrible with her giganticly oversized boobs to picking the most unnaturally looking black she could find. If she was going for the African queen look well she really really missed the mark she is no Beyoncé or Nikki Minaj.

Bottom pic looks more natural to be fair but damn that top pick something just doesn't look right at all haha

I think this lady is bizarre but I don't see anything morally wrong with what she does to herself.

She can do what she wants to her body. But where I have a problem is when white people do dumb shit like this and claim to be black. That's where my line gets drawn. It's fucking infuriating and the ultimate white privilege and spits in the face of actual black people.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Because I cannot for the life of me think of a reason somebody would undergo sex-reassignment other than to align their sex to their gender? You're the one who put forward that we have proof they're doing it for non-biological purposes, not me. So I asked for an example.

Uh I never said there was proofs of anything, I asked what do you do in that situation. Don't put words in my mouth.

Ketkat

Uh I never said there was proofs of anything, I asked what do you do in that situation. Don't put words in my mouth.

And what situation is that exactly? People are asking you to clarify and you just keep dodging the question. You said "What if we even have proof it's not biologically motivated?"

We have proof stating otherwise, so people want to know what the hell you're talking about already. What proof is there that it could not be biological?

gaiages

Banned
How did they play this off so tastefully?

Well I think the point of it was that it was offensive, it came off pretty cringey in the show and that felt like that was the point.

Then again that whole episode was pretty lame. The blackface certainly didn't help it.

On topic I'm really more concerned with those implants causing terrible back problems over anything else. If that's what she wants to do then so be it.

Dynasty

She can do what she wants to her body. But where I have a problem is when white people do dumb shit like this and claim to be black. That's where my line gets drawn. It's fucking infuriating and the ultimate white privilege and spits in the face of actual black people.

I got a question.
If a white person goes through this surgery, changes there passport pictures etc, wouldnt they be seen as black in everyday life? Will be more likely to be racially profiled(pulled over by cops), racially discriminated agaisnt(when applying for jobs), shot by cops(when walking, driving, lying down) all because society will view them as a black person?

And the same is true vice versa, if a black person goes through this surgery, wouldnt they be seen as white in everyday life? Cops would be less scared of you, more luck applying for jobs etc. All because society will view then as a white person.

Of course if these people start acting like Rachel Dolezal and lying about your past, then that is some dumb shit.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
And what situation is that exactly? People are asking you to clarify and you just keep dodging the question. You said "What if we even have proof it's not biologically motivated?"

We have proof stating otherwise, so people want to know what the hell you're talking about already. What proof is there that it could not be biological?

I'm talking about an individual who would want to change sex even if it was not based on a biological reason, it was clear. Whether because they state so themselves or whether it was proven with some test, doesn't matter. First reply I got was no it would not be appropriate to attack or humiliate that person.

People here are attacking someone claiming there is no biological basis for her decision, like that's the threshold that gives you legitimacy or not.

PSqueak

Banned
Wait, she got what is obviously the bigges boob job she could find and somehow she thought "but what else i can do to have people pay attention to me?", huh?

Why does it seem like her lips were enhanced? And maybe even the nose? I'm disgusted. This is an attempt at mockery in my opinion.

bman94

Being Black is not a fucking fashion statement. Get this bullshit out od here, my race isn't a fucking thing you can morph into.

Why does it seem like her lips were enhanced? And maybe even the nose? I'm disgusted. This is an attempt at mockery in my opinion.
yeah it does look like she's had lip injections. I don't know if she's had other facial work yet but "african facial features" are in the plans. She wants to become a caricature of a black woman. It's offensive.

EsHdcPj.jpg

Top Bottom